From the mod team at Hoosier Sports Nation 3.0..

milehiiu

... wishing all of our members a safe and great holiday weekend.  Many members have found our new home.  Others .... I am sure will be following.  Never the less.... thanks for the community we have all shared for years.

Knowing we are a small, yet growing by the day community here on HSN. 03.  Thanks to all the "old" members, as well as to the "new" members who have found us, and have joined.

In the end, we all are Hoosiers !

What are your plans for this great American weekend ?

For me... rest and relaxation.  With a cookout with a fellow HSN. 03 member, on Monday !

How about you ?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Not goin' anywhere. The daughter in law is due to give birth to our first granddaughter any day now. Can't miss that!!!

Congrats.  And I hope all goes well .  Let us know when the grand date arrives !  And how it turned out.  Pics would be especially cool. Over the years, we have welcomed many new baby's into the family.  There was once, when we welcomed five at one time ! So though.... I... would not know how to import picson our new site, it would be cool to view pics of a new Hoosier fan.  Take care. And have a great American weekend !

Love hearing from you, Jeff. And that you are having a peaceful holiday weekend.

And to you Scott.  Love the fact that you were able to spend the day with your daughter, in the great city of Bloomington.  And love, love. love the fact that you had a great meal at Nick's. Only sorry, I could not have joined you.  As I feel that you, Jeff.... and so many others are..... Family !

Well as some of you know I am a fishing website owner.  Every Labor Day week- end I have a fishing party at my family's private lake for the site.  We fish, eat fish, sit around the fire, and do some heavy drinking.  It actually started Thursday night and ended last night around 9 PM.  It is appropriately named the "Rico Bash"!

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Well as some of you know I am a fishing website owner.  Every Labor Day week- end I have a fishing party at my family's private lake for the site.  We fish, eat fish, sit around the fire, and do some heavy drinking.  It actually started Thursday night and ended last night around 9 PM.  It is appropriately named the "Rico Bash"!

I did not know that. My sons have really gotten into fishing this year. What's the name of your site? I'd like to check it out. 

55 minutes ago, MTHoosier said:

Just trying to breathe in western MT, and hoping the town doesn't burn!  Ready for some BBall

We actually are getting smoke from the Montana fires, here in the Denver area.  Woke up this a.m. to overcast skies.  TV stations attributed it to the fires up your way.

Stay safe !

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

We actually are getting smoke from the Montana fires, here in the Denver area.  Woke up this a.m. to overcast skies.  TV stations attributed it to the fires up your way.

Stay safe !

I believe it....not my fault, I assure you!  If we could prevent lightning, we probably wouldn't.   Thanks for the safe wishes and thanks for taking on yet another forum!   Love your contributions.

We are surrounded by fires here in the Bitterroot. The Lolo Peak fire is about 15 miles north of us now is still blazing at 50,000+ acres. Fires in Idaho in the wilderness are dumping smoke and ash into the valley here. There is an inversion and the entire valley has been pretty miserable the past 6 weeks. Rice Ridge up in Seeley exploded 48,000 acres last night alone and is now over 100,000 acres. The entire western part of the state is on fire and little to mention of it in the national press. I love it here in Montana, but this summer has been miserable. 

4 hours ago, SpiderMonkey said:

We are surrounded by fires here in the Bitterroot. The Lolo Peak fire is about 15 miles north of us now is still blazing at 50,000+ acres. Fires in Idaho in the wilderness are dumping smoke and ash into the valley here. There is an inversion and the entire valley has been pretty miserable the past 6 weeks. Rice Ridge up in Seeley exploded 48,000 acres last night alone and is now over 100,000 acres. The entire western part of the state is on fire and little to mention of it in the national press. I love it here in Montana, but this summer has been miserable. 

I didn't know about any fires in MT, just the one in CA.  Hard to deny climate change with how our weather has been of late. 

Archived