FBI wiretaps show Sean Miller discussing $100k payments.

milehiiu

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Wondering if that lawyer is an MSU grad...:coffee:

No idea.  What's Mark Adams doing these days ?  Is Archie looking at any of Adam's kids ?

Not starting a rumor.  Just curious, because as I recall, Indiana Elite is an Adidas team.

Edit:

Just found the answer to my question..... Robert Phinisee. 

Shortly after Bowen Sr. returned to the stand about 20 minutes later, it wasn't long before he'd accused a handful of colleges, including Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma State and Texas, of offering him tens of thousands of dollars in cash and other improper benefits for his son to play basketball at those schools.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/24895503/brian-bowen-sr-accuses-colleges-offering-cash-improper-benefits-son-attend

owen said Christian Dawkins, one of the three defendants in the criminal trial for felony wire fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud, relayed the alleged offers from assistant coaches to him.

According to Bowen Sr., Dawkins told him that Arizona assistant coach Joe Pasternack offered $50,000; Oklahoma State assistant coach Lamont Evans offered $150,000 cash, $8,000 for a car and additional money to buy a house; Texas assistant coach Mike Morrell offered to "help me with housing;" and Creighton assistant coach Preston Murphy offered $100,000 and a "good job, a lucrative job."

Bowen Sr. told the jury that he received $2,000 per month from Shane Heirman for Bowen Jr. to attend La Lumiere School in LaPorte, Indiana. Heirman was the head coach of La Lumiere at the time, and is now an assistant coach at DePaul.

10 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Shortly after Bowen Sr. returned to the stand about 20 minutes later, it wasn't long before he'd accused a handful of colleges, including Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma State and Texas, of offering him tens of thousands of dollars in cash and other improper benefits for his son to play basketball at those schools.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/24895503/brian-bowen-sr-accuses-colleges-offering-cash-improper-benefits-son-attend

owen said Christian Dawkins, one of the three defendants in the criminal trial for felony wire fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud, relayed the alleged offers from assistant coaches to him.

According to Bowen Sr., Dawkins told him that Arizona assistant coach Joe Pasternack offered $50,000; Oklahoma State assistant coach Lamont Evans offered $150,000 cash, $8,000 for a car and additional money to buy a house; Texas assistant coach Mike Morrell offered to "help me with housing;" and Creighton assistant coach Preston Murphy offered $100,000 and a "good job, a lucrative job."

Bowen Sr. told the jury that he received $2,000 per month from Shane Heirman for Bowen Jr. to attend La Lumiere School in LaPorte, Indiana. Heirman was the head coach of La Lumiere at the time, and is now an assistant coach at DePaul.

Lol, if CREIGHTON was offering cash to recruits, there wasn’t a single major program that wasn’t.  Interesting that Spiece was also paying.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

You’re right, I should’ve qualified.  Every major program was offering cash to recruits EXCEPT our beloved Hoosiers!

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. 

The Smellermakers are probably clean too, but they're not a major program. :coffee:

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Does anyone know if that is the same Joe Pasternak that was a manager for IU mens team for RMK? If so i coached with he and Mike Schrage when we were dll undergrads 

11 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Does anyone know if that is the same Joe Pasternak that was a manager for IU mens team for RMK? If so i coached with he and Mike Schrage when we were dll undergrads 

Pasternak is like 'Smith' is some parts of the country.  :coffee:

Posted this in the Hurt thread because it sort of came up, but reposting here because it fits the topic better. 

IMO, the media is just as complicit in all of this as the coaches and shoe companies. They know what's going on for decades but the bury their heads in the sand as much as anyone. 

Check out this tweet from Jon Rothstein. I believe he tweeted this on the same day that Bowen Sr gave his testimony where he alleged that Arizona offered him $50k, the same Arizona that is alleged to have offered Ayton over $100K.

Shouldn't this tweet have said something like, "Geez, you have to wonder if Arizona is still paying players? After all the allegations made against that program, that's 2 5* commitments in a week. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a duck."

Instead, he goes the "wow, UA is going to be awesome, they just reload" route. That's a huge, huge part of the problem with all this, very few in the CBB media are willing to do the work here and dig into this thing.

34 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Posted this in the Hurt thread because it sort of came up, but reposting here because it fits the topic better. 

IMO, the media is just as complicit in all of this as the coaches and shoe companies. They know what's going on for decades but the bury their heads in the sand as much as anyone. 

Check out this tweet from Jon Rothstein. I believe he tweeted this on the same day that Bowen Sr gave his testimony where he alleged that Arizona offered him $50k, the same Arizona that is alleged to have offered Ayton over $100K.

Shouldn't this tweet have said something like, "Geez, you have to wonder if Arizona is still paying players? After all the allegations made against that program, that's 2 5* commitments in a week. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a duck."

Instead, he goes the "wow, UA is going to be awesome, they just reload" route. That's a huge, huge part of the problem with all this, very few in the CBB media are willing to do the work here and dig into this thing.

"It is all fun and games".......until you get.........

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I tend to think there's a couple of things going on: 1) the 'reporting' on the NBA generally by espn and other media sites is terrible, espn of course was largely gutted fairly recently and today's reporting is all about tweets and immediate 'news' instead of actual journalism, and 2) a lot of the "analysts" or reporters or whatever you can call them now are leery of going after a program, because they want access to the program's coaches and players (e.g., see the incredible kid gloves' treatment by the San Antonio media at large on the Spurs) and they don't want to end up with pie on their faces (like what happened to espn after they blasted AZ's Miller for offering cash). For me, most of these tweets are next to useless information, except to see what people are saying or thinking, right now.

Archived