FBI wiretaps show Sean Miller discussing $100k payments.

milehiiu

I find it interesting that we had the AAU program directors son on the team but still couldn’t get into the recruitment of De Sousa. As far as I know we never had him on campus, never made a visit, etc. 

That leads me to believe IU wasn’t willing to do ‘anything’. You’d think with Lakso’s kid on the team and an apparent willingness to ‘play the game’, IU could at least get a visit. I making some assumptions, but seems nothing to see here. 

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I find it interesting that we had the AAU program directors son on the team but still couldn’t get into the recruitment of De Sousa. As far as I know we never had him on campus, never made a visit, etc. 

That leads me to believe IU wasn’t willing to do ‘anything’. You’d think with Lakso’s kid on the team and an apparent willingness to ‘play the game’, IU could at least get a visit. I making some assumptions, but seems nothing to see here. 

What im thinking is, IU went in unaware of what it would take and when they found out they noped out.  

I don't want my favorite school to cheat to win either.  Was Archie cheating at Dayton? I have my doubts.  Did he decide he needed to cheat at IU?  I sure hope not.  Lots of crazy allegations here...Archie is dirty because he got Romeo? That sounds like a coach who's team got beat by New Albany, frankly.

While I can't say for sure if the staff has stayed clean, the single most important piece of evidence here as far as I am concerned is that I see no evidence IU was a player for DeSousa.  Maybe the interest stopped when they realized his hand was out.  No reason to jump to conclusions at this stage in the game, but if it does come out that the program is dirty, I'll probably tune out college ball and stick to MMA and the WPT.

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yes much like the merry band of Crean lovers who were until 2 years ago all over this board.

Nothing wrong with supporting the current coach.  Do I wish CTC were still here?  Does it matter?  You seem to bring him up in the majority of your posts.  Why?  To what end?  I get it, you don't like him or his former supporters.  But to put Alford his supporters and CTC and his supporters in the same sentence....  

For the record, I am glad CAM is here, and I will continue to support our current coach.

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's the best thing about Knight. He shielded IU from cheating for 30 years. He could call those other programs out every single day because he knew and they knew he was clean. Used to tick the others off so much because they were cheating and still couldn't beat them. 

I heard knight say many times that if a recruit also had UK and UM as finalist with IU, knight would pull the offer or tell the kid he thought those places were better for him because he knew they were cheating. I obviously was not there to witness everything but call it what you want but Knight did nit cheat. 

36 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I heard knight say many times that if a recruit also had UK and UM as finalist with IU, knight would pull the offer or tell the kid he thought those places were better for him because he knew they were cheating. I obviously was not there to witness everything but call it what you want but Knight did nit cheat. 

Don't forget Knight's lack of respect for the "Wizard of Westwood".....John R. Wooden. The former Martinsville great, PU grad and UCLA coach. Knight was never afraid to say his mind. He said many time throughout his career at IU and after, that Wooden was one of the biggest college basketball CHEATERS there ever was, when it came to recruiting players to UCLA.

10 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Don't forget Knight's lack of respect for the "Wizard of Westwood".....John R. Wooden. The former Martinsville great, PU grad and UCLA coach. Knight was never afraid to say his mind. He said many time throughout his career at IU and after, that Wooden was one of the biggest college basketball CHEATERS there ever was, when it came to recruiting players to UCLA.

Exactly.  There is a huge difference with Knight calling out cheating coaches and what the current dirty coaches are saying to try and save face. Some of you know but not all. Look at the teams Knight built without cheating imagine if he were doing what others did. I know of several recruits that we could of had that went other places to get paid. I never have nor will i ever consider Wooden one of the greats. I may not have double digits titlea but give me the best players Sam Gilbert could buy and even a hack like myself has a handful of titles

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Exactly.  There is a huge difference with Knight calling out cheating coaches and what the current dirty coaches are saying to try and save face. Some of you know but not all. Look at the teams Knight built without cheating imagine if he were doing what others did. I know of several recruits that we could of had that went other places to get paid. I never have nor will i ever consider Wooden one of the greats. I may not have double digits titlea but give me the best players Sam Gilbert could buy and even a hack like myself has a handful of titles

Notice how I only mentioned Martinsville great and that was it.....

15 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Notice how I only mentioned Martinsville great and that was it.....

Yes sir i saw that. Cant argue with his playing ability and a larger than life person from our state. We are definitely on the same side if the fence on this one and i had 4 college roommates from Martinsville and they thought Wooden walked on water because of how theirs parents and grandparents had admiration for him

13 hours ago, hoosier10 said:

Dakich wanted a rise and he got it.  Amazing how gullible some are to his BS.  This is an absolute non-story.  We’re finally recruiting like an elite program.  Just playing the game you have to play.

On another note, Scott your persistent quest for righteousness and purity wears me out- you seem fun.

Just miss when our fan base actually stood for something and cared more than just wins or losses but how you won

22 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

I don't know...The Ostrom text in the sidebar conference looks pretty bad....it has nothing to do with Dakich, Alford, CTC, Knight...it shines directly on the current staff....not saying anyone is guilty but lets stop defltecting...IU is now directly implicated in some way shape or form....hoping its all a lie is not going to make it go away

It's not a text from Ostrom.

18 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

I don't know...The Ostrom text in the sidebar conference looks pretty bad....it has nothing to do with Dakich, Alford, CTC, Knight...it shines directly on the current staff....not saying anyone is guilty but lets stop defltecting...IU is now directly implicated in some way shape or form....hoping its all a lie is not going to make it go away

There’s nothing to see here until/unless more comes out.

IU coaching staff said they want to recruit a player. Then, to our knowledge, never recruited him.

There is a post on Peegs from CoachSS telling a story about the hiring process at IU and Alford and a member of the Indianapolis media. There is information there are still Knight-guys upset about not hiring Alford. Maybe it’s coincidental in the timing of this story, but I don’t think so. 

Correct me if I’m wrong because I could have missed something, but isn’t the so-called “Ostrom text” a text by someone else characterizing what Ostrom said?  If so, calling it an “Ostrom text” is running a bit wild.  It’s still some handler’s text, not Ostrom’s.

Then, it becomes hearsay, which is fundamentally unreliable.  That’s why courts do not admit hearsay statements.   There are a number of hearsay exceptions, where there might be a reason the statement is reliable.  The exceptions do not apply here in my view. 

You might say, “Yeah, Bob, but we aren’t in court.”  I’d say the characterization of Ostrom is still fundamentally unreliable.  It could be the telephone game where the statement is by someone mixed up, or puffery etc.  And as BGleas aptly points out, we didn’t become a serious player for the kid.  So, the facts belie what the text says.  

i will say this, and I’ve said it several times.  This scandal came out at the start of Archie’s tenure.  That’s a monstrous gift to him, because he is fully aware of the ramifications of illegal (NCAA) recruiting.  He is on full notice and is essentially warned up front.  Don’t do it.  I’m a huge fan of Archie, but if he recruits wrongly, I will turn on him like you can’t believe.  And I seriously doubt I will be alone on that.  

30 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

This WASN'T a text from Ostrom. This is a non-story. NOBODY is talking about it but us

10 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

What's wrong with DD? He's always has some sort of bone to pick with us.  You think it goes back to not getting the job?

Here is my take. No bone to pick. Just ratings. He could be the IU homer guy and alienate a big part of his potential audience, or he can play all sides. Support IU at times and bash it at others. I have no doubt he loves the University but here we are talking about Dan today. Many IU fans will listen to see what he has to say. Those for CAM and those not so much.  IU haters will listen hoping to for vad news. At the end of the day mire more listeners will tune it. The 2 options in sports radio is homer guy or controversial guy and he knows which one sells better. Right Rico 😀

15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Here is my take. No bone to pick. Just ratings. He could be the IU homer guy and alienate a big part of his potential audience, or he can play all sides. Support IU at times and bash it at others. I have no doubt he loves the University but here we are talking about Dan today. Many IU fans will listen to see what he has to say. Those for CAM and those not so much.  IU haters will listen hoping to for vad news. At the end of the day mire more listeners will tune it. The 2 options in sports radio is homer guy or controversial guy and he knows which one sells better. Right Rico 😀

I agree with you.  Dan is good at his job and knows the business well.

Archived