FBI wiretaps show Sean Miller discussing $100k payments.

milehiiu

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

To a certain extent I agree but IU does not pay the bills, listeners do and people searching his name and followers etc.  here we are discussing DD on a forum and he is the beneficiary of it all. Like him or not its about business. When he slams IU Purdue and Butler people eat it up and when he does the same to those schools there are IU fans that do the same. I think he is an equal opportunity jerk at times but I would be lying if I said I did not enjoy listening to him. Many times he is spot on with certain things but takes it to a different level to get reactions just like he is now. Its all part of the show. Good rating equal job security. I really dont fault him for it. Most so called real live news stations have more incorrect news and teasers and such than he does

I'll take being poor and having no job security over this. I can find happiness elsewhere. It's a sellout move by dakich.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

To a certain extent I agree but IU does not pay the bills, listeners do and people searching his name and followers etc.  here we are discussing DD on a forum and he is the beneficiary of it all. Like him or not its about business. When he slams IU Purdue and Butler people eat it up and when he does the same to those schools there are IU fans that do the same. I think he is an equal opportunity jerk at times but I would be lying if I said I did not enjoy listening to him. Many times he is spot on with certain things but takes it to a different level to get reactions just like he is now. Its all part of the show. Good rating equal job security. I really dont fault him for it. Most so called real live news stations have more incorrect news and teasers and such than he does

I don't mind listening to him if he is doing an interview but when he is just spouting off to himself I can't stand listening to him.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

I credit you for stepping up and saying that.  Agree or disagree (and we've done both), I appreciate your passionate fandom.

I guess we should wait and see what comes of this because we went off of one persons quote yesterday.  Today we are changing out tune on another person saying something so it is probably good to be patient.  I let my emptions on IU basketball get the better of me and sometimes I overreact.  It is the same way after games where people go overboard after a loss and come here and vent.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess we should wait and see what comes of this because we went off of one persons quote yesterday.  Today we are changing out tune on another person saying something so it is probably good to be patient.  I let my emotions on IU basketball get the better of me and sometimes I overreact.  It is the same way after games where people go overboard after a loss and come here and vent.

Exactly.  I've seen it many times...used to be that way myself.  Age and perspective has changed me and made me more patient about things like this.  Probably better for my blood pressure.

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Exactly.  I've seen it many times...used to be that way myself.  Age and perspective has changed me and made me more patient about things like this.  Probably better for my blood pressure.

Actually I use to be a lot worse and actually let the outcome of the games bother me until we played again.  I use to yell at the games a lot worse back when I was younger than I do today.  When I started having kids and my yelling scared the kids it made me realize that the outcome of a game should not effect my mood.  Today I might get upset we lost but I can let it go that night instead of letting it bother me longer.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Of course the goobers at GBI jumped on it quick and labeled IU as cheaters.  I think it's every bit as likely that Swanigan took Nike money to play at Purdue.

I always heard IU wasn't even trying to recruit him because he would go to a Nike school. 

1 minute ago, BeerBQ said:

I always heard IU wasn't even trying to recruit him because he would go to a Nike school. 

Yeah, the oft-repeated rumor was that Crean was told not to waste his time since IU was an Adidas school.  For the record, I don't think Swanigan or his guardian took money, but I think it's just as credible as all the IU rumors those loons latch onto.

1 hour ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

I actually like Dakich, but listen to the first ten minutes of his show today. It was all about him and the attention his show generated. It's always "people he knows" and "people connected to" and "those at ESPN". Never any actual names or facts. He even said today coincidence. He's done a good job of getting the attention he wanted with this story. 

So an assistant asks an AAU coach (allegedly) what could we do to get involved with a player. That player turned out to be dirty.  Then IU didn't recruit said player.  Connect the dots as to why it never happened. 

Every time I seem to catch the show he's talking about something he did with his wife, two different days it was about fishing with her. I can't listen to random non-sports stuff from him or any of these radio guys. Channel changed.

The other thing they all seem to do (and I don't know if it is taught in broadcast journalism or what) is they repeat themselves over and over. I have a change the channel policy if they say the same thing for the 3rd time on that too.

5 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Every time I seem to catch the show he's talking about something he did with his wife, two different days it was about fishing with her. I can't listen to random non-sports stuff from him or any of these radio guys. Channel changed.

I swear to God...I had to go back and read that a second time...I thought you said "fisting".😂😂😂

Average time for people to listen to radio is 24 minutes. So in 3 hour show they unfortunately have to repeat the same things over and over. I like DD when he's calling games.  I'm assuming his ratings are very good which means job stability. Of course not having any local competition in that time slot is a plus. Overall though....I think 1070 needs an overhaul. Nothing against the morning guys or even JMV but it's a network in need of change.

Honestly I find Query and Schultz much better in what they cover....however I'm amazed how out of the loop those 2 are when it comes to IU.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Average time for people to listen to radio is 24 minutes. So in 3 hour show they unfortunately have to repeat the same things over and over. I like DD when he's calling games.  I'm assuming his ratings are very good which means job stability. Of course not having any local competition in that time slot is a plus. Overall though....I think 1070 needs an overhaul. Nothing against the morning guys or even JMV but it's a network in need of change.

Honestly I find Query and Schultz much better in what they cover....however I'm amazed how out of the loop those 2 are when it comes to IU.

The thing about Queery and Schultz is that it is turning into a Purdue show.

Archived