What happened to Nebraska's Jack McVeigh?

eddy4iu

What happened to Nebraska? Wasn't it over the this past offseason or the offseason before that a number of players transferred out for some reason or another. I thought they were going to really struggle and now they are better than they were. Did they purge some bad fruit or what? I would enjoy knowing as I haven't followed their team much at all. 

52 minutes ago, madmax said:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/barfknecht-jack-mcveigh-adjusts-to-life-on-the-bench-for/article_e61ac0b3-30b2-5c00-8ae9-28635192fa54.html

They lost some players but they also got two really good transfers that have been essential to their success this year.

Thanks. Amazing how they retooled that fast....Nebraska!

4 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Well it worked for Iowa State. It does seem about the only way to get good basketball players in to a place like Nebraska. Same as Iowa State. The only way for them to be competitive is to bring in talent through transfers because recruiting is scarce to say the least. 

Some years it’ll work, others it won’t. But the ceiling with this model isn’t that high and success isn’t sustainable year in and out. Not a long term recipe for success.

Yeah it kind of is but for a place like Nebraska as long as you make the NCAA tournament and occasionally get into the top 25 for them cause of where they were that would be a success and Tim Miles would look like their saviour from relegated bottom feeding. Not saying that is ok for a place like IU and not even agreeing that it is a good solution but for Nebraska which in the basketball world has been relegated to basketball irrelevancy that would do the trick for Miles to keep his job. 

Those "Bench players' for the cornshuckers  , well;; I feel sorry for them !! Their shenanigans on the sidelines is something I would expect from a THIRD GRADER in ELEMENTARY SCHOOL or some escapees from  a psycho ward !! I'm sorry , that b.s. just does not belong in College basketball !! I blame Nebraska's jerk head coach for allowing them to act so childish !!  I've never had any RESPECT for Tim Miles after the comments he made about IU's team during Tom Crean's FIRST season as Head Coach at IU !!! I think Tim Miles is a TOTAL JERK and so are his BENCH players for their childish actions on the sidelines !! You know   what has always been said ,  "  A  team reflects their Head Coach !! WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT Tim Miles ?????

^^^ I actually have a lot of respect for Tim Miles.  He kind of had a Tom Crean experience when he first took over as HC at Colorado State in 2007.... having only two players from the previous year's squad.  And the results were much like Tom Crean's first year.

Gradually, Miles was able to do more with less.  Yearly beating ranked teams.  Much like Tom Crean.

And eventually was able to win 20 games in a season, and secure a birth in the NCAAT( something unheard of in Fort Collins) before being hired by Nebraska.

Archived