I'm in need of a new show -- what's good?

39 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I'm finishing a rewatch of The Wire.  I need a good, compelling drama with a bit of a strict (e.g. episode-to-episode) storyline.  I like thrillers.

I like a more Breaking Bad (clear storyline) than Mad Men (character driven), even though both were fantastic.  

Just so you understand where I come from. The Wire, Thrones, and Breaking Bad are my 3 favorite of all time. Some others I've stumbled into lately that aren't on same level (none ever will be) but are pretty good. True Detective Season 1 or 2....The Killing I thought was good. Broadchurch was decent. I've heard good things about Ozark but library doesn't have it yet. 

Edit-Should have mentioned Homeland (love government drama type shows). Another series is The Affair. 

10 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Love GOT. Sad that I have to wait so long for more. 

I am half way through Homeland S2 and just can't keep with it. 

My wife was not happy when she found out Game of Thrones was not coming back on until 2019...(I think they said it will return April 2019). The last season will fly by too since it will be 6 episodes.

I have always enjoyed "Veep", which runs on HBO.   I don't have HBO, however my cable company annually runs a free week of HBO.... and that's when I binge watch.  Going into it's seventh and final season later in 2018.  It is one show, that you really have to watch from the beginning, IMHO.... in order to catch some of the humor in later shows that is based on earlier episodes. 

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I have always enjoyed "Veep", which runs on HBO.   I don't have HBO, however my cable company annually runs a free week of HBO.... and that's when I binge watch.  Going into it's seventh and final season later in 2018.  It is one show, that you really have to watch from the beginning, IMHO.... in order to catch some of the humor in later shows that is based on earlier episodes. 

I'm watching Veep on and off I'm on the last season before the new one comes out.

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Blue Bloods is a solid police drama. Not too formulaic and has a good balance of family and detective storylines. Focus is on NYPD.  Mixes in current events in some episodes. Fairly apolitical which I like. 

Love Blue Bloods.  

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I liked Making a Murderer for a short, 1 season show.  I've researched a lot into that one and it is kind of fun because new info is still coming out.  Hopefully season 2 comes out this year.

I am like you.  Watched it. And enjoyed it.  Certainly was from a perspective.  However, I have wondered how badly the local small time police force really framed him at first. Guy did his time. Yet seemed they kept coming after him 

Archived