Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ADegenerate said:

Sloppy posts on my part but I'm multi-tasking here so sorry for that. I think the one thing that you're leaving out is that they are consistently stacked year in and year out. UK, Duke, Zona, Kansas, and UNC have amazing squads every 2-3 years. I don't think that will be possible though for us. There's too many schools to contend with for great players. This was a perfect chance to start sliding into that category and that's why I'm so wound up. I don't think people really understand just how big these two guys would be to get. Sure, we can make an elite 8 run maybe in year three or four but we could have done it in year two and kept that trend going. 

That is why the Big 10 can't win. Each team might stack up a good team once a decade but then run into one of the buzzsaws that make the elite 8 every other year and have to beat two or three of them. Yes, randomly one of the will win like Uconn or Nova. Yes, a team stacked up with players like durham + green + Phinese MIGHT be good enough but that's a whole 3-4 year cycle. 

That's the whole gist of my argument really. We're stuck in a loop here. We realllly need Romeo, Brooks, and Davis :-/. Gotta keep churning the top talent in. 

Let me prove the point I'm trying to make here pefectly. Imagine that IU squad but with a PG better than Jordy Hulls. You can build up teams like that but you need to bang home that key piece to complete the squad.

Hey now Jordan Hulls is a family friend and was heck of a player, he fought for Indiana for four years when no one really wanted to play for us when he committed.

3 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Hey now Jordan Hulls is a family friend and was heck of a player, he fought for Indiana for four years when no one really wanted to play for us when he committed.

Jordy was a hell of a player and carved out a nice career and a spot in Hoosier lore. That was a little disrespectful on my part. I’m still a little salty about that no show in the Syracuse game. 

I’m out of here guys. I don’t think I really see eye to eye with the fan base and that’s ok. Just different perspectives. This is a good community but I don’t think my opinions will sit too well here and I really don’t want to be a drain so I’m going to call it quits. 

Best of luck guys. Great site and a great team you guys have. 

1 hour ago, ADegenerate said:

Sloppy posts on my part but I'm multi-tasking here so sorry for that. I think the one thing that you're leaving out is that they are consistently stacked year in and year out. UK, Duke, Zona, Kansas, and UNC have amazing squads every 2-3 years. I don't think that will be possible though for us. There's too many schools to contend with for great players. This was a perfect chance to start sliding into that category and that's why I'm so wound up. I don't think people really understand just how big these two guys would be to get. Sure, we can make an elite 8 run maybe in year three or four but we could have done it in year two and kept that trend going. 

That is why the Big 10 can't win. Each team might stack up a good team once a decade but then run into one of the buzzsaws that make the elite 8 every other year and have to beat two or three of them. Yes, randomly one of the will win like Uconn or Nova. Yes, a team stacked up with players like durham + green + Phinese MIGHT be good enough but that's a whole 3-4 year cycle. 

That's the whole gist of my argument really. We're stuck in a loop here. We realllly need Romeo, Brooks, and Davis :-/. Gotta keep churning the top talent in. 

Let me prove the point I'm trying to make here pefectly. Imagine that IU squad but with a PG better than Jordy Hulls. You can build up teams like that but you need to bang home that key piece to complete the squad.

Jordan Hulls was a really good college PG, created for his teammates and has a great shot.

3 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Vandy ppl saying Drew is going to start recruiting Indiana inside out and that Brooks and Davis are waiting on a Vandy offer

Pretty sure they are just messing with IU fans now... They are using this minor win to take shots at our program. Which is fine. I mean I haven't heard about Vanderbilt basketball before Garland and Langford. I imagine I won't after. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Vandy ppl saying Drew is going to start recruiting Indiana inside out and that Brooks and Davis are waiting on a Vandy offer

Haha they're feeling confident now.- unfortunately for Drew, he doesn't coach at much of a basketball school. It is one thing getting a recruit that you've known since 3rd grade and another trying to grab prospects out of our State. Archie and Schilling won't allow that.  I know there's work still to be done on Romeo, but as of now we still have to be considered the favorite. We lock him down, we get 3/4 top players in our state. Not to mention, I feel that we are in really good shape with Brooks and JD.

2 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

For some reason I read all of this thread. You don;t know what Archie is going to be able to get to come here. The guy has been on the job for a few months. My lord. You need to play in a FF to consistently get top ten players. You act like Archie had been on this Garland for years. He was recruiting him for 6 or 7 months. He has known Drew for 15 years. By the way, UK, UCLA and Duke also missed on Garland. Sit back, enjoy the season and let Archie get the players. And to get this back to Romeo, I think his legacy in the state matters to him and he goes to IU.

9 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Vandy is giddy that they are getting 15 minutes of fame as far as hoops go. Another thing they might want to start thinking about is how much longer is Bryce going to coach at Vandy...he might be bolting for greener pastures once this recruiting class heads to the NBA.

42 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Jordy was a hell of a player and carved out a nice career and a spot in Hoosier lore. That was a little disrespectful on my part. I’m still a little salty about that no show in the Syracuse game. 

I’m out of here guys. I don’t think I really see eye to eye with the fan base and that’s ok. Just different perspectives. This is a good community but I don’t think my opinions will sit too well here and I really don’t want to be a drain so I’m going to call it quits. 

Best of luck guys. Great site and a great team you guys have. 

No show in the Syracuse game? The kid shouldn't have even played. He couldnt even lift his arm over his shoulder hardly. You need to go and take a break you are just being silly now.

4 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Vandy is giddy that they are getting 15 minutes of fame as far as hoops go. Another thing they might want to start thinking about is how much longer is Bryce going to coach at Vandy...he might be bolting for greener pastures once this recruiting class heads to the NBA.

Ha I just told this to a buddy of mine. If a Basketball school came calling DG might not even play for Drew. That would be funny.

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

No show in the Syracuse game? The kid shouldn't have even played. He couldnt even lift his arm over his shoulder hardly. You need to go and take a break you are just being silly now.

Exactly! Jordan Hulls was seriously hurt. My mother was his mother's best friend and I worked out with him and his dad JC and Jordy after that game when he came back to school was still in agonizing pain.

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

For some reason I read all of this thread. You don;t know what Archie is going to be able to get to come here. The guy has been on the job for a few months. My lord. You need to play in a FF to consistently get top ten players. You act like Archie had been on this Garland for years. He was recruiting him for 6 or 7 months. He has known Drew for 15 years. By the way, UK, UCLA and Duke also missed on Garland. Sit back, enjoy the season and let Archie get the players. And to get this back to Romeo, I think his legacy in the state matters to him and he goes to IU.

You don’t need to constantly play in a final four. Sean miller, Cal at Memphis, cal at uk, rick Barnes, Bruce pearl at auburn, probably a few others im missing.

Also duke and uk didn’t miss they got their first choice target.

I’m sure you do think Romeo will come. IU fans are always optimistic. I envy that.

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

You don’t need to constantly play in a final four. Sean miller, Cal at Memphis, cal at uk, rick Barnes, Bruce pearl at auburn, probably a few others im missing.

I’m sure you do think Romeo will come. IU fans are always optimistic. I envy that.

I never said you need to constantly play in ff's to get top ten players. I said we need to play in the FF to Consistently get top ten players. This team this year reminds me of year 3 under Crean. A little talent just not enough to do anything.

7 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Ha I just told this to a buddy of mine. If a Basketball school came calling DG might not even play for Drew. That would be funny.

My wife is from Valparaiso and has family that works at Valpo. She went to the same high school with Bryce. Her family are friends with the Drews, especially Homer.

Having said that, he definitely won't be at Vanderbilt long if a legitimate hoops school comes calling. Some were surprised he went to Vanderbilt at all and didn't wait for a better opportunity while coaching at Valpo.

And yes, that would be hilarious if it happened before next season!

8 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

Bruce Pearl may be available really soon.  Maybe we should go hire him.  :coffee:

8 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

Cal at Memphis got one top 10 player and that player got Memphis to vacate their final four appearance.  I wouldn't put Auburn in there either since their top players just got them in huge trouble with the FBI.

9 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

I don't think you put Barnes or Pearl (who is possibly getting canned any day now) in there but anyways- fear not - Archie is gonna do bigger things for us. We are in very good hands. Trust the process. 

43 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Cal at Memphis got one top 10 player and that player got Memphis to vacate their final four appearance.  I wouldn't put Auburn in there either since their top players just got them in huge trouble with the FBI.

What?  He got Rose, Wagner, Darius Washington and others.

@Indykev

I told you MSU / Big can't compete with the big boys! (Tongue in cheek but a good spot for me to take a shot :P) 

To get this back on topic...I'm stunned at what I saw after looking at the Vandy roster. I thought that they might have some solid pieces coming back but it looks like their main guys are seniors. It looks like Shittu is wavering away and you guys might be right on Romeo staying up. Possibly some decent news at least.

Archived