Semi-State Pairings, and TImes

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As some of you know, Drew was at Romeo's game today.  And was seated in the rafters.  But that's not all. 

Drew, was actually able to meet with the NA team and Romeo after the game.

Here's his pitch :  "Now that you know how it feels to lose. Come to Vandy, we do that a lot. "

Just kidding.  Just kidding. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

As some of you know, Drew was at Romeo's game today.  And was seated in the rafters.  But that's not all. 

Drew, was actually able to meet with the NA team and Romeo after the game.

Here's his pitch :  "Now that you know how it feels to lose. Come to Vandy, we do that a lot. "

Just kidding.  Just kidding. 

Was Archie there as well?

Mile, I thought I heard an IHSAA announcer during last weekend’s regional matchup of NA & Center Grove say that Romeo tied Deshaun Thomas in points at some point during the game. Or am I going crazy? (Ok I may be going crazy, but hopefully not because of this? Lol) Wouldn’t today’s total put him over 3,002?

11 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Mile, I thought I heard an IHSAA announcer during last weekend’s regional matchup of NA & Center Grove say that Romeo tied Deshaun Thomas in points at some point during the game. Or am I going crazy? (Ok I may be going crazy, but hopefully not because of this? Lol) Wouldn’t today’s total put him over 3,002?

I was just going by the stats put out by the IHSAA before the game.  Which had Romeo at 2967.  The 35 today would have pushed him up to 3002.

Approx 16 behind Deshaun.

IHSAA Basketball Scoring Records

3 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Hmm... maybe they misspoke last week. At any rate, that’s a lot of points! 

Yes.  Especially when one looks at how far down that list is the great Oscar Robertson..   Elite territory for Romeo, for sure. 

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Interesting especially given the fact that Freddies playing days are over at IU......

Well, again, I am not saying he was the only IU rep.  Just that is the only one I know of for sure.

Most likely..... IMHO... Archie saved his last visit for another day and time. 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Well, again, I am not saying he was the only IU rep.  Just that is the only one I know of for sure.

Most likely..... IMHO... Archie saved his last visit for another day and time. 

Maybe was planning on next weekend in Indy?

33 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

I'm pretty sure they screwed up on the first game broadcast.  During the second game (last week) they were talking about how many points RL was behind a couple of guys that they said he'd already passed during the earlier game.

46 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I'm pretty sure they screwed up on the first game broadcast.  During the second game (last week) they were talking about how many points RL was behind a couple of guys that they said he'd already passed during the earlier game.

Ah I think you’re right. I posted in the Sectional Pairings thread on March 10 that Romeo had tied/passed Deshaun Thomas, because I’d heard the announcers say it, and that was before the Center Grove game that evening. At least I know I am not going crazy! (At least due to this... lol)

41 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Ev. Bosse making it look easy against Danville, 10 point lead mid-way thru the 3rd quarter........

A real nail biter as Bosse hangs on to win 63-61. Clutch FTs at the end was the difference. Southern Indiana will have 2 schools going for a state title next week as little ol' Forest Park will join the Bulldogs

Archived