Early entrants

rico

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

A couple of tweets are wayyy different than going back and forth with message board posters about her son in barely intelligible rants.

Don't at all disagree, but even there, most folks agreed it was a very bad idea.  If your kid plays on a scholarship in a power 5 revenue sport, you might as well get used to the idea that there will be critics. Engaging is just beyond bad judgment.  They've mostly tiptoed around her during last season, but after she was critical of the coaching staff, I've seen more of them start to engage her.  It will likely end badly at some point.

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Don't at all disagree, but even there, most folks agreed it was a very bad idea.  If your kid plays on a scholarship in a power 5 revenue sport, you might as well get used to the idea that there will be critics. Engaging is just beyond bad judgment.  They've mostly tiptoed around her during last season, but after she was critical of the coaching staff, I've seen more of them start to engage her.  It will likely end badly at some point.

Not the only parent in Big 10 who posts. I think people would be surprised.

4 players to the league and didn't make Final 4. Is that a new record or did Duke's 2002 team or one of Cal's teams at Kentucky still have record?

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

IIRC, Doc Libby was an avid poster back in the day

24 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

IIRC, Doc Libby was an avid poster back in the day

Poster and her twitter account was great. Especially during games if things were going sideways. I can't remember which board it was but someone basically suggested that staff had to tell her to cool it. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Poster and her twitter account was great. Especially during games if things were going sideways. I can't remember which board it was but someone basically suggested that staff had to tell her to cool it. 

Yeah, I remember her as well. My opinion has never changed. It's just a really bad idea. You're bound to see some posts/responses that set you off. In both her case and Troy's mom's case, I'd bet the sons were ultimately embarrassed and told mom to cool it.

I remembered Troy’s mom posting on Twitter and on one of the Facebook pages that I follow. She was out of control at times! 😂 I certainly agree that if you have a kid playing at a high level program anywhere, it’s best that you stay away from social media, because any and everyone will criticize your child and say some idiotic stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I remembered Troy’s mom posting on Twitter and on one of the Facebook pages that I follow. She was out of control at times! 😂 I certainly agree that if you have a kid playing at a high level program anywhere, it’s best that you stay away from social media, because any and everyone will criticize your child and say some idiotic stuff. 

We have a very specific instance of this currently...just on the football side. 

20 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:
Purdue11 said: 
LOCK THIS THREAD. Let’s all stop posting threads about Nojel. We know how it will end

Agreed. This situation is being made fun of on other forums and on Twitter. It needs to stop.

Yep it’s bad. Why any relative of a recruit would post or read message boards is beyond me. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yep it’s bad. Why any relative of a recruit would post or read message boards is beyond me. 

I'm amazed she can't see how foolish she looks getting all defensive about nothing. If he doesn't go pro soon, it could be a long 2-3 more years for all of you unless Nojel gets mad and tells mom to cool it.  If my mom were on message boards like his is, I'd be flat-out embarrassed.

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Nojel's mama back at it again today...LOL...

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/rob-dauster-with-a-very-good-take-on-the-nojel-situation.145351/

Definitely should stay away from fan forums as she is hypersensitive to even the slightest criticism.

Reading that, I really hope this kid stays in the draft.  Too funny.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Reading that, I really hope this kid stays in the draft.  Too funny.

If he does, I really hope he comes back and finishes his degree.  Mom's grasp of the king's English is cringeworthy.

The entertainment factor though...it will be a sad moment when that thread is locked. :snack:

More comedic gold on GBI...Nojel's mom is starting to wear on several posters...

Treed1967 said: 
But you have facts to back up what you say. Have sir been through the process do you no who these GMs are and scouts are have you been in the gyms they have been in no you haven’t but you like many can give your opinion of what these guys will say I say to you my son is doing what’s best for him not you a fan on a message board who have absolutely no insight what goes on in the process bcuz Nojel can try the process and you can’t. This is exactly why my son made this decision bcuz doubters like you who put him down tell him he can’t when he can bcuz he has absolutely nothing to prove to the avid fan who he is but those ppl who see basketball talent.
I didn't mention your son. Neither did the post I was responding to. It was a generic answer to a generic question. Get over yourself. So sick of your ranting, barely intelligible posts. Even if I didn't like your son, I'd want to see him succeed and move on to the NBA just to not have to read anymore of your posts on here.

Boilermaker24 said: 
Dude why would you start a poll that disrespects a player on the Purdue Basketball Teams Mom in the Purdue Basketball Forum‍
Because every single poster here has bent themselves into a pretzel every single day trying to kiss her *ss and be nice, and she still sh!ts on all of us constantly??

And I don't give a flying f**k??

Is that good enough for you??

((((triggered))))

Treed1967 said: 
B-Westy said: 
You're doing your son a great disservice posting on this board and voicing your loud opinion on Twitter. If you want what's best for your son, you should probably not post here or on Twitter about him. You're embarrassing him.
But you can and I can’t America folks want me to shut up bcuz I have a voice an opinion stop it it’s called free speech
You certainly have the right to voice your opinion on this board, but so does every other poster. Weird how you don’t tolerate anyone else’s opinion but expect everyone else to tolerate you attacking and berating them. You also may want to brush up on the meaning of freedom of speech. It does not mean freedom from ridicule or consequences. All your “free speech” is doing is setting up Nojel, and likely you to an extent, to be a target of ridicule by every opposing fan base that he plays against next year. Do yourself and your son a favor and please just stop responding on this board. This is a public fan discussion board. Fans of Purdue, and trolls from other fan bases, are going to come on here and have discussions about Purdue players. You may not always like what is discussed, but that comes with the territory of being a high major athlete. You might as well get used to that now.

...and then she finally realized it was time to shut it down...
Treed1967 said: 
Indeed and I’m the blame for some of this and I’ve embarrassed my son name and myself and I intend to fix it. How do I delete this acvount
Don’t need anymore responses except someone telling me how to cancel this account

Archived