Remainder of Season

Season hopes after game 1  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Compared to before the OSU game, how do you feel about the season now?

• Better
    • Worse
    • Neutral

Better.  I'm discounting the 0-Line troubles because of the talent of OSU's defensive line.  The defense is also better than it showed.  They simply wore down against vastly superior athletes.  We beat most other teams on our schedule with the performance we gave on Thursday night. 

I'd say positive neutral.

IU's first string can play with and beat just about anyone.  The weakness comes further down the depth chart.  It's obvious that IU ran out of gas towards the end of the third quarter, and Ohio State's impressive depth really shut us down.  They are the best team IU will face all year, so I'm still pretty positive about the season.

Mostly neutral for me. 

The lines need some improvement but OSU is loaded on both the O and D lines. We got some decent push to stop short yardage runs a few times and the quick passing game will keep Lagow on his feet. We have to get a run game established and the special teams needs to get better, espn the return game. 

I think it will be a good season and a bump in recruiting. 

Neutral.  Our receivers were great as expected, but our running game which was a question mark coming into the season didn't show up.  68 passes isn't a balanced attack.  Maybe that was just because OSU's defense is so good.  Offensive line still has something to prove.  Lagow is better, but I still have some doubts about his ability to avoid interceptions and putting the ball on the ground.  Although OSU put up 49, I thought the defense was what I expected -- improved but not elite.

Archived