Rumor floating around.

4 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

We don’t have a rivalry with any of those schools like we do with UK.  And they’re not going to sign up for home-and-homes either.

If you ask most UK fans, we don't have a rivalry with them either.  Some of the greatest rivalries I know of are home and home rivalries...Duke-UNC, Purdue-IU, Kensucky-Louisville.  Again...IU wanted home and home. UK wanted neutral sites. IU offered a compromise with some of both.  That seemed fair to me, but Cal won't play unless we use his ball.  Piss on him...we'll meet him eventually when it counts.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cal's latest quote..."As a man of great integrity, I cannot, in good conscience, play a game in Bloomington when Adidas is funneling recruits that direction.  Then you have an NBA owner, like Mark Cuban, giving roster spots to undrafted players like Yogi Ferrell, just because he played at IU.  Add that to the fact that high profile entertainers, like that Mellencamp guy, use every opportunity to associate their name and face with the program, and I am appalled.  At UK, we're above all that."

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Cal's latest quote..."As a man of great integrity, I cannot, in good conscience, play a game in Bloomington when Adidas is funneling recruits that direction.  Then you have an NBA owner, like Mark Cuban, giving roster spots to undrafted players like Yogi Ferrell, just because he played at IU.  Add that to the fact that high profile entertainers, like that Mellencamp guy, use every opportunity to associate their name and face with the program, and I am appalled.  At UK, we're above all that."

Ha. Ha. Ha.  IU envy.  Much ?   Hillarious.   And they claim not to be a rival of IU ?   Wow.  Calipari, just proved he is a little man. 

Man of integrity.  Just like Pitino.

Yahoo! report links UK players to possible NCAA violations

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

A game against UK used to mean a lot to me.  Not any longer.  

Gotta say I really just don’t get this.  It’s one of the most historic rivalries in college basketball.  Our recent games against them have had huge stakes and have been very entertaining (and the way IU fans still constantly bring up the WatShot sure makes it seem like the series still means something).

Is it a pride thing?  Is it because they’re “cheaters”?  I guess as a relatively young IU fan, I’ve never had trouble admitting we aren’t on UK’s level as a program right now, and I’ve never really subscribed to the holier than thou “we do things the right way” point of view.  

I’m 100% fine with killing this series. Let’s just move on. I understand why Cal doesn’t want to play here and also why we want 1/4 games to be at home. It was a good deal for both sides but UK isn’t in a position to compromise and why would they under Cals nba system.

Archived