FBI wiretaps show Sean Miller discussing $100k payments.

milehiiu

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was told (by someone who I trust the most) that Indiana is in the clear.  They were willing to do what it takes as in, immediate playing time, and a important part of the offense. (That’s the easiest and shortest way to put it.) After initially agreeing to those terms money was asked for by Silvios and that’s when IU backed off and went in a different direction.  The stuff I posted yesterday was from another guy I know that is not as close to the program as the guy who told me the above.  

12 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Will they also play without their current coach? I mean he was just as much involved as De Sousa....I mean come on...told hold one out and not the other seems pretty unfair to the kid. Singling him out as being the only one at fault here. It takes two to tango! At this point you're in for a penny in for a pound...might as well play with both and deny it all because if one is dirty so is the other.

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Was told (by someone who I trust the most) that Indiana is in the clear.  They were willing to do what it takes as in, immediate playing time, and a important part of the offense. (That’s the easiest and shortest way to put it.) After initially agreeing to those terms money was asked for by Silvios and that’s when IU backed off and went in a different direction.  The stuff I posted yesterday was from another guy I know that is not as close to the program as the guy who told me the above.  

Thank you for the input, it is greatly appreciated!  Fingers crossed that is the case as stated by your resource.

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Which is how 95% of people would take it....when a University has no record of getting involved in paying players...and especially when we didn't get involved in this kids recruitment past the first date if you will. I mean why wouldn't the kid's guardian want us involved if he was trying to get competition for his kid and up the bid for him. To me this is the strongest indication yet that we weren't playing the same game as others. I'm not a glass half empty kinda guy...and I don't think many here are....but those that want to look at it that way...more power to them.

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Hmm. Wonder if Zion gets held out 

UK fans would have a block party if that was the case. They think everyone is cheating but themselves...and the only reason they didn't get these kids was because they weren't willing to pay to get them. The hate for Kansas, Duke, Louisville, and UNC down here is almost lunacy.

9 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

That is great news and if true I am glad that our staff did not stoop to that level.

One thing I see in Archie that makes me trust he wont cross the line is confidence. Confident coaches dont always need the best players because they know they can do more with less as long as those players fit the system and fill a role.  I just cant see him jeopardizing his best job and a young career.

22 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

This is what I was saying all along when I posted about it yesterday. 

43 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Good to hear that from you 0708 your words are reassuring.  Really appreciate all the info you and coachss bring. 

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Atta boy IUWINS. We good. This also partly explains why he was never on campus or offered. Archie is all business and fantastic

2 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

It's both sad and annoying to see an IU grad who donned Candy Stripes doesn't give his alma mater the benefit of the doubt when things were not clear. He just had to be the first one to say sh!t about IU. Great job Dan.

Can't put into words how much this bothers me. I can't comprehend it, ratings and business aside. IU comes before that. It's beyond pathetic.

I actually like Dakich, but listen to the first ten minutes of his show today. It was all about him and the attention his show generated. It's always "people he knows" and "people connected to" and "those at ESPN". Never any actual names or facts. He even said today coincidence. He's done a good job of getting the attention he wanted with this story. 

So an assistant asks an AAU coach (allegedly) what could we do to get involved with a player. That player turned out to be dirty.  Then IU didn't recruit said player.  Connect the dots as to why it never happened. 

1 minute ago, Max said:

Can't put into words how much this bothers me. I can't comprehend it, ratings and business aside. IU comes before that. It's beyond pathetic.

To a certain extent I agree but IU does not pay the bills, listeners do and people searching his name and followers etc.  here we are discussing DD on a forum and he is the beneficiary of it all. Like him or not its about business. When he slams IU Purdue and Butler people eat it up and when he does the same to those schools there are IU fans that do the same. I think he is an equal opportunity jerk at times but I would be lying if I said I did not enjoy listening to him. Many times he is spot on with certain things but takes it to a different level to get reactions just like he is now. Its all part of the show. Good rating equal job security. I really dont fault him for it. Most so called real live news stations have more incorrect news and teasers and such than he does

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I will say this, and I’ve said it several times.  This scandal came out at the start of Archie’s tenure.  That’s a monstrous gift to him, because he is fully aware of the ramifications of illegal (NCAA) recruiting.  He is on full notice and is essentially warned up front.  Don’t do it.  I’m a huge fan of Archie, but if he recruits wrongly, I will turn on him like you can’t believe.  And I seriously doubt I will be alone on that.  

Absolutely this.  If he cheats with the kind of warning he had upfront, I'm done with him.  Until then, I'm behind him and his staff 100%.

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yes. It isn't just ratings, started before his little gig, he wanted the IU job. 

I agree. Have you ever lost a job or a girlfriend or whatever and no matter how good the good times were there is still some bitterness there. I dont have a stance either way on DD, but he did a lot of the hard work that had to be done to get a quality coach in here to clean this mess up. He probably does feel a little like the jilted bribe. 

Archived