B1G Tournament Discussion

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something to keep in mind as we evaluate Archie, I see a lot of praise on message board of Beilein and Tony Bennett, and also comparisons of Archie to his brother, Sean (pre scandal). Those 3 coaches were a combined 41-63 in their first season at their current schools. Both Beilein and Bennett had losing records, with Beilein losing 22 games. 

I don’t mean this to be negative on them, they’re clearly all really good coaches, just saying I saw a lot of really promising thing from Archie this season, and I think IU is in good hands. The record this year, while disappointing is pretty irrelevant. 

Just to add to the above, Beilein was 46-53 including two losing seasons his first 3 years at Michigan. Again, not to knock him as he’s a really, really good coach, just saying these things take time and I think, with some patience, IU is in great hands. 

41 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just to add to the above, Beilein was 46-53 including two losing seasons his first 3 years at Michigan. Again, not to knock him as he’s a really, really good coach, just saying these things take time and I think, with some patience, IU is in great hands. 

I know CAM has the seal of approval from RMK, just sayin'.........

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

Something to keep in mind as we evaluate Archie, I see a lot of praise on message board of Beilein and Tony Bennett, and also comparisons of Archie to his brother, Sean (pre scandal). Those 3 coaches were a combined 41-63 in their first season at their current schools. Both Beilein and Bennett had losing records, with Beilein losing 22 games. 

I don’t mean this to be negative on them, they’re clearly all really good coaches, just saying I saw a lot of really promising thing from Archie this season, and I think IU is in good hands. The record this year, while disappointing is pretty irrelevant. 

The voice of reason!  Thanks B, glad I'm not the only one who sees this as well.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Since public transit doesn't run on Sundays...

HAHAHA to the PEEYEW SMELLERMAKERS!!!  OVER-RATED VBG!!!

You forgot...LMAO

4 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

You forgot...LMAO

As well as "TOP OF THE WORLD, MA!!!!!"

Glad Michigan won. Purdue only had to beat Rutgers and Penn State to reach the final game, that was a joke. Also glad we won't have to hear any Purdue fans calling themselves Big Ten champions.

Archived