2018 coaching vacancies

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to the duke board to see who they thought would replace Capel and their general opinion. 

Saw some Duke posters really want Stevens to replace K over the next couple years.  I mean that's kind of a no duh scenario of they can pull it  but boy would I be upset if they replaced K with Brad Stevens ha. 

2 hours ago, Jacarcio said:

Went to the duke board to see who they thought would replace Capel and their general opinion. 

Saw some Duke posters really want Stevens to replace K over the next couple years.  I mean that's kind of a no duh scenario of they can pull it  but boy would I be upset if they replaced K with Brad Stevens ha. 

I will say that the next coach at Duke will be  a Duke person because they will let coach K have influence on the next coach.

Anyone else think that Mack taking Louisville could be a sign that they won't be punished too strongly by the NCAA for FBI related stuff? It's speculation on my part, but I don't know why he would take that job if there were likely to be more significant penalties coming, even with the pay raise.

12 minutes ago, Cottage Grove said:

Anyone else think that Mack taking Louisville could be a sign that they won't be punished too strongly by the NCAA for FBI related stuff? It's speculation on my part, but I don't know why he would take that job if there were likely to be more significant penalties coming, even with the pay raise.

I could give you $4 million reasons why.  Nothing would surprise with the NCAA at this point

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I still saying Mike White of Florida will replace Coack K

Seems to fit the bill, but more interesting is when is K actually gonna retire?  White very well might be entrenched at Fla when K does step down.  

1 hour ago, Cottage Grove said:

I have no faith in the NCAA.  I doubt anything happens to Louisville, and I fully expect them to be back to business shortly. 

15 minutes ago, rico said:

Seems to fit the bill, but more interesting is when is K actually gonna retire?  White very well might be entrenched at Fla when K does step down.  

Duke's AD is White's father and I just don't see him hiring his son.  The old saying is that you hire coaches to be fired and if White does not do well it would be hard for a father to fire his son.

1 hour ago, Cottage Grove said:

This is a good question which I've given some thought.  I think others have mentioned that it will be a long time before the NCAA will get a crack at UL because of the Federal prosecutions.  But I still think that UL has to do their "due diligence" on the present scandal.  I mean there's evidence out there that while on probation there one of their coaches participated in the "buying" of a recruit, and this was known to the HC.  Maybe that evidence that isn't good enough or usable by the NCAA, but much of it is public record.  UL just can't sit on their hands, and say "See you later, alligator" to the NCAA.  They also fired another coach (maybe 2) for what were probably recruiting violations.  I think that UL is in real big legal jeopardy with NCAA unless they've done a thorough investigation.  If they have done such an investigation, I don't see how they can't self-penalize themselves and not expect to get hammered by the NCAA later.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Duke's AD is White's father and I just don't see him hiring his son.  The old saying is that you hire coaches to be fired and if White does not do well it would be hard for a father to fire his son.

Excellent point.

It's fun in the office today. We have about an even split of UL/UK fans here, about 40 each. Yes, it's can be torturous. Only 2 IU guys, me and the other normal guy.

Louisville fans: strutting about Mack, saying the NCAA is done punishing them. 'Why else would Mack come? Why else would he being calling Romeo and other recruits' (they named some). We're a top 5 coaching job.

Kentucky fans: 'Mack was best you could get. Why wouldn't he come for a grossly overpaid 2-3 year vacation? His wife said he had to. I thought you said Billy D was coming?...Does Mack have reservations yet at Porchinnis?' 

Louisville fans: We could've hired two Macks for what you pay Cal. Aren't you tired of being ripped off for 8 Million every year by Cal the Con? He runs a state funded NBA placement agency.  Can you even name a player from last years team?  Do You remember them by their hairstyle? 

Kentucky fans: You know where we can pick up some extra fabric, say about the size of a NCAA banner? I hear there's some extra downtown Louisville? Is it true Ricky is delivering Papa John pizzas to work off some of that endorsement deal?  Is Katrina Powell next years ballgirl?  

These are just some i could understand. sorry off topic but fun stuff. 

1 hour ago, ColtsIUDomer said:

It's fun in the office today. We have about an even split of UL/UK fans here, about 40 each. Yes, it's can be torturous. Only 2 IU guys, me and the other normal guy.

Louisville fans: strutting about Mack, saying the NCAA is done punishing them. 'Why else would Mack come? Why else would he being calling Romeo and other recruits' (they named some). We're a top 5 coaching job.

Kentucky fans: 'Mack was best you could get. Why wouldn't he come for a grossly overpaid 2-3 year vacation? His wife said he had to. I thought you said Billy D was coming?...Does Mack have reservations yet at Porchinnis?' 

Louisville fans: We could've hired two Macks for what you pay Cal. Aren't you tired of being ripped off for 8 Million every year by Cal the Con? He runs a state funded NBA placement agency.  Can you even name a player from last years team?  Do You remember them by their hairstyle? 

Kentucky fans: You know where we can pick up some extra fabric, say about the size of a NCAA banner? I hear there's some extra downtown Louisville? Is it true Ricky is delivering Papa John pizzas to work off some of that endorsement deal?  Is Katrina Powell next years ballgirl?  

These are just some i could understand. sorry off topic but fun stuff. 

that's pure comedy gold. I would have loved sitting next to you and just taking in the show...:snack::snack::snack:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived