FBI wiretaps show Sean Miller discussing $100k payments.

milehiiu

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Yesterday it was ABC, today Time with the fake news- https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/06/21/daily-mail-crying-child-on-time-cover-never-separated-by-border-control-agents-from-her-mother/?utm_campaign=twitchywidget

I can't believe what ESPN puts out. These used to be the standards for honest news.  

I saw this. I'm pretty skeptical of the claim that it was false; the man claiming it is false also admits to not having spoken to his wife. I'm not sure how we can take that as proof Time was "fake news". 

Either way, we know for a fact this story as a whole wasn't fabricated. 

20 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I saw this. I'm pretty skeptical of the claim that it was false; the man claiming it is false also admits to not having spoken to his wife. I'm not sure how we can take that as proof Time was "fake news". 

Either way, we know for a fact this story as a whole wasn't fabricated. 

Apparently you didn't read the article I linked. The photographer who took the picture says they were not separated. The mom set her child down for a minute and the child started crying. I did not read the time article but the cover is as FAKE and misleading as can be. 

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

Apparently you didn't read the article I linked. The photographer who took the picture says they were not separated. The mom set her child down for a minute and the child started crying. I did not read the time article but the cover is as FAKE and misleading as can be. 

That's not what the article says. There isn't a word from the photographer about rather or not they were separated. All we have is a dad who hasn't talked to either of them saying nothing is wrong and a photographer saying what happened leading up to her being searched. Maybe it was all fake, maybe not, does it really matter though? Are you denying the crisis going on at our border? 

Speaking to People magazine [the photographer] said that the girl’s mother was the last to be searched and a female agent asked her to put [her daughter] Yanela down so she could pat her down.

Moore said: ‘The mother hesitated and then set down the little girl and the child immediately started crying.

43 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

That's not what the article says. There isn't a word from the photographer about rather or not they were separated. All we have is a dad who hasn't talked to either of them saying nothing is wrong and a photographer saying what happened leading up to her being searched. Maybe it was all fake, maybe not, does it really matter though? Are you denying the crisis going on at our border? 

Speaking to People magazine [the photographer] said that the girl’s mother was the last to be searched and a female agent asked her to put [her daughter] Yanela down so she could pat her down.

Moore said: ‘The mother hesitated and then set down the little girl and the child immediately started crying.

You admit that Time Magazine created fake news by cropping out the mother standing right next to the crying child? They are not reporting news but creating news and trying to influence

25 minutes ago, Reacher said:

You admit that Time Magazine created fake news by cropping out the mother standing right next to the crying child? They are not reporting news but creating news and trying to influence

A picture is worth  a thousand words.  It matters not what the story, nor the father said.  Optics are everything.  Time magazine accomplished their objective, with a photo shopped cover.

38 minutes ago, Reacher said:

No, I wholeheartedly reject Time Magazine created fake news. At worst, they misused a photo in order to display a real humanitarian crisis that was self-created by the US Government. 

The only way it could be fake news is if you don't think children were being separated from their parents at the border. Is that what you are saying you believe? 

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

No, I wholeheartedly reject Time Magazine created fake news. At worst, they misused a photo in order to display a real humanitarian crisis that was self-created by the US Government. 

The only way it could be fake news is if you don't think children were being separated from their parents at the border. Is that what you are saying you believe? 

“Take it seriously, not literally.”

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Wonder if this has anything to do with De Sousa at Kansas... Would be sweet if Self and Turgeon both got taken down.

I've been waiting for other shoe to drop on Bill Self since his Dee Brown, Deron Williams (should have had Charlie Villanueva) class at Illinois. Just a matter of time for Bucknell Bill or Dollar Bill...or whatever name we want to call him. 

19 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Innocent until proven guilty.  Lets not throw a mediocre coach under the bus just yet.  Everyone jumped all over Sean Miller and found him guilty before the facts were out.

Absolutely. With that said. Anyone that knows how the Feds work. They go after big game. They aren't going after the corner boys. They want Avon Barksdale.

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Absolutely. With that said. Anyone that knows how the Feds work. They go after big game. They aren't going after the corner boys. They want Avon Barksdale.

Currently 9 schools under investigation.   What's that old saying ?  "Where there's smoke, there is fire."   We've seen the smoke.  Now it's time to see the fire. 

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Innocent until proven guilty.  Lets not throw a mediocre coach under the bus just yet.  Everyone jumped all over Sean Miller and found him guilty before the facts were out.

For the record, I don't think all the facts are out there yet.  I think Sean Miller still has problems.  You're either going to see (1) Sean Miller go down or (2) a massive defamation suit against ESPN.

7 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't disagree with what anyone has said.  But in today's society we to quickly jump to guilty as charged before knowing all the facts.  

Very true.  I guess a great example of that was the Duke Lacrosse team. Been a while.  I believe it was Duke.  LOL

12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Very true.  I guess a great example of that was the Duke Lacrosse team. Been a while.  I believe it was Duke.  LOL

Or some of the people who are being accused of sexual misconduct.  They lose jobs and endorsements and are crucified before any evidence.  Not saying they did or didn't do it, but we like to jump straight to the verdict with the trial

No Terps coaches were named in the second subpoena, but it requested any information and communication “relating to the recruitment, eligibility and/or amateur status” of De Sousa. Assistant coach Dustin Clark, who served as the lead recruiter for both Fernando and De Sousa, recently left Maryland after seven years to go into a family business in Texas.

This is the paragraph that sticks out to me. The two players handler was given 20,000. The recruiter of both leaves basketball after 7 years on the job.?

Archived