EMERY SIMMONS Flips to UNC

OGIUAndy

Heard and Allen obviously like boundary receivers with size.  So he looks like a nice pickup.  Blocking downfield - very underrated trait.  This kid looks like he is tough and wants to work.  

In the slot, they will run the smaller, quick and fast guys like Whop Philyor, who stuns you with how electric he can be.  

Receiver is a position I hope we hit hard in 2019 and this is a good start.

4 hours ago, Indykev said:

This is what I hate about football recruiting. You have to keep kissing a kids ass until they sign. Waste of time for all schools.

I agree. Not too mention, unlike basketball recruiting, you never know what recruit is the real deal, especially at a school like IU. Most of our highest recruits seem to never make it to the field or disappear without a trace.

2 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I agree. Not too mention, unlike basketball recruiting, you never know what recruit is the real deal, especially at a school like IU. Most of our highest recruits seem to never make it to the field or disappear without a trace.

Basketball has busts as well. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Basketball has busts as well. 

Yeah for sure. I meant more like you don't really see these guys for a couple of years.Usually in bb, they'll play somewhat their freshman year, so you can kinda of get a peek of what they might have to offer. 

Bummer but flips are a fact of life in football.  I had heard he was kind of blowing up.  

It kind of makes me want to side with a coach if he bails on a kid who does not progress after committing and he’s got a bigger fish now.  

It can go both ways.  If players want to be cutthroat about it, what’s good for the goose can be good for the gander.  

Archived