2018 coaching vacancies

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I would absolutely take Georgia over Pitt. Then again, I'm just tired of winter. Georgia just sounds very appealing right now.

Hah, believe it or not, I live in Georgia and even though I have a good job I just applied for one in Northern Wisconsin. Might change my mind after another winter? :)

41 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Hah, believe it or not, I live in Georgia and even though I have a good job I just applied for one in Northern Wisconsin. Might change my mind after another winter? :)

I'm sure northern Wisconsin is awesome in the summer, but those winters...

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm sure northern Wisconsin is awesome in the summer, but those winters...

As opposed to summers in 90deg 90% humidity Georgia! I tell people down here all the time, you can always put on more clothes but you can only take so many off!!

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

As opposed to summers in 90deg 90% humidity Georgia! I tell people down here all the time, you can always put on more clothes but you can only take so many off!!

Amen from a guy that spends a lot of time in Tennessee.

Winters in N Wisconsin are awesome. Cross country skiing, snowmobiles, brandy, curling, brandy... and oh yeah, brandy.

Have to put up with the Packer nonsense. Brats, cheese curds, beer, brandy... all good.

Summers are beautiful but horseflies can be awful. Great fishing up there.  Cool nights, great for sleeping. 

If you move up there you need to learn sheepshead- a convoluted version of euchre. Bar dice is always fun. Get used to hearing the Budweiser song anytime there is anything going on related to UW

2 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Winters in N Wisconsin are awesome. Cross country skiing, snowmobiles, brandy, curling, brandy... and oh yeah, brandy.

Have to put up with the Packer nonsense. Brats, cheese curds, beer, brandy... all good.

Summers are beautiful but horseflies can be awful. Great fishing up there.  Cool nights, great for sleeping. 

If you move up there you need to learn sheepshead- a convoluted version of euchre. Bar dice is always fun. Get used to hearing the Budweiser song anytime there is anything going on related to UW

Beside the snow, I also miss euchre!

3 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

This sums it up for me....

9 minutes ago, rico said:

“In his coaching career, Pitino owns a 770-271 record and 12 conference tournament titles across three different conferences.”

How many of those 271 losses were actually wins that had to be vacated for cheating?  How many final four games were vacated?

In the end it won’t matter, Pitino will get hired by another AD that wants to win and thinks he can control the cheating bastard. Ten years from now, they will all be shocked and disappointed to find out that cheating took place at their school.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We knew someone would come along and buy the Pitino I didn't do it crap....not shocked it's an SEC school. 

Not that I disagree with you.......but let's take a step back for a moment.  But didn't UGA hire Jim Harrick?

On 3/10/2018 at 3:16 PM, CapnRon said:

Pitt would be a good fit

I agree with you on Pitt being a good fit for Crean.  He just strikes me as more of a Midwest guy than an SEC guy.  Had some pretty good success recruiting in neighboring Ohio over the years.  Also, for whatever reason Pitt reminds me of Marquette.  Guess its just the blue collar thing with Pitt and Milwaukee.  

Archived