Will Anyone Follow Crean to Georgia?

OGIUAndy

49 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Durham and Moore were already transfer possibilities.  Green wouldn't surprise me either.

I'd be least surprised if Clifton Moore transferred. I think it would actually be mutually beneficial. Don't see him getting much playing time in front of Deron Davis and Jake Forrester at center. Don't see him getting much time in front of Morgan, Thompson, maybe smith at times, at PF. Then add in TJD possibly and I don't see him getting any playing time from here to graduation. 

27 minutes ago, BDB said:

Not eligible as he has already played 4 years. 

Using that logic, could Priller transfer because he really didn't "play " for 4 years 

:D

6 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Maybe Al Durham? Recruited by crean, Georgia native. If we landed Carton for the 2019 class, Archie would be planning on using him essentially as a third string PG. Probably wouldn't get much playing time.

From everything I've heard, Archie REALLY likes Durham.  3rd string would be a pretty big regression.

3 hours ago, CSprings Hoosier said:

I wonder to what extent Crean would even reach out to any of his former players.  I feel like the players would have to take the initiative and reach out to him first. 

I fully understand that college basketball coaches aren’t exactly known for following the rules, but with that said coaches are not allowed to proactively reach out to players that have not been released. So, Crean is not allowed to reach out the any former players about transferring, unless Archie has released them. 

Crean is on record as saying he messed up how he handled scholarships initially at Indiana so I don't think he's going to make that mistake again and offer/accept anyone just to hit the ground running. 

With that said. It won't be a shock if we lose a guy like Durham...or perhaps Moore. Nature of the business. 

2 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

People keep bringing up Durham and I'm not sure why. He's going to get PT. Archie loves him. And Al loves IU. 

Unless there is something going on behind the scenes that I have no clue about, I think Al is going to be a perfect 4 year player for us. He's a smart player, passionate about IU, and teammates love him. 

I personally don't see him going anywhere. 

Al is from Georgia though so it's not a stretch to think he wouldn't want to come home to play.  And Crean did lure him to IU so he must have had a good connection.   

I don't think he'll leave but I wouldn't be shocked if he did transfer.   

As for the reaching out part... I'd hope that it's a player making that call to a coach and not the other way around.   

Go Hoosiers!!! 

16 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Al is from Georgia though so it's not a stretch to think he wouldn't want to come home to play.  And Crean did lure him to IU so he must have had a good connection.   

I don't think he'll leave but I wouldn't be shocked if he did transfer.   

As for the reaching out part... I'd hope that it's a player making that call to a coach and not the other way around.   

Go Hoosiers!!! 

Coaches are not allied to reach out to other teams players. I’m 99% sure it would be a violation for Crean to contact Durham to gauge his interest in transferring. 

I’ve been wondering this for awhile. I don’t see how Clifton comes back. He got little to no playing time and there are much better systems (like Crean’s) for his style.

I’ve also been wondering about Al Durham. I declared early in the season about 5-10 games in that he was my favorite player. He was good defensively, took charges regularly, has good basketball IQ and is a hard worker. His minutes really seemed to dwindle as the season went along though and his game didn’t really develop like I hoped it would.

When I saw Crean got the Georgia job, I readied myself for Al announcing that he’s going to transfer. I hope not, but it makes complete sense. For those saying, “But why would you do that if you have to sit out a year?” I agree that sucks for a player, but if any player could benefit from that it’s Al. A full year of intensive strength training would do that kid a world of good. He needs some meat on those bones.

Note: If anybody does follow Crean I hope they stick it to Kentucky good.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Crean is on record as saying he messed up how he handled scholarships initially at Indiana so I don't think he's going to make that mistake again and offer/accept anyone just to hit the ground running. 

With that said. It won't be a shock if we lose a guy like Durham...or perhaps Moore. Nature of the business. 

That would be the first time Crean took accountability for just about anything

3 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

People keep bringing up Durham and I'm not sure why. He's going to get PT. Archie loves him. And Al loves IU. 

Unless there is something going on behind the scenes that I have no clue about, I think Al is going to be a perfect 4 year player for us. He's a smart player, passionate about IU, and teammates love him. 

I personally don't see him going anywhere. 

Yeah...doesn't jive at all with what I've heard.  I don't see Al leaving at all.  I sure don't want him to leave either.  We need four year contributors.

57 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Coaches are not allied to reach out to other teams players. I’m 99% sure it would be a violation for Crean to contact Durham to gauge his interest in transferring. 

...which is why I was shocked to see the long list of schools that had supposedly contacted the UofE player.

Archived