FBI wiretaps show Sean Miller discussing $100k payments.

milehiiu

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming that Adidas isn't competing against themselves it's only a matter of time for Nike schools to deal with this. With that said. If the NCAA does nothing after testimony shows that Self knew what was going on?? Flood gates opened on more cheating. 

NCAA is at the most serious crossroads of it's existence. I'm not an attorney but have several in my family. My question to them and to the board or other attorneys on here...can institutions sue the NCAA because they are failing to properly punish schools who are getting enriched by these illegal benefits?

31 minutes ago, rico said:

They still think they are clean.  LOL

I’ve been checking out the Kansas Rivals board recently to see how they’re reacting.  Funny how much the conversation over there almost perfectly mirrors the conversation here.  Some people acknowledging the reality of what’s going on, and others determined to keep their heads in the sand at any cost.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I’ve been checking out the Kansas Rivals board recently to see how they’re reacting.  Funny how much the conversation over there almost perfectly mirrors the conversation here.  Some people acknowledging the reality of what’s going on, and others determined to keep their heads in the sand at any cost.

In all fairness, we are connecting dots about IU. KU is much more of a smoking gun it appears.

10 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

In all fairness, we are connecting dots about IU. KU is much more of a smoking gun it appears.

Very true, the smoke is much thicker around Kansas than IU.  I just think it’s funny that no matter how much evidence piles up, some fans are always going to deny any wrongdoing by their favorite program to the very end.  Everyone just needs to accept that every major program was engaging in this to some extent — it was literally impossible not to.

13 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Very true, the smoke is much thicker around Kansas than IU.  I just think it’s funny that no matter how much evidence piles up, some fans are always going to deny any wrongdoing by their favorite program to the very end.  Everyone just needs to accept that every major program was engaging in this to some extent — it was literally impossible not to.

It's kind of like cycling in the Lance Armstrong era. If I remember correctly, during the stretch of Armstrong's tour wins, all but ONE podium finisher have since admitted doping or were implicated in it.  It was a case of literally everyone breaking the rules, but obviously some more than others.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Not the case at all on the Scout KU board.  Overwhelming support for Self.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

In all fairness. What dots involve IU? 

The discussion was on out of the blue visits from top recruits during a terrible time in the CTC era.  Whether there was fire or not, we cannot be certain, but it did appear to be 'smoky'.  BGleas highlighted much of it in a thread somewhere around here, if it's a slow work night, I will try to find it.

8 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

The details I saw started at the 5th post from the top of page 15 of this thread.

Yep. Know the game and the time line. I think some dislike Crean so much they'll always try to match things up. My take on those visits. Syracuse was in trouble. Zeller was drafted in the lottery. Bryant liked the opportunity. He said yes to us because Cuse was in trouble. After that it's mainly just fodder. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Know the game and the time line. I think some dislike Crean so much they'll always try to match things up. My take on those visits. Syracuse was in trouble. Zeller was drafted in the lottery. Bryant liked the opportunity. He said yes to us because Cuse was in trouble. After that it's mainly just fodder. 

You and your take might be entirely correct.  I do not mean to sound derogatory saying that.  I hope you are right.

Some may remember my handle - ICZ or IceCreanZone, I was a big CTC supporter.  Though I liked him and supported him throughout his time here, I am not nor (do I hope) will I line up to bash him.  Knowing all this, I will not allow myself to be blindsided should the investigative eye reflect Cream and Crimson.  Again, I hope you are right, but as for me and BGleas, my biased eye would never call us CTC or IU detractors.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Ya can never be too sure.  

Ok, I'm 99% sure. 

We've all gone over this already, I don't buy into the since-others-cheated-therefore-IU-did-to reasoning, especially given that Crean came in and cleaned up IU and all the public discourse about IU backing off recruits when other programs were getting dirty. 

If something comes up showing IU was involved, fine, until then, nope, not buying the skeptic view.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Ok, I'm 99% sure. 

We've all gone over this already, I don't buy into the since-others-cheated-therefore-IU-did-to reasoning, especially given that Crean came in and cleaned up IU and all the public discourse about IU backing off recruits when other programs were getting dirty. 

If something comes up showing IU was involved, fine, until then, nope, not buying the skeptic view.

I can appreciate that.  I feel the same way......but I am leaving the door cracked.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I don’t dislike Crean at all, and was a supporter of his on these boards for a long time, and even when I was ready for him to go I was always fair about it. With that said, knowing what we know in general, and specially about Adidas, I think you have to have your heard buried in the sand to at least not admit that it’s a red flag when a recruit like Thon Maker shows up unplanned during maybe your coaches worst stretch as a coach. 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don’t dislike Crean at all, and was a supporter of his on these boards for a long time, and even when I was ready for him to go I was always fair about it. With that said, knowing what we know in general, and specially about Adidas, I think you have to have your heard buried in the sand to at least not admit that it’s a red flag when a recruit like Thon Maker shows up unplanned during maybe your coaches worst stretch as a coach. 

Elaborate a little bit more "B".  You think Crean knew he was coming?

1 minute ago, rico said:

Elaborate a little bit more "B".  You think Crean knew he was coming?

You mean the unplanned part? Just saying in this day and age of recruiting media, when a guy as highly touted as Maker is coming to visit from a good distance away, it’s usually reported ahead of time. As far as I know, there were no reports of Maker visiting until the day of the game. I’m not saying Crean didn’t know, but it is odd the media had no idea. 

So the defense tried to introduce this text message from De Sousa’s AAU coach to his guardian.  Looks like Archie and staff are willing to drop the bag... Not a huge surprise considering his family background and instant recruiting success at IU.  I love it — about time IU started recruiting like a blue blood again.  

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article220372245.html

C428B909-07D1-4711-BDCA-4D1A3C45EB47.jpeg

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

So the defense tried to introduce this text message from De Sousa’s AAU coach to his guardian.  Looks like Archie and staff are willing to drop the bag... Not a huge surprise considering his family background and instant recruiting success at IU.  I love it — about time IU started recruiting like a blue blood again.  

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article220372245.html

C428B909-07D1-4711-BDCA-4D1A3C45EB47.jpeg

I hope their is a good explanation for that but if meant anything then Ostrom should be fired.  I never want IU to ever recruit like this and if that is what it takes be elite then I don't want to be elite.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hope their is a good explanation for that but if meant anything then Ostrom should be fired.  I never want IU to ever recruit like this and if that is what it takes be elite then I don't want to be elite.

This staff’s not going anywhere anytime soon, so have fun finding a “clean” team to root for!  I bet you I’ll have more fun watching the 5 stars in Bloomington compete for championships.

Archived