Best Power Conference Coaching Hire

5fouls

Drum roll, please.  I think they got it right.  Archie at the top of the list.  And as you long time HSNer's know, I have ragged on the Illini coaches for years.  However, I think they have finally got it right this time.  And Ohio State got a good one (IMHO) as well. 

Thanks for the contribution !

I think a lot of CAM's success will have a lot to do with what we expect. 

If he is here for 15 years and has this resume will we as a fan base be happy???

386-161 (.706)

5 conference regular season titles

2 conference tourney titles

4 NITs

11 NCAAs

2 S.S.

2 E.E.

2 F.F.

1 Banner

Or will that not be enough for us?  Are we such a demanding fan base that we expect at least the Final Four every year? 

I think if we are realistic, then CAM has the potential to be our coach for a VERY long time and put us in position for #6 and more. 

20 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

If he is here for 15 years and has this resume will we as a fan base be happy???

386-161 (.706)

4 NITs

11 NCAAs

2 S.S.

2 E.E.

2 F.F.

1 Banner

Or will that not be enough for us?  Are we such a demanding fan base that we expect at least the Final Four every year? 

I think if we are realistic, then CAM has the potential to be our coach for a VERY long time and put us in position for #6 and more. 

If he takes us to three Final Fours and hangs one banner in 15 years, he's not going anywhere.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If he takes us to three Final Fours and hangs one banner in 15 years, he's not going anywhere.

Forgive my wording....it was only 2 Final Fours one of which was a Banner year. 

But i agree.  I used Jay Wright as an example who has had a lot of early upset exits from the tourney before he finally won one; so even if the results aren't immediate, i think CAM will get us where we want to go. 

28 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Forgive my wording....it was only 2 Final Fours one of which was a Banner year. 

But i agree.  I used Jay Wright as an example who has had a lot of early upset exits from the tourney before he finally won one; so even if the results aren't immediate, i think CAM will get us where we want to go. 

Ok, I was wondering about how your list worked... in your scenario, are we only getting past the first weekend twice in 15 years?  Because if that's the case, then I'm not sure if that would be enough.

If he does over the next decade what his brother Sean has done in the past decade his job will be very secure.  That means he doesn't have to set the world on fire as long as we're consistently in the hunt.  He just can't have those fall off the cliff years that Crean regularly had.  I'd be very happy with multiple FFs and 1 title in the next 15 years.

8 hours ago, 68Hoosier said:

Do you think the team we have next year is an NIT roster?

I think the NIT should be the basement for our team. I expect us to be around a 7-10 seed. We have solid guards with a lot of expeirence and a potential beast down low with some pretty good supporting pieces. I think there will be growing pains with the new staff, but if the guys buy in, i think we could be dangerous. 

On 9/4/2017 at 11:10 AM, 3Ballin said:

386-161 (.706)

4 NITs

11 NCAAs

2 S.S.

2 E.E.

2 F.F.

1 Banner

I still want that CBI title we could have had a few years ago if we had not declined the invitation.  

Archived