Romeo Langford

8 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

That's certainly a reasonable perspective from a college basketball fan.  However, if you're Romeo and the ultimate goal is the nba, then you might not agree.  This debate has been discussed numerous times over the years regarding one year players with lottery pick potential.  And who knows, maybe Romeo puts his name into the draft to check out what the nba thinks and the feedback he gets is stay in school.  I suppose that could happen.

I think it's a lot more likely than I used to.  With the mocks showing him sliding out of the lottery, I could absolutely see him staying an extra year to shore up some weak spots in his game.  I also suspect that if this season lacks a satisfying ending, Romeo may well feel like he has unfinished business.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I think it's a lot more likely than I used to.  With the mocks showing him sliding out of the lottery, I could absolutely see him staying an extra year to shore up some weak spots in his game.  I also suspect that if this season lacks a satisfying ending, Romeo may well feel like he has unfinished business.

But, if, as has been rumored, there is some internal strife, possibly brought on from jealousy, then Romeo is going to avoid that if the other side of the issue is coming back next year.  

26 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

But, if, as has been rumored, there is some internal strife, possibly brought on from jealousy, then Romeo is going to avoid that if the other side of the issue is coming back next year.  

For certain.  He's got to see a vision of a much better season next year or he cuts his losses and moves on.

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The rumors make me think a transfer or 2 will happen.    Romeo could have a completely different lineup with him(except Phinisee).  Hunter, TJD and Brooks with them gives me hope.

Go Hoosiers!!!

14 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

There is really no rumors at this point, all speculation coming from a parent tweeting that is just as frustrated, probably more, as all of us.  

There’s locker room beef, Archie knows it but it’s tough one to handle. I was told some things yesterday that make a lot of sense. There will be transfers, forced transfers.

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

There’s locker room beef, Archie knows it but it’s tough one to handle. I was told some things yesterday that make a lot of sense. There will be transfers, forced transfers.

Can you provide any more information? I could see issues with Green and Smith. McRoberts, Morgan, Fitzner are seniors and gone. The only other ones that could possibly be an issue would be Davis but I can't see him in that role. 

10 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Can you provide any more information? I could see issues with Green and Smith. McRoberts, Morgan, Fitzner are seniors and gone. The only other ones that could possibly be an issue would be Davis but I can't see him in that role. 

I’m not going to at the moment.  If it’s not true I don’t want to smear the poor kids.

20 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Here is a question for many of the people on this board. Why does everyone assume that the issue is Smith and Green but they give all the new comers a pass? These players were on last years team and none of the issues we are having this year happened. 

Why does Romeo continue to get a pass on being the cancer? I havent noticed anyone questioning him as the issue. 

30 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Thank you. I think we as fans all know something has been up but I also applaud you not bringing it out especially if it's not true. Obviously we would welcome what you can share. Knowing it's a tough one to handle my guess is it has to be centered around Romeo. Other guys thinking they need some shots, looks.....but on the flip side Archie has to show the future 5 star guys that he will deliver on his recruiting promise to spotlight guys if they choose Indiana. I wouldn't want to make those calls....but if it were me and some guy who thinks he deserves 12 shots a game is complaining....he can hit the bricks. 

No one knows if there are issues or not. Guessing there is won't help a thing. We can all see with our own eyes what the issue is. No one can throw the ball in the frecking ocean. There has been players at IU in other seasons that other players hated everything about them and those teams won. Its really a non issue until the off season. Fix the shooting and this team wins.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thank you. I think we as fans all know something has been up but I also applaud you not bringing it out especially if it's not true. Obviously we would welcome what you can share. Knowing it's a tough one to handle my guess is it has to be centered around Romeo. Other guys thinking they need some shots, looks.....but on the flip side Archie has to show the future 5 star guys that he will deliver on his recruiting promise to spotlight guys if they choose Indiana. I wouldn't want to make those calls....but if it were me and some guy who thinks he deserves 12 shots a game is complaining....he can hit the bricks. 

I’ll say this and it’s going to sound ridiculous.  Don’t expect Archie to recruit many more 1 and dones.  That’s not a slight on romeo but it just isn’t Archie’s style.

6 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’ll say this and it’s going to sound ridiculous.  Don’t expect Archie to recruit many more 1 and dones.  That’s not a slight on romeo but it just isn’t Archie’s style.

So having a mid-major program is the goal/best-case scenario here... Yikes.

7 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Not going to lie always seemed odd to go after one. Never made sense why you would get a one and done for a system that takes years to learn. 

9 minutes ago, Indykev said:

TJD, Arman and maybe Keion say hello. Don't believe everything you read. :coffee:

Sure, taken with a grain of salt just like every other message board rumor... But if Archie is going to purposely avoid recruiting one-and-done level talent because it’s “not his style,” he’s just not going to last here.

Edit: And here come the “BUT VILLANOVA AND MICHIGAN” posts in 3... 2... 1....

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Not going to lie always seemed odd to go after one. Never made sense why you would get a one and done for a system that takes years to learn. 

Then maybe adjust your system? If your philosophy takes "years to learn", then why bother going after anyone but 3*s or below?  

7 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Sure, taken with a grain of salt just like every other message board rumor... But if Archie is going to purposely avoid recruiting one-and-done level talent because it’s “not his style,” he’s just not going to last here.

Right, if he cant coach one and done type players fire him now.

15 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

They aren’t one and dones.  I didn’t say he wouldn’t recruit 5 stars.  Just not one and dones

Agree all day. They aren't the one and done types in my opinion either. TJD and KB JR are great talents....but they would get eaten alive taking that step so quickly. Again. Thanks as always. 

Archived