Semi-State Pairings, and TImes

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DunkinDipo said:

Has anyone watched Warren Central play this year? What are New Albany's chances in this game? NA seems to only struggle against much bigger teams since they don't have much of a post presence. Does WC have any dominant bigs?

Not much size at all

Warren is extremely good and extremely quick. CG had them beat though and let them off the hook. I do believe the Bell kid will be the best defensive player that guards Romeo all year though. Playing in Seymour is big advantage for NA I believe. NA by 6. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

If the ihsaa was smart they would play Barr Reeve game at noon.. then play NA Warren at like 6. They could legitimately sell 8,000 tix for one NA game at $10 a piece plus 2-3000 tix for Barr Reeve earlier that day.

In 2006 when my school which is a 2A school went to the semi state at Southport we played the first game.  The place was packed and after our game was a 4A matchup between Terre Haute South(Armon Bassett) against Lawerence North(Conley and Oden) and the place was half empty.

43 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

In 2006 when my school which is a 2A school went to the semi state at Southport we played the first game.  The place was packed and after our game was a 4A matchup between Terre Haute South(Armon Bassett) against Lawerence North(Conley and Oden) and the place was half empty.

Ok?

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Probably because everyone knew TH had no chance.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

In any two game tournament setting, the 2nd half of the first game is always when the crowd is at it's largest.  The fans for the first game are obviously there, and teh fans for the second game have arrived to ensure they get in and get a good seat.

I actually interpret your post to indicate that the 2A fans in attendance were not smart enough to hang around to watch 2 great players on a great team, even though they had already paid for the right to do so.  That makes them BAD basketball fans in my opinion, not good ones.

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

In any two game tournament setting, the 2nd half of the first game is always when the crowd is at it's largest.  The fans for the first game are obviously there, and teh fans for the second game have arrived to ensure they get in and get a good seat.

I actually interpret your post to indicate that the 2A fans in attendance were not smart enough to hang around to watch 2 great players on a great team, even though they had already paid for the right to do so.  That makes them BAD basketball fans in my opinion, not good ones.

I took it as that you need to put the best game second in order to get the best crowd which was not the case in my situation.

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm so confused why this pertains to NA and WC on Saturday. 

I guess I misunderstood what you were trying to say.  I thought you meant that if you put the best game second you would get the best crowd.  I was just showing that was not always the case.

54 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess I misunderstood what you were trying to say.  I thought you meant that if you put the best game second you would get the best crowd.  I was just showing that was not always the case.

No it's already the second game. 

I'm saying sell 2,000-3,000 tickets for BR vs Morristown at noon make 20,000-30,000. 

Then sell separate game tickets for a game at like 6 between NA and WC... which would be a sell out. Make 80,000. 

The way they're doing it now they are costing themselves 20,000-30,000.

Also: NA has a following that I've only seen matched by Washington in Southern Indiana.  

49 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Also: NA has a following that I've only seen matched by Washington in Southern Indiana.  

The thing about New Albany's following, is it was top-notch even before Romeo.  He's taking it over the top by drawing fans from other schools.  Best fans in Southern Indiana for sure.  Maybe in the whole state.

35 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The thing about New Albany's following, is it was top-notch even before Romeo.  He's taking it over the top by drawing fans from other schools.  Best fans in Southern Indiana for sure.  Maybe in the whole state.

Yes. I remember the Hobbs' teams, they had great followings. 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yes. I remember the Hobbs' teams, they had great followings. 

I used to work with a lady who had graduated from Providence.  Her kids were current students of Providence.  Yet, they were season ticket holders at New Albany.  This was years ago, long before the sensation of Romeo.

43 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Let me tell you about the Warsaw fans!!!!!!!!  LOL

5 hours ago, rico said:

Let me tell you about the Warsaw fans!!!!!!!!  LOL

Speaking of Warsaw...watched Al Rhodes coach the other day against South Bend Riley. The guy is well past his prime with today’s kids and the style of play. This is a coach that I’d like to see be forced out with the shot clock. I can’t stand watching a game where the coach has the players hold the ball for the last 2 minutes of a quarter. 

He does have some decent talent returning next year though.

5 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

Speaking of Warsaw...watched Al Rhodes coach the other day against South Bend Riley. The guy is well past his prime with today’s kids and the style of play. This is a coach that I’d like to see be forced out with the shot clock. I can’t stand watching a game where the coach has the players hold the ball for the last 2 minutes of a quarter. 

Couldn't stand the man when I played ball.  But I played against him.

17 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

You should be glad that you were too far north to have to deal with Butcher Ball on a regular basis back in the day. Loogootee used to hold the the ball for most of the game not just the end of quarters.

6 hours ago, hoosierBGH said:

You should be glad thint were too far north to have . to deal with Butcher Ball on a regular basis back in the day. Loogootee used to hold the the ball for most of the game not just the end of quarters.

I only played a couple years at the end of his tenure  It was downright Infuriating playing against that.  

I always wondered If using a couple end of bench players at a time to foul them In to bonus and force possesion changes and force them to win at the line would work.  

Archived