Early entrants

rico

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Nothing wrong with it. Will get good feedback and come back and work on his game. 

Rivalry aside. The kid can't shoot, he averaged 3 points and 2 boards on a team that underachieved in the tourney. I like your posts ...but this is comical. The feedback will be this. What are you doing here? 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Nothing wrong with it. Will get good feedback and come back and work on his game. 

This is one of the declarations that is totally ridiculous.  It makes sense for guys like Juwan and Carsen Edwards to declare because they actually have a shot at playing in at least the G League.  Scrubs like Eastern have no business declaring.  They’re wasting their own and the NBA’s time.

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think you can only do that once though, I would think it would be better to declare  after you have actually done something on the court for people to see.

45 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

I think you can only do that once though, I would think it would be better to declare  after you have actually done something on the court for people to see.

If that's true, it's gone from a bad decision to an absolutely terrible decision.  Does anyone know for sure if you only get one shot at declaring without an agent?

EDIT: bstall, Wiki says you are wrong about that, but I'm looking for a more definitive source.

It's still comical that Eastern declared even if he gets multiple bites at the apple.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think the feedback will be something like, "Are you serious or am I on candid camera?

Even the Purdue free forum is mostly laughing at this decision.  One poster said that only Nojel and his mom (who actually posts on their forum) think he's ready for the NBA.  His mom then proceeded to post and complain that Nojel didn't get much opportunity to put his pro-style game on display this last season...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14564613/date-nba-draft-commitment-pushed-may

Players can put their name in multiple times and retain NCAA eligibility.

Eastern is still an idiot...LOL...

They must have changed that recently, I could have sworn you could only go through the process once in the past.  Thanks for the info.

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Even the Purdue free forum is mostly laughing at this decision.  One poster said that only Nojel and his mom (who actually posts on their forum) think he's ready for the NBA.  His mom then proceeded to post and complain that Nojel didn't get much opportunity to put his pro-style game on display this last season...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

Lmao, link?

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

That's gold man. Good find. 

2 hours ago, bstall76 said:

You can only do it twice (declaring and withdrawing your name). Makes more sense to do it after sophomore and junior season for someone who isn’t a stud after year 1. 

Archived