2018 coaching vacancies

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/24/2018 at 10:19 AM, milehiiu said:

With the hiring of a new coach at Missouri State :

Missouri State names new men's basketball coach

And without ever having played a game there, Crown Point's Grant Gelon, has asked for and has been granted a transfer. 

Grant's new theme song :    Travelin' man 

Couldn't find anything about his release or where he's going next. Reminds me of that kid that moved from AZ to B-town to play in HS as an IU target/commit, then ended up transferring to UCLA and/or BYU I think? Matt Carlino.

37 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Couldn't find anything about his release or where he's going next. Reminds me of that kid that moved from AZ to B-town to play in HS as an IU target/commit, then ended up transferring to UCLA and/or BYU I think? Matt Carlino.

I know he played at BYU......but I think he ended up at Marquette?

31 minutes ago, rico said:

I know he played at BYU......but I think he ended up at Marquette?

Looks like you're right. Played 3 years at BYU and 1 at Marquette. Committed to IU. Decommitted and committed to UCLA. Never played there before transferring to BYU. Him and Gelon should swap transfer stories.

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

Looks like you're right. Played 3 years at BYU and 1 at Marquette. Committed to IU. Decommitted and committed to UCLA. Never played there before transferring to BYU. Him and Gelon should swap transfer stories.

Changed his name to Matt Mississippi and declared for the draft....LOL

1 hour ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Changed his name to Matt Mississippi and declared for the draft....LOL

Haha and then he could swap stories with Max Montana. Although oddly enough in searching to find out where all he transferred/played, it did come up with this...http://gleague.nba.com/player/matt-carlino/

So he got a little GLeague run in 2015-16 but guess he's playing overseas or done now.

Headlines suggest that Knicks top choice as new HC is Jay Wright.

Don't know if this would be a good fit for Wright, but certainly would be a pay increase

13 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Headlines suggest that Knicks top choice as new HC is Jay Wright.

Don't know if this would be a good fit for Wright, but certainly would be a pay increase

If I had a guess that mark Jackson will be the next Knicks coach.  I hope Jay wright stays in college because he just seems better suited as a college coach.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

If I had a guess that mark Jackson will be the next Knicks coach.  I hope Jay wright stays in college because he just seems better suited as a college coach.

At some point Wright might be looking for a new challenge. When a person tops out in their current position, human nature often causes one to look for another mountain to climb.

I get what you are saying, but how would Wright know if he is better suited if he never gives the pros a shot. If he has any inkling of desire to test himself at the next level, the Knicks might be a good opportunity. They would certainly back up the Brinks truck to pay him. And as poorly as the Knicks have played the last few years, expectations would be tempered for at least a year or two. As he's a Philly guy, coaching in NYC would keep him close to his roots.

I think Calipari's stint in the NBA was a very valuable learning experience.  Even though he doesn't know what to do in a huddle, at least some 18-year-olds can be fooled into thinking you do.  Pro players are more experienced and likely too savvy to fall for Calipari's smokescreens.

What does that have to do with Jay Write going to the NBA?  Not much.  I just love sticking what Romeo said in BBN's ear.

Archived