B1G Tournament Discussion

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

They kind of scare me. I hope we come out with the right attitude and intensity.

I never in my wildest dreams would’ve imagined that we’d ever be “kind of scared” of the Rutgers Scarlet Knights. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Surely Arch has the boys in the right mindset.

4 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

In news that will make mile happy, the Illini are the first team eliminated from the tournament. 

Next up, our scout game, Minnesota versus the home town favorites, Rutger!

Well..... at least the Illini women's team won their first game in the women's BTT.

What.... they lost as well ?

Illinois Athletics - 2017-18 Women's Basketball Schedule

Well ,then.... I heard the Fighing Illini had a perfect conference record.... this past season in football.

What's that you say.  Yes... they were perfect in conference play ?  Oh wait.... they lost every conference game.... you say ?   Yeesh.

Illinois Fighting Illini Schedule 

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Well..... at least the Illini women's team won their first game in the women's BTT.

What.... they lost as well ?

Illinois Athletics - 2017-18 Women's Basketball Schedule

Well ,then.... I heard the Fighing Illini had a perfect conference record.... this past season in football.

What's that you say.  Yes... they were perfect in conference play ?  Oh wait.... they lost every conference game.... you say ?   Yeesh.

Illinois Fighting Illini Schedule 

At least they're consistent.

16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Technically, the men's team has 10 days to practice till selection Sunday.  Question is.... should Underwood stay home to practice.... or get on the road to reload ? 

I can see Underwood and an assistant, now. "There's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark out, and we're wearing sunglasses... HIT IT! 

8 hours ago, jefftheref said:

We are 12-20 all time in the Big 10 Tourney with one championship game appearance. We lost to Iowa 63-61 with Recker hitting the game winning shot. 

Actually the year Recker hit that shot was in the semi finals.  The year before was the year we went to the championship game.

Underwood is adding that Ayo kid next year but nothing of substance otherwise. More than likely it's going to be 2020 before they go dancing again. I didn't watch the game closely last night. Anyone notice 41 free throws for Iowa compared to 12 for Illinois? Wow...

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Underwood is adding that Ayo kid next year but nothing of substance otherwise. More than likely it's going to be 2020 before they go dancing again. I didn't watch the game closely last night. Anyone notice 41 free throws for Iowa compared to 12 for Illinois? Wow...

Saw that.  If that were the first time that kind of stat happened to Illinois... then I would, as an Illinois fan be hollering.  However.... many of Illinois's games were that way this season.  Underwood deploys a smothering defense, which leads to a ton of fouls.

There is one school the Illini fans hate the most.... more than Indiana, in fact.  And that school is Iowa.  The Illini fans have yet to get over Bruce Pearl, turning them in to the NCAA, with a taped recording of a player being offered a Chevy Blazer if he came to Illinois.  See.... the Miller thing in AZ is not something new.  Been going on for years.  And just like today.... the NCAA could not turn up enough evidence to convict on those charges.... but was able to find enough dirt on Illinois, to extend a suspension that was already in place. 

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I'm sure all the Rutgers fans in the NYC market will turn out in droves tonight.  We should be facing a very hostile crowd.  I mean that huge following they have is why we put them in the B1G, right?  

After the game last night in his on-court interview their coach said "Rutgers Nation is the best!"

30 minutes ago, BGleas said:

After the game last night in his on-court interview their coach said "Rutgers Nation is the best!"

I guess he's right, in a Yoda sorta way...

U.S. News & World Report: Top 50, Best Graduate Schools
# 1 in the nation, History–African-American
# 1 in the nation, School Library Media
# 1 in the nation, Women's History

Archived