15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't necessarily agree with the delivery but I don't mind your point. Not as it relates to Hartman...but just in general. As a fan I'm tired of all the feel good stuff that we focus on.  I'm sick and tired of losing to bad teams. I'm tired of being asked to be patient for the 4th time in 20 years. I'm tired of me watching Hoosiers on 2nd weekend of tourney to feel good about hoops. 

I'm a blind loyalty guy when it comes to the coach at IU but darn....I get it when people say things. It's a feeling of angst/anger that we have had for years.

When I read "sick and tired of losing to bad teams" I immediately thought of this...WARNING LANGUAGE

On 3/19/2018 at 1:23 PM, cybergates said:

For me, when he committed. Turdue fans thought they were getting him to be the next Robbie Hummel (sadly he had a similar injury filled career). A visit to IU and he committed on the drive home IIRC. Great stuff.

Wasn't Collin the one who visited with his mom.  They left, and in the car, he told his mom to turn the car around, so he could commit ? 

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Wasn't Collin the one who visited with his mom.  They left, and in the car, he told his mom to turn the car around, so he could commit ? 

That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure. Think him and Devin Davis committed within days of each other too?

Maybe I should use this for morning motivation for myself? 😳 I watched the ‘76 Halftime speech clip, and that was motivating as well, in an entirely different way.

edit: not enough coffee this morning yet apparently! Good grief, this was supposed to be attached to the vid. I’m blaming it on the weather today!

15 minutes ago, cybergates said:

When I read "sick and tired of losing to bad teams" I immediately thought of this...WARNING LANGUAGE

This is where my line comes from. We need to get back to that passion. Not the tradition, not the banners, not the long lines on social media outside AH,etc....get back to that one passion of winning like Coach had. Or in his case he hated losing more than winning so whatever works. Haha.

Just now, MrsStoller said:

Maybe I should use this for morning motivation for myself? 😳 I watched the ‘76 Halftime speech clip, and that was motivating as well, in an entirely different way.

When I first started as broker back in 95 it was before email and obvious easier forms of communication. Used to make roughly 1000 cold calls per week to get my necessary number of appointments. Whenever my/our floor got tired of calling. We played this on the loudspeakers. 

2 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

I used to listen to it to get fired up when I was at IU regularly. Listened to it so much that I had it unintentionally memorized.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is where my line comes from. We need to get back to that passion. Not the tradition, not the banners, not the long lines on social media outside AH,etc....get back to that one passion of winning like Coach had. Or in his case he hated losing more than winning so whatever works. Haha.

Yes 100%. At this point in my life, IU basketball is the only sports team I am still passionate about. I'm a Colts and Pacers fan, but when they win or lose I am rarely emotionally impacted by it. I hope the program reclaims that passion (as you suggest) because I think the tradition will be enhanced and the banners will increase in number if it does.

For all of his faults, Bobby could never be accused of not being passionate or caring enough. 

3 hours ago, cybergates said:

We had several moments in HS when our coach went all Bob Knight like that, and invariably you would catch someone's eye that was laughing and then it took everything you had to not laugh too.  By the end you just had to bury your head in your arms to hide your face.

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Yes, it was Hartman.  You can read about that here:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/collin-hartmans-rollercoaster-ride-from-top-25-recruit-to-senior-year-2-0/

Archived