One And Done May Be Done

58 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

(gasp) make the coaches plan ahead. 

You can't plan for that. The only way to be able to plan for that would be to line up the Spring Signing Period (hhs kids, JUCO's & graduate transfers) with the draft, but then we're forcing those kids to wait until almost July to sign, so then you're messing up the system to please a select few.  

I get the whole "what's best for the kids" thing, but there also has to be a point where what's best for the kids is too much of a detriment to the entire system. Sometimes in life hard decisions need to be made and stuck too. 

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

You can't plan for that. The only way to be able to plan for that would be to line up the Spring Signing Period (hhs kids, JUCO's & graduate transfers) with the draft, but then we're forcing those kids to wait until almost July to sign, so then you're messing up the system to please a select few.  

I get the whole "what's best for the kids" thing, but there also has to be a point where what's best for the kids is too much of a detriment to the entire system. Sometimes in life hard decisions need to be made and stuck too. 

I get what you're saying, but coaches don't have to use all 13 scholarships (or 14 as I suggested). Also, if the kid graduated he wouldn't have to go back to his original school. 

The deadline to withdraw from the draft is almost a month after spring signing anyway so it's not like this would be a huge shake up to roster planning. 

I appreciate the comments. They make sense...it is a complicated matter much like the issue with compensating collegiate players. There are just too many scenarios that could come up that could make a mess, lead to unfairness (not to mention Title IX), and potential sleeze activity.

Again, I appreciate you guys helpin' a brotha figure this out. 

Archived