Senior Night Game Thread

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Ha ha! Okay. Proud of their effort, but you DESERVE to lose when you miss that many lay ups and free throws. You’re out of touch if you disagree with that. 

A group of kids just played their hearts out just to have them ripped out of their chest. Unbelievably callous. They didn’t deserve that. 

We had no real pg, two guys who gave up several inches and a lot of lbs. trying to guard the post, and a walk-on checking the likely POY in the conference. Took them to double OT and it took an unlikely shot to beat us.

Yep, we deserved to lose..

SMH

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

A group of kids just played their hearts out just to have them ripped out of their chest. Unbelievably callous. They didn’t deserve that. 

And I’m proud of their effort AS I SAID BEFORE. But when you miss that many free throws no team deserves to win any game. Sorry. Get over yourself. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Damn it. Hell of an effort, just fell short -- would be nice to hit some FTs. 

Somewhat, a little bit anyway, of a silver lining. I think this team can win some games in the BTT. 

I think we can win 4.  Not really sure why I think that after this year, but I do.  It would be IU to win the B1G in CAM's first year

Awesome, awesome effort by the guys. You just can’t miss that many free throws in a game like that. Also, Morgan got fouled on his last basket. That’s a much different final possession for OSU if Morgan goes to the line like he should have, even if he missed. It was a terrible non-call, especially given some of the garbage Morgan was called for. 

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Awesome, awesome effort by the guys. You just can’t miss that many free throws in a game like that. Also, Morgan got fouled on his last basket. That’s a much different final possession for OSU if Morgan goes to the line like he should have, even if he missed. It was a terrible non-call, especially given some of the garbage Morgan was called for. 

I totally agree. Feel bad for the boys tonight.

Lose to Big 10 leaders Sparty, Ohio St., and Purdue by a combined 12 points at home. With this roster? Year 1 for staff? Sucks to lose. I get it but once the talent is upgraded JUST slightly....we are 12-6 or 13-5 conf record team. And that's if we just improved the talent SLIGHTLY.

Tough loss for sure but given the roster....tough in only how it ended. 

Didn't go back and read entire thread but if any students post on this board....can you share what reason the balconies/student sections were empty on a Friday night? Fischer kept hammering the point on Dakich show as well. Fischer said take 2800 tickets away. Every time they don't show up take another 1,000. 

a few tidbit - i don't see what's wrong with the poster pointing out that we deserved to lose with the way we shot FTs... a the same time, loved the effort... i agree that the way this team has performed with the roster we have has been pretty solid... as for empty balcony seats on a Friday, it's rough watching up there.  i guess i agree somewhat due to the fact that it was OSU, it should be a solid atmosphere, but i could have seen me deciding to go to Yogi's or to a buddy's house to watch instead of sitting way up there.  can't see us winning more than 1 or 2 in the BTT, but will watch and cheer them on and do the same in the NIT.  the Cubs fan in me is saying... Wait til next year!

36 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

a few tidbit - i don't see what's wrong with the poster pointing out that we deserved to lose with the way we shot FTs... a the same time, loved the effort... i agree that the way this team has performed with the roster we have has been pretty solid... as for empty balcony seats on a Friday, it's rough watching up there.  i guess i agree somewhat due to the fact that it was OSU, it should be a solid atmosphere, but i could have seen me deciding to go to Yogi's or to a buddy's house to watch instead of sitting way up there.  can't see us winning more than 1 or 2 in the BTT, but will watch and cheer them on and do the same in the NIT.  the Cubs fan in me is saying... Wait til next year!

I think the NIT may be a long shot.......

I think CAM has done a good overall job with what he had going into this season.  Got these guys playing at a higher level than CTC every did.  Substitution patterns very good, but not great.  More mature and distinguished on the sideline that what we had in the past 7 seasons.  So I think the future is bright, although next year we will lack significant experience on the court with only one senior.

Does anyone remember the last time Hartman actually made a basket?  Late January maybe?  I know all about the injuries and playing hurt, but really, what has happened to his shot?

Get Smith 30 minutes in the next game, and any others which might follow.  Gotta keep that kid happy and working hard.

Archived