Romeo Langford

On NBAdraft.net, Romeo has slid to 19th in their mock draft.  I do not see how there are 18 better things players than Romeo, but if this holds then I would think that he will have serious thoughts about coming back.  Plus he has always have said that education is very important to him and his family.

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

On NBAdraft.net, Romeo has slid to 19th in their mock draft.  I do not see how there are 18 better things players than Romeo, but if this holds then I would think that he will have serious thoughts about coming back.  Plus he has always have said that education is very important to him and his family.

These days it doesn't matter what the mock drafts say. Underclassmen can now go straight to the horse's mouth.

22 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

Most mock drafts have him in the top 10. He will 100% be a top 10 pick.

Conference-only numbers so far for Romeo Langford (5 games): 22 points, five rebounds and two assists per game. Shooting 54.7 percent from the field, 40 percent on 3s and 88.9 percent from the foul line. He's playing 34.6 minutes per game. #iubb

For anyone to complain about Romeo I think your expectations must have been way out of whack.  these stats to me show that he is carrying this team and that he needs help from more that Juwaun.

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Conference-only numbers so far for Romeo Langford (5 games): 22 points, five rebounds and two assists per game. Shooting 54.7 percent from the field, 40 percent on 3s and 88.9 percent from the foul line. He's playing 34.6 minutes per game. #iubb

For anyone to complain about Romeo I think your expectations must have been way out of whack.  these stats to me show that he is carrying this team and that he needs help from more that Juwaun.

Gosh where would we be if we didn't have Romeo? 

Here’s what the subtweet says:

Among the 388 players in Division I to take at least 50 shots at the basket in half-court settings, Romeo Langford ranks No. 1 in finishing efficiency at 78%. (per Synergy) So no, I don’t think this is an exaggeration. There legit has not been a better finisher than Romeo.

24 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Romeo seems to be a very level headed kid and seems to be surrounded by people who are the same. Unless something completely out of character happens, he will be well guided towards his future.

I am still not 100% positive he is going after this year. He at least appears to be a kid that might enjoy being in school 

I think that there is a small possibility that he would stay and it is small.

Fellas, don't get all caught up in the "click bait".  Or just pull some random mock draft out of hat.  Romeo IS a lottery pick.  Anybody that thinks otherwise needs to send me what they are smoking.  Now whether he goes or not is up to him.  Now that is where it gets dicey.  He is a smart young man, maybe he looks at the ping pong balls and doesn't like the teams that have the best chance of getting him.  Or, conversely, a team might tell him that a trade has been worked out because we want you.  Who knows.  Lots of scenarios going on behind closed doors.  At the end of the day, it is Romeo's decision.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say there could be a correlation between Romeo and Keion. As in, maybe Keion prefers IU but is waiting to see what Romeo does. Keion benefits by waiting, and lets be honest, MSU is a good consolation prize. Count me as someone who is not convinced Romeo will leave. He is hungry to make IU a winner. He is hungry to represent his home state and home town. And his family is patient and would stand behind him if he decided to stay at IU and chase Hoosier immortality by going after #6. Not to satisfy his own ego, but to pay his fans back for their support. If he really does slip outside the top 10 in draft projections, he could decide to stay, like Cody did.

53 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Romeo featured on The Journey on BTN tonight.  Watch or record.  The young man is special.

Sort of on topic and off. After seeing the previews of this show as well as other interviews. I'm sure Romeo does love IU but he's gone and I'll reiterate what others have said....his stock is rising as he gets more and more comfortable with his game at this level. That's the one thing I'm really impressed with. He doesn't force or press. He takes what's given to him. Never thought I'd say this but sometimes I wish he would shoot or drive more. No one guarding him has speed and strength to stay with him. 

Archived