IU Officially Mentioned in FBI Probe

bstall76

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Maybe, still does not look good, there had to be a reason he reached out to Martin. 

After looking up a few things it appears that Martin was an assistant at Memphis from 2006-2008. Guess who the coach was at Memphis during that time 🤢...Calipari. That's just a bad bad connection to have. Hopefully Crean knew what his assistants were doing and didn't allow any nonsense. I would love to hear a statement from Crean and I really really hope IU didn't get involved in this dirty recruiting game. 

• bstall76 changed the title to IU Officially Mentioned in FBI Probe
1 minute ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I have to say I really resent the title of this post - pretty misleading to say "officially implicated".

1 minute ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I have to say I really resent the title of this post - pretty misleading to say "officially implicated".

Yes this was posted in at least 3 different threads. 

Sky must be falling 

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Chuck Martin was trying to close a deal for Brian Bowen. That’s officially implicated. Wonder how long before Crean denies knowledge. 

Based on Dawkins email saying he’s trying work a deal? Maybe let soem facts come out before you speak in certainty on a topic you know nothing about 

3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Chuck Martin was trying to close a deal for Brian Bowen. That’s officially implicated. Wonder how long before Crean denies knowledge. 

I read that to mean the agent was trying to close the deal with Martin and Stephens.  Big difference.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

It doesn't look good, but since nobody has pointed this out:

1) This is an email to Sean Miller where Dawkins claims that he has interest from other people for Bowen.

2) Nothing here indicates that he actually even spoke with or received a reply from Chuck Martin or Dwayne Stephens.

3) He's attempting to leverage others' interest (real or perceived) in order to get Miller to make a decision quickly.  It's a classic sales technique, and the others' interest doesn't have to exist - it just has to be believed.

Again, while it doesn't look good, I'd wait for more context and further information before deciding IU's "officially" been implicated (which they haven't).  

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Are people really going to try to shrug this off as nothing? Do you need video of Crean with a bag of money to believe we may have been involved?

No, nor am I going to get overly concerned until IU is offficially charged with an infraction. And, I am not going to extrapolate that just because Sean Miller may be guilty, doesn't mean a thing in regards to Archie.

Surely you had a sibling that did something wrong that had nothing to do with who you are 

Archived