Haas out for rest of tourny

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Such a Purdue thing to happen. I can’t say I’m surprised. 

In a serious twist of fate.... many years previously..... Scott May, in the 74-75 season, went down with a broken left arm, while playing Purdue.....  Probably would have won a NC, had that not have happened.  So.... IU fans can look back and reflect, and empathize if they are honest.  

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

In a serious twist of fate.... many years previously..... Scott May, in the 74-75 season, went down with a broken left arm, while playing Purdue.....  Probably would have won a NC, had that not have happened.  So.... IU fans can look back and reflect, and empathize if they are honest.  

IU has had their fair share of those things and it ain't just May.  

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Or it could just be the thing to light their fire.  As it seemed as if the longer the season went on, the flame started to flicker for the Boilers. 

Good point, the old give them added incentive thingy.

7 minutes ago, rico said:

IU has had their fair share of those things and it ain't just May.  

That's true, in terms of in season injuries, which Scott's was.  Knight admitted to bringing him back too early for the tourney.  And then when one thinks about Maurice Creek and his multiple injuries.... one wonders what might have been.  Even this season, I, personally wonder what would have been, had De'Ron not gone down.  Maybe, just enough wins to make the NCAAT....who knows.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

That's true, in terms of in season injuries, which Scott's was.  Knight admitted to bringing him back to early for the tourney.  And then when one thinks about Maurice Creek and his multiple injuries.... one wonders what might have been.  Even this season, I, personally wonder what would have been, had De'Ron not gone down.  Maybe, just enough wins to make the NCAAT....who knows.

Think Henderson and Kitchel.  Never know.  

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

That's true, in terms of in season injuries, which Scott's was.  Knight admitted to bringing him back too early for the tourney.  And then when one thinks about Maurice Creek and his multiple injuries.... one wonders what might have been.  Even this season, I, personally wonder what would have been, had De'Ron not gone down.  Maybe, just enough wins to make the NCAAT....who knows.

RMK has often said that '74-'75 team was his best....  I remember May playing against Kainsucky with a cast on his arm

Purdoody going forward needs to.moce the ball more quickly with the pass.  My buddy and I watched and both agreed guys were taking one or 2 too many dribbles.  Mathias and the shooters are only dangerous with spacing and quick ball movement.  Not dribble drive .  This may open things up and get the shooters rolling through.  

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Purdoody going forward needs to.moce the ball more quickly with the pass.  My buddy and I watched and both agreed guys were taking one or 2 too many dribbles.  Mathias and the shooters are only dangerous with spacing and quick ball movement.  Not dribble drive .  This may open things up and get the shooters rolling through.  

Carsen needs to just go nuts. 

Archived