18-19 Lineup(just for fun)

7 minutes ago, SteveS said:

I’m a little scared for Davis. I’m told achilles injuries are difficult to recover from and many people (well, normal people like you and me anyway) never get their full range of motion back. I am not at all affiliated with any medical field, but back in the day when I played rugby I got to know quite a few people who were.  My understanding is that even having top notch doctors and the best rehab regiment doesn’t always result in the patient getting back to where they were before the injury.

And Dan Marino says hello.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Edit: I’d also like to add that with the emergence of Juwan, it’s not going to be as crucial keep Deron out of foul trouble because we won’t have to depend on him to play huge minutes (like we thought he was going to have to at the beginning of this season). Maybe/hopefully this will allow him to play a little more aggressively on the defensive end of the court

I think this is a key point. Davis had to be very soft on D as we (thought we) needed him on the floor. Hopefully, playing free and loose, we see a different Davis on the defensive end. 

If no Romeo, a lineup of 1. Phinisee 2. Green 3. Hunter 4. Smith 5. Morgan does seem like an ideal, small/quick Archie lineup. Or at least what he’s been accustomed to putting out on the floor at Dayton. Still a nice lineup with Anderson, Durham, Davis and McBob coming off the bench. Hopefully a much improved Moore as well. I really don’t know much about Forrester, so I’m not discounting him at all. 

• 1 month later...

RP Green Romeo Smith Morgan 

Green Romeo McRoberts Smith Morgan 

Green Romeo Hunter Smith Morgan 

Only three lineups I see. I've seen Romeo play 40 (ish) times... you have to surround him with shooters. Smith is not going to be the 3. 

Don't discredit what McRoberts can do for Romeo. He'd guard the other teams best wing and hopefully keep Romeo out of any possible foul trouble. But Zach cannot pass up open 3s like last year, at least not as many. 

Bottom line.. you have to have shooters around Romeo and Morgan. That's why I don't see any way Smith being the 3. (I love Smith's game btw)

i think we can get very excited now!  not that this is make or break for CAM, but i think it is much more fair to judge him this year when he has the talent and a 2nd year with his system.  i still think Davis will be a big piece.  i think we can honestly expect a top 10-15 team from this:

Morgan, Langford, Davis, Smith, Green

the PG position worries me.  i hope RP really is good enough as a freshman because he is the only real PG that we have.  that said, the 6 already mentioned along with Hunter, McRoberts, and Durham is a talented, deep team!  not deep with size though.  my son also keep telling me that Forrester is a sleeper?

8 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i think we can get very excited now!  not that this is make or break for CAM, but i think it is much more fair to judge him this year when he has the talent and a 2nd year with his system.  i still think Davis will be a big piece.  i think we can honestly expect a top 10-15 team from this:

Morgan, Langford, Davis, Smith, Green

the PG position worries me.  i hope RP really is good enough as a freshman because he is the only real PG that we have.  that said, the 6 already mentioned along with Hunter, McRoberts, and Durham is a talented, deep team!  not deep with size though.  my son also keep telling me that Forrester is a sleeper?

Davis will not in our lineup come Nov, if at all. His injury is big time serious. And pass that I don't see how he fits or could play with Romeo or Morgan much at all. Especially with Smith on the court too.. it's just not enough shooting and spacing. 

admittedly i haven't heard anything about Davis's injury being long term serious.  is that the case?  he won't make a full recovery?  haven't heard Mile chime in about him in quite a while.  the thing i don't think i get from your quote though is are you saying Langford and Morgan are not shooters?  seems like they along with Green would be enough shooting with Davis as a low post threat and Smith as a wing.

4 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

admittedly i haven't heard anything about Davis's injury being long term serious.  is that the case?  he won't make a full recovery?  haven't heard Mile chime in about him in quite a while.  the thing i don't think i get from your quote though is are you saying Langford and Morgan are not shooters?  seems like they along with Green would be enough shooting with Davis as a low post threat and Smith as a wing.

Morgan is not a shooter... Morgan and Romeo need space to operate..Same with green.. Davis just doesn't fit. Smith will look great playing with the other 3. 

Look at the Cavs or the Pacers this year.. outside of every guy guy not named Tristan Thompson.. they could all hit a spot up 3. That space and shooting ability are the reasons we couldn't double LeBron more than we did. Who'd they surround Jordan with? Shooters, not size. Maybe Davis gives us 10-12 off the bench come January.. also.. this was my opinion of his injury, I have no inside info. 

I

5 minutes ago, Feathery said:

PG - Green

SG - Romeo

SF - Smith

PF - Morgan

C - Race

if we go small insert Hunter in at SF, Smith @ PF, and Morgan @C

I think I like your if we go small lineup the best. Obviously if Davis gets healthy in 6 months things will be different. On a separate note...I like McRoberts I really do...but he's not a starter. He hustles, he plays hard...does the little things. No denying that. Not a starter. The liability on offense (since he doesn't like to shoot wide open shots) makes it easier for teams to defend. Romeo will already probably get a combination of double team or opponents best guy.....we'll need everyone else on the floor ready to score.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Green Romeo McRoberts Smith Morgan 

Green Romeo Hunter Smith Morgan 

Only three lineups I see. I've seen Romeo play 40 (ish) times... you have to surround him with shooters. Smith is not going to be the 3. 

This is a very intriguing lineup and could be a small ball in its finest. Maybe Green can be better suited at 2 guard position. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Don't discredit what McRoberts can do for Romeo. He'd guard the other teams best wing and hopefully keep Romeo out of any possible foul trouble. But Zach cannot pass up open 3s like last year, at least not as many. 

Bottom line.. you have to have shooters around Romeo and Morgan. That's why I don't see any way Smith being the 3. (I love Smith's game btw)

I’m hoping McBob can develop into a good spot up shooter next season.  He shot almost 40% last year on limited attempts.  If he can keep that up on a little more volume, and I think he can, he’s definitely starter material.  Smith also flashed the ability to step out and hit the three last year, so hopefully that improves.  And Green could be a great outside shooter if he ever puts it all together consistently.  

I don’t know because I’ve only seen highlight tapes, how well do Phinisee and Hunter shoot the three?

I'm willing to bet money that McRobert's offense improves.  All he needs to do is hit a jumper or two.  I'm sure he knows competition is coming but he seems like a competitor to me.  I remember him being the only locked in player on the team a few games last year.  I don't care if he starts.  Sometimes he will to make a defensive statement on a guy, other times he will bring energy off the bench but to leave him out of the top 8 is way off base.  I like new shining things too.  

7 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I’m hoping McBob can develop into a good spot up shooter next season.  He shot almost 40% last year on limited attempts.  If he can keep that up on a little more volume, and I think he can, he’s definitely starter material.  Smith also flashed the ability to step out and hit the three last year, so hopefully that improves.  And Green could be a great outside shooter if he ever puts it all together consistently.  

I don’t know because I’ve only seen highlight tapes, how well do Phinisee and Hunter shoot the three?

Adequately 

13 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm willing to bet money that McRobert's offense improves.  All he needs to do is hit a jumper or two.  I'm sure he knows competition is coming but he seems like a competitor to me.  I remember him being the only locked in player on the team a few games last year.  I don't care if he starts.  Sometimes he will to make a defensive statement on a guy, other times he will bring energy off the bench but to leave him out of the top 8 is way off base.  I like new shining things too.  

I'm thinking along these lines as well. Coach just has to tell him to shoot the 3 when he is wide open. Should have plenty of opportunities. 

Archived