18-19 Lineup(just for fun)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

As good a player that Juwan Morgan is, Justin Smith will end his IU career as a better player.

I think Justin Smith could very well have a huge year.  Morgan's assist #s go up with shooters on the wing or slashers cutting to the hoop.  Great recipe for Smith to have easy points and rebounds.

Its so good to have multiple offensive options.  2 potential all B1G calibur players making everyone elses job easier.  Is it October yet?

24 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

I think Justin Smith could very well have a huge year.  Morgan's assist #s go up with shooters on the wing or slashers cutting to the hoop.  Great recipe for Smith to have easy points and rebounds.

Its so good to have multiple offensive options.  2 potential all B1G calibur players making everyone elses job easier.  Is it October yet?

With Morgan and Romeo playing, I actually think players like Smith will see court time based more on their ability to execute defense. Let's hope all of the players realize this and totally focus on the defensive schemes! Good time to be a Hoosier Fan!

I thought the following site had a nice summary of the team next year. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Indiana_Hoosiers_men's_basketball_team

The area I am most concerned about is point guard, but I am looking for Green to step up next year with solid performances from Phinisee and Durham. These three certainly have the right head coach to teach them how to play the position.

On 5/3/2018 at 9:52 AM, GaloisGroupe said:

I remember there was a guy named Sloan on the '88-'89 team and he either started (or just played a lot) and I barely remember him taking shot.  He spent all of his time setting picks on offense.  

Oh you mean THIS guy?  https://medicine.iu.edu/faculty/12465/sloan-brian/ 

He had a great basketball pedigree when he got to IU and he got the most out of his experience while here... I too would take many more like him.

Archived