Transfers you wish never left.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/4/2018 at 4:05 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

As I recall, Knight wanted to redshirt him, and Rob wanted no part of that.  You’d think they could have worked something out.  

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/02/09/sports/college-basketball-rutgers-s-hodgson-plays-like-a-coach-s-dream.html

At the bottom of the article. Like you said, Knight wanted him to redshirt, and he felt like Knight had promised him no redshirt when he was recruited.

21 hours ago, milehiiu said:

For years, I was told that the couple had broken up prior to the accident.  Which, by the way happened in Colorado.

This story out of Chicago from a few years ago confirmed what I was being told.... that Kelly and Luke had already broken up before the accident.

16 years after devastating accident, a story of love, courage

But you are correct about the IU part. 

If you read the story, they were together during the crash and broke up afterwards and then were together talking about the crash or something.  He is still a POS in my mind and will always be a traitor and s***bag. 

4 hours ago, Cutter said:

Yes the Oolitic gym played there on some Sundays myself. Played at the other 6 county gyms as well when in school and later in industrial league and 6 foot and under.

Question popped into my mind, on your previous post.  Have you ever cut any stone, that you know went into a building at IU ?  The Wells Library to be specific.

26 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

If you read the story, they were together during the crash and broke up afterwards and then were together talking about the crash or something.  He is still a POS in my mind and will always be a traitor and shitbag

Well. Let me just say, I get a different interpretation from reading the article which goes along with what I had been told.  From the story :" Months after the crash, she and Luke were on ESPN detailing the accident and the dangers of drunk driving.   The two had broken up months before. "

That goes along with what I was told in that they broke up before the accident, but still remained friends.

Having said that.... I could understand how you would interpret that sentence as.... they broke up months before the interview.

It's just that is not what many led me to believe... that they broke up before the accident, and still remained friends, afterwards.

It's all good.  Luke left IU only to eventually wind up at Iowa.  He was constantly booed when playing IU.... but really killed us one game. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Well. Let me just say, I get a different interpretation from reading the article which goes along with what I had been told.  From the story :" Months after the crash, she and Luke were on ESPN detailing the accident and the dangers of drunk driving.   The two had broken up months before. "

That goes along with what I was told in that they broke up before the accident, but still remained friends.

Having said that.... I could understand how you would interpret that sentence as.... they broke up months before the interview.

It's just that is not what many led me to believe... that they broke up before the accident, and still remained friends, afterwards.

It's all good.  Luke left IU only to eventually wind up at Iowa.  He was constantly booed when playing IU.... but really killed us one game. 

image.png.9808feaaaf4f397d16cf1cd858b37504.png

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Question popped into my mind, on your previous post.  Have you ever cut any stone, that you know went into a building at IU ?  The Wells Library to be specific.

My apologies mile for not being clear the bedford high school nickname was the bedford stonecutters. I am a stone cutter and a bedford north lawrence star. Went to both schools my uncle was a sawsmith at one of the local mills he passed back in 93 that's as close as I come to a real stone cutter sorry for the confusion. 

^^^ Yeah.  There were a lot of reports at the time they were boyfriend/girlfriend at the time of the accident.  Kelly was an IU cheerleader.  Just that some people who knew her, told me at the time that they had broken up before the accident, yet they remained friends. 

Just now, Cutter said:

My apologies mile for not being clear the bedford high school nickname was the bedford stonecutters. I am a stone cutter and a bedford north lawrence star. Went to both schools my uncle was a sawsmith at one of the local mills he passed back in 93 that's as close as I come to a real stone cutter sorry for the confusion. 

Hey.... no problem.  Glad to have you as a member on the "Real" Hoosier Sports Nation."

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

^^^ Yeah.  There were a lot of reports at the time they were boyfriend/girlfriend at the time of the accident.  Kelly was an IU cheerleader.  Just that some people who knew her, told me at the time that they had broken up before the accident, yet they remained friends. 

no worries.  i was Indiana State at the time and there were lot of people talking about what happened and how he had treated her. 

Archived