IU Officially Mentioned in FBI Probe

bstall76

4 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Its a message board. 90% of what we do is speculate. 

Of course we speculate but speculation is not necessarily panic. If I, and I suspect many others,  wanted constant panic we'd be reading the other board right now. They do the panic thing a whole lot better..... they have a lot more practice. 

Frankly, right now, I'm more worried about Archie's connections than I am Martin. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with the posters that say currently there is no real ground to penalize IU.

Also agree with posters saying we should not be so confident on how clean our program has been run. Hopefully we haven't been dirty, but I wouldn't put any money down that we weren't playing the game. If nothing else this process has all shown us its par for the course 

Don't love seeing our name in any of this. But, this email is not really a problem. We didn't sign or even get a visit from Bowen, and our players didn't sign with their agency.

We should be nervous just like everyone else in college basketball, but this email is nothing to get worked up about.

Why is it I'm starting to get the impression that some seem to actually look forward to IU being implicated in this mess just so they have another reason to throw Crean under the bus? He's gone from IU, his carcass has been run over by the bus so many times that there is hardly a recognizable stain remaining behind and yet some still cannot seem to let it go. He left IU much better than he found it and however this whole FBI thing turns out, it seems his biggest failing will be that he didn't cheat hard enough. 

Just now, hoosierBGH said:

Why is it I'm starting to get the impression that some seem to actually look forward to IU being implicated in this mess just so they have another reason to throw Crean under the bus? He's gone from IU, his carcass has been run over by the bus so many times that there is hardly a recognizable stain remaining behind and yet some still cannot seem to let it go. He left IU much better than he found it and however this whole FBI thing turns out, it seems his biggest failing will be that he didn't cheat hard enough. 

Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion after reading through the comments I just got done reading

2 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

Anybody who thinks like that is straight classless.

2 minutes ago, IUalum said:

OG as a projected first rounder??

ranked in the 200s  I call BS on that.

This happened during last season as Bowen was being recruited. Dawkins was trying to dangle delivering Bowen, who was a 2017 recruit, in exchange for current (as of last season) college players signing with his agency. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

This happened during last season as Bowen was being recruited. Dawkins was trying to dangle delivering Bowen, who was a 2017 recruit, in exchange for current (as of last season) college players signing with his agency. 

Ex-IU coach Chuck Martin may very well be dirty, but these two former IU studs did not take Andy Miller's bait! It said in the latest article in the Indystar....

Neither Anunoby nor Bryant signed with Andy Miller's ASM agency after leaving Bloomington. Martin didn't respond to IndyStar's request for comment.

There was no crime here, besides, Chuck Martin doesn't work for IU anymore. 

Obviously it’s not good to have IU mentioned, and the Martin and Kenny Johnson eras on the IU staff are certainly troublesome, but as HH said IU backed off Bowen very early, never made a final 5 list for him and never even got a visit. While we should still be worried there doesn’t seem to be much on this one. 

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Ex-IU coach Chuck Martin may very well be dirty, but these two former IU studs did not take Andy Miller's bait! It said in the latest article in the Indystar....

Neither Anunoby nor Bryant signed with Andy Miller's ASM agency after leaving Bloomington. Martin didn't respond to IndyStar's request for comment.

There was no crime here, besides, Chuck Martin doesn't work for IU anymore. 

Agree. I was just clarifying the timeline for IUAlum. 

Just now, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

This is all just nuts.  And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Yep. Only one agency too. Who knows how much more they have on Andy Miller, but there are a ton of other agencies out there. Frankly, I think every kid is offered something. Some kids might not take it if they're from a well off family or they want to play for their dream school or something, but I'm sure every kid can be bought and paid for. This business is just filthy.

53 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

No, nor am I going to get overly concerned until IU is offficially charged with an infraction. And, I am not going to extrapolate that just because Sean Miller may be guilty, doesn't mean a thing in regards to Archie.

Surely you had a sibling that did something wrong that had nothing to do with who you are 

I’m talking about Chuck Martin?

I think it's completely naive to think offers aren't floated all of the time.  Crean steadfastly alluded to losing out on players because he wasn't playing those games.  How exactly do you think he knew a game was afoot?  Offers were made, and Crean backed out.  We recruited Whitehead, didn't get him, and our courtship of Bowen must have been so fast I missed it. to me,  this revelation only supports what Crean was alluding to.

Archived