B1G Tournament Discussion

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only person who thinks we can give Purdue trouble?  If Green can get it going in our first game and come in with momentum, I actually really like how we match up to Purdue.  I think Green/Rojo can give Thompson as big of a challenge as he has had all year and the emergence of Smith recently could be a big difference maker. 

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Am I the only person who thinks we can give Purdue trouble?  If Green can get it going in our first game and come in with momentum, I actually really like how we match up to Purdue.  I think Green/Rojo can give Thompson as big of a challenge as he has had all year and the emergence of Smith recently could be a big difference maker. 

I think it depends. If Purdue shot like they did in Bloomington, I think it will be a close game. If they shoot it like they have the last few games, I think Purdue wins comfortably. If Green/Rojo are on PJ, who’s going to guard Carsen? Carsen only scored 10 against you last time and I don’t expect that again. Vince has to be back to his normal self though. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think it depends. If Purdue shot like they did in Bloomington, I think it will be a close game. If they shoot it like they have the last few games, I think Purdue wins comfortably. If Green/Rojo are on PJ, who’s going to guard Carsen? Carsen only scored 10 against you last time and I don’t expect that again. Vince has to be back to his normal self though. 

You mean if Purdue shoots like they did against good defenses (which IU has) it'll be a good game, but if somehow IU ends up playing like a terrible basketball team Purdue wins big?  

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

You mean if Purdue shoots like they did against good defenses (which IU has) it'll be a good game, but if somehow IU ends up playing like a terrible basketball team Purdue wins big?  

Purdue shot 40% from 3 against OSU who is 14 in kenpom D, shot 55% from 3 the second time against Michigan who is 12 in kenpom D, and 57% from 3 against Michigan the first time we played them. Both of those teams are rated significantly higher than IU on defense and Purdue torched them. It’s not like they only hit 3’s against bad teams. 

23 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue shot 40% from 3 against OSU who is 14 in kenpom D, shot 55% from 3 the second time against Michigan who is 12 in kenpom D, and 57% from 3 against Michigan the first time we played them. Both of those teams are rated significantly higher than IU on defense and Purdue torched them. It’s not like they only hit 3’s against bad teams. 

None of those teams play defense as good as IU does right now.  Season numbers are great, but current numbers are better.  Right now IU's defense is only behind MSU in the conference.  

And not to be that guy, but you played Michigan twice before you played us.  You know, before Archie showed the world how easy it is to outcoach Matt Painter?  So you're only true reputable is you shot 40% (which is below your average) against OSU.  Big freakin deal. 

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

None of those teams play defense as good as IU does right now.  Season numbers are great, but current numbers are better.  Right now IU's defense is only behind MSU in the conference.  

And not to be that guy, but you played Michigan twice before you played us.  You know, before Archie showed the world how easy it is to outcoach Matt Painter?  So you're only true reputable is you shot 40% (which is below your average) against OSU.  Big freakin deal. 

You’re entitled to your opinion. I think Purdue would relish the chance at a rematch against IU. I think most Purdue fans preferred that over playing PSU. Who is going to have the task of guarding Carsen?

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

You’re entitled to your opinion. I think Purdue would relish the chance at a rematch against IU. I think most Purdue fans preferred that over playing PSU. Who is going to have the task of guarding Carsen?

Hopefully Robert Johnson.  You guys are obviously the better team than us, but talking about your advantage in terms of our defense versus other team makes you sound stupid  Our defense is playing as good as almost anyone in the country right now and has been for a long time.  

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Hopefully Robert Johnson.  You guys are obviously the better team than us, but talking about your advantage in terms of our defense versus other team makes you sound stupid  Our defense is playing as good as almost anyone in the country right now and has been for a long time.  

Where are these currents stats you’re referring to? 

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lol. If you fear Iowa more than Purdue I’m not sure what else I can say. That’s hysterical. 

I can't wait to shut you cocky jack-wagons up.  It's coming and the sooner the better.  You're feeling cocky today, but seriously...you played Minnesota at home on senior day.

Archived