Robert Johnson

Robert Johnson has his flaws and he’s probably better in a sort of supporting role, but IU is going to miss him big time next year. He probably won’t make it, but it will be absolute crime if he doesn’t make all-defensive Big Ten team. He was absolutely fantastic defensively this season. 

20 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Robert Johnson has his flaws and he’s probably better in a sort of supporting role, but IU is going to miss him big time next year. He probably won’t make it, but it will be absolute crime if he doesn’t make all-defensive Big Ten team. He was absolutely fantastic defensively this season. 

He's going to have to overcome the Dakota Mathias hype train to get that. (I don't get it either.)

24 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

I just watched Robert Johnson's senior speech, and shame on those of you who suggested he had checked out, quit on his team, or simply didn't care.

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Couldn't agree more with both of you! In my opinion, Rojo has taken an unfair amount of criticism this year from many of the posters here.  Newkirk, McSwain, and even Hartman have likewise been been shown little to no respect.  As I look back on this year, we have several more losses without these players.  We seem to forget that this team is a patchwork quilt with players having to play positions they simply weren't equipped to handle in many cases.  I think this team, unlike last years team full of 5* players, has OVERACHIEVED.  CAM molded them into a unit that is now competing with the best teams despite their flaws.  I prefer to extend my APPRECIATION to all the seniors for suiting up in the Candy Stripes and proving to the world they could become a tough and tenacious team despite their flaws.  Thank you  Seniors!  I hope they do well in the BTT and get an NIT bid. I would rarther watch this years group than last years group of UNDERACHIEVERS any day!

21 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I agree! CAM had him guard the most challenging player from the opposing team many times. I really felt for him last night especially watching his senior night speech. He definitely gave his all and I really hope that there is one more run in him and the rest of the guys!!

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

I totally agree! I’ve gotten mocked a few times when talking about the great D ROJO has played, while not playing great on offense. I still think some of his offensive struggles have been from the focus on D this year! 

I for one will miss Rob next season!

10 hours ago, Muddy River said:

I just watched Robert Johnson's senior speech, and shame on those of you who suggested he had checked out, quit on his team, or simply didn't care.

Agree all day. Coach said as much as well all week long. But with message boards...you have to just laugh at some of the theories put out there and move along.

I was very impressed with all the young men who spoke. Although some of them did not have the best year they are quality young men. I was critical of Johnson and Newkirk for their play throughout the year and for that I apologize. I would rather have these young men playing for Indiana than some of the other so called stars who are on the take. Coach Crean should be given credit for bringing in high character young men. Best of luck to all of the seniors and thank you for your dedication and commitment to Indiana basketball.  

Archived