Romeo Langford's 247 crystal ball predictions.

milehiiu

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've already told you that my prediction is really just my best guess.  Now there is new video of Romeo today that really leaves you scratching your head.  Either he has a killer poker face or he truly is undecided. It is so hard for me to imagine that someone could really be undecided this far into it.  Anyone see a "tell" in this video?

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/video-romeo-langford-discusses-his-final-three-options-03-26-2018/

16 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I've already told you that my prediction is really just my best guess.  Now there is new video of Romeo today that really leaves you scratching your head.  Either he has a killer poker face or he truly is undecided. It is so hard for me to imagine that someone could really be undecided this far into it.  Anyone see a "tell" in this video?

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/video-romeo-langford-discusses-his-final-three-options-03-26-2018/

I commented on this video in the other thread, but I like our chances based on what I saw here...

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I saw a giant "tell" with the shirt he was wearing...LOL...

I'm actually more concerned about Kansas after watching the video. One thing that came through loud and clear is that one of the biggest criteria, if not the biggest, is NBA preparation. He's very focused on the NBA, coaches that have put people in the NBA and being in a system that prepares you. He specifically mentioned Self putting big guards (ie. players like him) in the NBA. 

This is where the Schilling hire has real potential to pay off, but at the same time Schilling isn't Archie, and Archie hasn't really been in the NBA world in terms of getting guys to the league. I'm just wondering if the delayed announcement is to get another IU visit in, and to see who is staying/leaving from Kansas? Maybe those two schools are separating a bit?

Would love to get Romeo.  However, I'm not as enamored with the 5* OAD Me first kids.  Looking at the FF this year confirms my belief that we are much better in the long term with 3-4* 4yr players that CAM develops in the weight room and on the court if we want to consistently be in the hunt for another banner.  Just can't agonize over the loss of the 5*.

3 hours ago, FWIUFan said:

Would love to get Romeo.  However, I'm not as enamored with the 5* OAD Me first kids.  Looking at the FF this year confirms my belief that we are much better in the long term with 3-4* 4yr players that CAM develops in the weight room and on the court if we want to consistently be in the hunt for another banner.  Just can't agonize over the loss of the 5*.

I don't want to be Kentucky, but I do want us to get the Damon Bailey, Cody Zeller, Eric Gordon, and Jared Jeffries in the state.

3 hours ago, FWIUFan said:

Agree with all of this, unless you are lumping Romeo in with the 'Me first kids' group.

7 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Agree with all of this, unless you are lumping Romeo in with the 'Me first kids' group.

Not lumping Romeo with Me First—speaking in generalities.  Actually LOVE the character of this young man and his family.  Of all the 5*s, missing him would other me most due to his demeanor and talent.  Rare combo these days it seems.

15 hours ago, BGleas said:

I'm actually more concerned about Kansas after watching the video. One thing that came through loud and clear is that one of the biggest criteria, if not the biggest, is NBA preparation. He's very focused on the NBA, coaches that have put people in the NBA and being in a system that prepares you. He specifically mentioned Self putting big guards (ie. players like him) in the NBA. 

This is where the Schilling hire has real potential to pay off, but at the same time Schilling isn't Archie, and Archie hasn't really been in the NBA world in terms of getting guys to the league. I'm just wondering if the delayed announcement is to get another IU visit in, and to see who is staying/leaving from Kansas? Maybe those two schools are separating a bit?

I know RL is focus on the NBA part, and wanting to find as many connections as possible, but I tend to look at it a different way. How many players that you have gotten to the NBA have been successful. Your coaching should play a part in that, and I can't think of many Kansas players who have been really successful. They are all over the NBA rosters, no doubt, but how many have ascended since getting there, or become stars? Does that even come into play, or does it even matter?

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watched a little of the Jam fest last night and noticed that Romeo was not hanging around Garland or the Kansas players. It appears that he was sitting alone some of the time or around Little who is going to UNC.

Thanks for the interesting tidbit. Garland seems to have a bit of outgoing personality, and if he feels Romeo is a definite possibility, he would constantly be around Romeo. It's definitely a thing to watch. 

8 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Thanks for the interesting tidbit. Garland seems to have a bit of outgoing personality, and if he feels Romeo is a definite possibility, he would constantly be around Romeo. It's definitely a thing to watch. 

One thing I did not watch all of it and did not see any of the contest that Romeo won so I did not see nay of the players reaction to that.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Watched a little of the Jam fest last night and noticed that Romeo was not hanging around Garland or the Kansas players. It appears that he was sitting alone some of the time or around Little who is going to UNC.

I watched thre entire thing and never saw Garland or Grimes ever speak to Romeo one time. Pretty interesting. 

32 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I watched thre entire thing and never saw Garland or Grimes ever speak to Romeo one time. Pretty interesting. 

I watched the 3 point shooting contest and some of the dunk contest and saw the same thing.  Garland and Grimes was in the dunk contest and was sitting with the other contestants so that could be some of the reason.

4 hours ago, Max said:

I’m not flinching 

BA595766-F585-4CE4-A2DA-EFAB4C517E9D.jpeg

I have been checking the crystal ball daily.  Only thing that has changed is the date has been updated.  Scott has had Romeo to Kansas for months now.

42 % Vandy......42% IU......and 16% Kansas.    Been that way for months now.  Keep an eye on the percentages.  Should that change, then you will know there has been real movement.

Personally, I feel Scott refreshed the date to throw some of us off track.... and attempt to get others to change their picks.  Keep an eye on the percentages going forward.

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I have been checking the crystal ball daily.  Only thing that has changed is the date has been updated.  Scott has had Romeo to Kansas for months now.

42 % Vandy......42% IU......and 16% Kansas.    Been that way for months now.  Keep an eye on the percentages.  Should that change, then you will know there has been real movement.

Personally, I feel Scott refreshed the date to throw some of us off track.... and attempt to get others to change their picks.  Keep an eye on the percentages going forward.

I would just assume now that Kansas’ season is over and given how they recruit historically, that we’ll now hear news from Lawerence that they expect to get Langford. Now their writers have time to focus on it, and going up against Vandy and Kansas they’ll probably just assume they’ll get him. 

Archived