FBI wiretaps show Sean Miller discussing $100k payments.

milehiiu

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Astrosws20 said:

One thing I don't like is that if it's true that nobody is clean then wouldn't the FBI turn to Archie soon? If they nab his brother wouldn't it be natural to immediately assign someone to keep an eye on Archie?

They’re not following any one person.  The only thing they’re following is the money.  The money will take them where they want to go.

Only makes sense to wonder about Archie.  He was Sean’s assistant for three year at Arizona.  And considering it seems like Sean was directly involved in paying players, there’s no way his own brother wouldn’t know what was going on.  Glad Archie started at Dayton, don’t think he had access to many of those types of players to begin with.  And he definitely won’t be recruiting dirty now. 

57 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Only makes sense to wonder about Archie.  He was Sean’s assistant for three year at Arizona.  And considering it seems like Sean was directly involved in paying players, there’s no way his own brother wouldn’t know what was going on.  Glad Archie started at Dayton, don’t think he had access to many of those types of players to begin with.  And he definitely won’t be recruiting dirty now. 

This. I’m hopeful that Archie is clean, but you have to assume he knows his brother well enough to know what’s going on. It’s silly to think otherwise.

Im hopeful that if Archie is clean, that he will remain so now that this is all unfolding.

1 hour ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Yea...some wouldn't like this take but this is the first thing that pops in my brain...Archie would have started to do similar things at IU once up and running...but this incident likely keeps him on the straight and narrow after seeing his brother get burned for it.

For gods sake - Archie is fine.

19 minutes ago, madmax said:

This. I’m hopeful that Archie is clean, but you have to assume he knows his brother well enough to know what’s going on. It’s silly to think otherwise.

Im hopeful that if Archie is clean, that he will remain so now that this is all unfolding.

For goodness sakes - he’s clean

32 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

For goodness sakes - he’s clean

I’m not accusing him of being dirty, but do you really know? Do any of us?

Here is what we do know:

1. College basketball is clearly filled with dirty, cheating, coaches who have been paying for players to come to their programs.

2. One of the above mentioned dirty, cheating, coaches is Sean Miller.

3. Sean Miller is our current head coaches big brother. Archie was an assistant under Sean for several years which means that Archie recruited for and with Sean, who is now exposed as a cheater. They are also family so it's reasonable to assume that Archie probably had a good idea of what was going on.

Now, I'm not accusing Archie of anything or saying that he has cheated in the past. There is obviously no evidence of Archie doing anything illicit... but I don't think it's unreasonable to be concerned.

3 hours ago, madmax said:

I’m not accusing him of being dirty, but do you really know? Do any of us?

Here is what we do know:

1. College basketball is clearly filled with dirty, cheating, coaches who have been paying for players to come to their programs.

2. One of the above mentioned dirty, cheating, coaches is Sean Miller.

3. Sean Miller is our current head coaches big brother. Archie was an assistant under Sean for several years which means that Archie recruited for and with Sean, who is now exposed as a cheater. They are also family so it's reasonable to assume that Archie probably had a good idea of what was going on.

Now, I'm not accusing Archie of anything or saying that he has cheated in the past. There is obviously no evidence of Archie doing anything illicit... but I don't think it's unreasonable to be concerned.

You’re right - we’re not a 100% sure. Im also tired of some of our self righteous fans. Nobody is clean in this mess - Crean wasn’t good and yet his staff still played dirty (or at least appeared)

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

The question here is what rules do the NCAA change so that Duke, UNC, UK, KU, Mich,ST and Zona don't get put on probation at the same time and miss the Cash cow tournament. Can you see March being played with none of those teams? The NCAA wont let that happen.

If evidence to the same degree as Arizona drops for those other schools in the next week then possibly. Right now the evidence against the other schools is crumbs and they are playing dumb. I don’t think there’s  enough time for all this to be proven anyway. So the NCAA is in a tricky position. if these schools aren’t in the tournament it will because they pulled themselves out  (like I think AZ may do). 

7 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

They’re not following any one person.  The only thing they’re following is the money.  The money will take them where they want to go.

For those of us that loved the show The Wire. This phrase is pure Lester Freamon. Follow the $ and see where it leads.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For those of us that loved the show The Wire. This phrase is pure Lester Freamon. Follow the $ and see where it leads.

well shiiiiiiiiiiiii*. I’m guilty of being one of those pricks who will look at people with disgust if they claim to like good tv series and haven’t seen The Wire. I’m admittedly a little to judgemental about this. 

23 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

If evidence to the same degree as Arizona drops for those other schools in the next week then possibly. Right now the evidence against the other schools is crumbs and they are playing dumb. I don’t think there’s  enough time for all this to be proven anyway. So the NCAA is in a tricky position. if these schools aren’t in the tournament it will because they pulled themselves out  (like I think AZ may do). 

The Ncaa will sit on their hands until after the tournament.   They don't have the staff to investigate and time to get anything done.  Plus they have never done any investigation quickly... just look at the UNC fiasco.   But if I'm a school that is on the list and it's obvious a major violation took place(not just a kid getting a meal) then I'm self imposing and sitting out the tourney.   React early and your school could be back on top much quicker.  But at the same time a school like MSU that is going to be a favorite really might as well try and win it.  Sure there's a chance it'll be vacated but if you hire the UNC lawyers you just might keep it.

Go Hoosiers!!!

7 hours ago, madmax said:

Do you have any siblings?  Do/did you know every little thing they were doing?  Of course not.  You’re pretty much saying he’s guilty by association.

Archived