FBI wiretaps show Sean Miller discussing $100k payments.

milehiiu

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I can go for as many rounds as you want. Bo wanted Diamond Stone. You think he was in the game that late with him not being willing to play it? Numerous examples of Bo...for some reason he gets a pass. We are mentioned in one meaningless statement and we want to blow up the program. Some of you guys......

I am just saying if it comes out that we did cheat the yes people need to be fired.  If nothing comes from this which I really hope then we can move on.  What makes me upset is how many of this fan base doesn't care if we cheat to win.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am just saying if it comes out that we did cheat the yes people need to be fired.  If nothing comes from this which I really hope then we can move on.  What makes me upset is how many of this fan base doesn't care if we cheat to win.

A lot of the fan base - myself included - is tired of people having their feathers ruffled from stuff so minor yet people make a mountain out of it to the point of wanting to gut our coaching staff (one that is finally good), when so many other schools stick by their coaches who have ACTUALLY done things and it is not heresay. Kansas, Miami, Duke, ASU, hell even UK have all been mentioned at one point or another. Let’s not forget that Bam Abedayo was offered benefits to go to NSCU, but instead he chose UK? Hmmmm. Similar to Zion and Duke. 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not with fans like you but it use to be that way and I will never apologize for wanting IU to stay clean.  You really think RMK would go out of his way to rip Lou Henson or John Wooden or UM about them cheating if he thought IU had cheated through those years.  He would have stayed quit if he knew IU was cheating because he would not want people to bring out what IU were doing/

Have you heard anything K, Cal, Roy, Izzo, Pitino, etc., have said about this scandal?  All those guys have cheated, and none of them has stayed quiet.  As a group, college basketball coaches are overwhelmingly narcissistic scumbags — Knight one of the biggest of them all.  They’re not worried about looking like hypocrites because they (mostly rightly) think they’re above it all.

And from your last post, it seems like you’re just fine with cheating as long as we don’t get caught.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not with fans like you but it use to be that way and I will never apologize for wanting IU to stay clean.  You really think RMK would go out of his way to rip Lou Henson or John Wooden or UM about them cheating if he thought IU had cheated through those years.  He would have stayed quit if he knew IU was cheating because he would not want people to bring out what IU were doing/

Here's the best thing about Knight. He shielded IU from cheating for 30 years. He could call those other programs out every single day because he knew and they knew he was clean. Used to tick the others off so much because they were cheating and still couldn't beat them. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

On another note: I just searched Tom Ostrom on twitter and literally his name was only mentioned 3 times in the whole twitterverse (millions of people) and they were casual fans. This is a non story. We are - myself included - are the only people talking about this. 

Dakich wanted a rise and he got it.  Amazing how gullible some are to his BS.  This is an absolute non-story.  We’re finally recruiting like an elite program.  Just playing the game you have to play.

On another note, Scott your persistent quest for righteousness and purity wears me out- you seem fun.

51 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I've read through the volumes of posts. Scott I admire your effort to stand up for what you believe is right...as someone somewhat new to the business world, there has definitely been a depressing learning curve to understand some business people's intentions are not always ethical. 

As for does IU cheat or not? I honestly don't put a lot of moral blame in the universities, coaches, etc. It's been mentioned a couple times, but the people you should direct your anger to lies solely with the NCAA. There are actionable steps they could easily take to mitigate some of these problems but they don't seem to care. The governing body that is setting up these rules is corrupt for one reason or another and thus why I don't get bent out of shape if these "rules" are broken.

Now if the NCAA ever becomes a respectable entity again, then my tune changes. But for now, I can only assign blame to the NCAA for these unaddressed issues.

IU Scott is a very passionate fan, and though I don't always have the same conclusion as he, I like that he shares it.  As long as he, or anybody, doesn't attack people personally, I do not tire of reading his views.  If I don't like what I read, I can always get off my laptop and go back to my workshop and continue making my guitar. 

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

My question to everyone is do you care if IU bends or even break the rules if it means us winning.  Everyone knows my views on this but was wondering what others thinks.

Ethically, I don't have a problem with players being paid. I have a problem with NCAA's rules on payment of players. We could get deep into this argument, so I'll be brief. Relevant athletes generate BIG money, and those athletes are disproportionately compensated (and I am accounting for scholarship, exposure, coaching, etc). The rules are created and held in place so the NCAA can keep their tax-exempt status, not because they believe in the romantic idea of the Student-Athlete. 

What I want, as a fan, is a team with players who represent my university well and compete for championships. Players like Vic and Cody prove you can still make those two things happen. My problem with schools like UK, UNC, Kansas, etc., isn't that they "broke" the rules. How they "broke" the rules is what bugs me. They've shown that winning is the only thing that matters and that the "student" aspect only matters in terms of eligibility. 

I'm okay with IU paying a player like Vic or Cody. I'm not okay with IU recruiting/allowing criminals on the team or creating bs classes specifically made to increase athletes GPA. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier987 said:

On another note: I just searched Tom Ostrom on twitter and literally his name was only mentioned 3 times in the whole twitterverse (millions of people) and they were casual fans. This is a non story. We are - myself included - are the only people talking about this. 

Bingo. No one is talking about it. It's non issue.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

You don't think Bo Ryan was gray? Haha...he had an open relationship with another woman (besides his wife) for years in public. Didn't care. I can assure you Bo skirted the rules.

Piggybacking off this to show that I think the sleaziness associated with rule-breaking is what most of our fanbase wants to stay clear of. Paying players technically breaks the rules, but it doesn't necessarily mean a coach is immoral or sleazy if it happens. Just means they broke a bs rule that no one is following anyway.

On 10/11/2018 at 5:36 PM, bluegrassIU said:

As much as this is a negative topic, I have to say I am totally enthralled reading the passionate and respectful back and forth.

Thanks guys, this really is good reading and thought out positions.

This is probably because I haven't been participating in this one. 

Archived