THE BRIGHT SIDE

*Morgan will be back. Until we have a post he will never flourish, and at this point it looks like Davis is his only way out of trying to make a living in the paint. 

*We finished the season with the best FT shooting of the year.

*The TO's were down this year.

*We start the off season with a clue of what defense should look like.

The down side is we still don't have a true big, or any depth.

The PG position is still going to be in limbo. Next year we have Green, Al, and RP. 

To sum it up, we are still 2 years away from competing for anything worth talking about. CTC was here about 4 years too many.

None of us are getting younger and I pray that CAM will return us to the promised land.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i still say if everything comes together... Morgan stays, we get Romeo, Davis puts it together and reaches his potential, Smith, Green, and Durham make major progress, and Phinessee comes in ready to play, we could be very very good next year.  that sure is a lot of things that have to happen though.

4 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

are we definitely not getting in the NIT?  i would love to see Archie get another game or two this season.

Highly doubtful, we have zero quality wins, ND  was at the time, but not now.  We lost to ISU, IPFW, UI, RUTGERS.  Archie had already said they will not play in CBI 

6 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Highly doubtful, we have zero quality wins, ND  was at the time, but not now.  We lost to ISU, IPFW, UI, RUTGERS.  Archie had already said they will not play in CBI 

I don't get the whole CBI attitude.

If you look like a duck....and walk like a duck.....you can always dream of being a swan, but you might as well embrace being a duck until that changes.

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If you look like a duck....and walk like a duck.....you can always dream of being a swan, but you might as well embrace being a duck until that changes.

I wasn't real pleased when we turned down the CBI a few years ago.   The extra games  offer experience that you just can't get in practice scrimmages.  And yea the high and mighty "We don't play in these" attitude really rubs me the wrong way.   

But with that said I really could careless if we accept a CBI bid or not.   I'm just over this year and the quicker we move on the better.  And if we do accept a bid I'm pretty sure I'll skip watching.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

15 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

I wasn't real pleased when we turned down the CBI a few years ago.   The extra games  offer experience that you just can't get in practice scrimmages.  And yea the high and mighty "We don't play in these" attitude really rubs me the wrong way.   

But with that said I really could careless if we accept a CBI bid or not.   I'm just over this year and the quicker we move on the better.  And if we do accept a bid I'm pretty sure I'll skip watching.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

CBI wouldn't help us much.  RJ,  Hartman and Freddie are gone.  An extra game or two won't do anything for next season.  I hope to see Archie in Seymour tomorrow night for what could be one the biggest show downs Indiana HS basketball has seen in a long, long time.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah, I don't get it either.

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

are we definitely not getting in the NIT?  i would love to see Archie get another game or two this season.

Did you watch Archie's postgame press conference? It was almost like he was lobbying the NIT not to invite them. 

2 hours ago, dyedinthewool said:

I would much rather see CAM hit the road and do some serious cruitin'. Go so RL some love in the tourney. Work on that 19 class a bit.

We'll learn a lot about the Langford recruitment in the next week or two. No reason Archie shouldn't be at some games. 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

IU should never play in the CBI. Storied programs do not play in the CBI. We are down, we are rebuilding, but we are not crap. No, you do not play in the CBI.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I don't think Green will ever be a player we can count on for consistency.  If Phinesee does not win the PG job right away, next season will be a long one as well.

I'm not giving DG a pass by any means, but in fairness his Frosh season was wasted as far as development goes. There was no Frosh to Soph bump at all. CAM toned down his streetball mentality as the year wore on. He has great floor vision, and an above average shot.perhaps the jump will take place next season. I think when the light comes on he will be a big part of what we are trying to do. The big question is, does he fit into CAM's future plans?

46 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

IU should never play in the CBI. Storied programs do not play in the CBI. We are down, we are rebuilding, but we are not crap. No, you do not play in the CBI.

So you are saying we are too 'good' to try and get better.

The Bright Side is Newkirk is gone.  Green should never ever run a team at point.  Hopefully the new guys can shoot the rock from 3 because we couldn't hit a 3 to save our life.  How can a team from Indiana not be able to shoot?  I am excited for next year.

Looking at prior years CBI invites, it does seem as though there have not really been many (if any) "storied" programs... even though that's very subjective.

Both Purdue and Texas played in the 2013 tournament but that's about as close as I could find.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Did you watch Archie's postgame press conference? It was almost like he was lobbying the NIT not to invite them. 

I didn't see the postgame press conference, but I understand how Archie feels.  It's just kind of time to close the book on this team and go on to next year.  I think they can get more accomplished in practice than playing more games.

Archived