Romeo Langford

1 hour ago, ADegenerate said:

@Indykev

I told you MSU / Big can't compete with the big boys! (Tongue in cheek but a good spot for me to take a shot :P) 

To get this back on topic...I'm stunned at what I saw after looking at the Vandy roster. I thought that they might have some solid pieces coming back but it looks like their main guys are seniors. It looks like Shittu is wavering away and you guys might be right on Romeo staying up. Possibly some decent news at least.

What do you mean by staying up?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

@Indykev

I told you MSU / Big can't compete with the big boys! (Tongue in cheek but a good spot for me to take a shot :P) 

To get this back on topic...I'm stunned at what I saw after looking at the Vandy roster. I thought that they might have some solid pieces coming back but it looks like their main guys are seniors. It looks like Shittu is wavering away and you guys might be right on Romeo staying up. Possibly some decent news at least.

The difference in the MSU/Duke game was the senior on the roster and not all of there 5 star one and done players.  Also where have you seen about Shittu wavering on Vandy.

9 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

@Indykev

Its going to be a long night playing those two teams.

Probably not the right thread, but Duke and MSU are going to destroy us. We’re pretty far off from that level, but at the same time not too far off. 

I think if Davis stays four years and Archie can develop Moore and Forrester, then along with Race and Smith, IU will have the size, length and athleticism, along with experience to compete. You add the other guys from the 18’ class and hopefully land TJD and Brooks, and then the key is Langford (hopefully for two years), but if those things fall into place IU will be back in the national picture. 

You can add Purdue to that list of teams that will handle us quite easily. We have many issues that have carried over from last years team. This year and possibly next year will be rough but hopefully by the third year we will be back on track. I look at the really good teams and the one thing they have is consistency and an identity. There is very little chaos and drama in those teams whereas we seem to always have it. 

On 11/14/2017 at 6:26 AM, Hoosier987 said:

I don't think you put Barnes or Pearl (who is possibly getting canned any day now) in there but anyways- fear not - Archie is gonna do bigger things for us. We are in very good hands. Trust the process. 

Right. Barnes got run out of UT because he couldn't take them further. Story there is actually similar to Crean, did well in conference, got a streak (a really good streak) of NCAA appearances, but couldn't repeat or build on what he did with Durant, so he was fired.

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure where to add. Interesting stat that Izzo is 1-18 vs Coach K and Roy Williams. 

That has got to stick in his craw.  Of course, Roy is a cheater who defended a program of academic fraud so he could justify those as should have all been forfeited games.

On 11/15/2017 at 5:31 PM, addictedtoIU said:

That's worse than Tom Crean vs. Bo Ryan. I was so sick and tired of Bo Ryan constantly beating us. I feel for MSU fans.

Funny you mentioned that. When I saw the stat I immediately thought of Crean vs Ryan. 1-18 though vs K/Roy? I know MSU is an elite program. Izzo is a great coach but 1-18 vs those 2 teams? I guess I just didn't realize how bad they were vs those 2. 

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Funny you mentioned that. When I saw the stat I immediately thought of Crean vs Ryan. 1-18 though vs K/Roy? I know MSU is an elite program. Izzo is a great coach but 1-18 vs those 2 teams? I guess I just didn't realize how bad they were vs those 2. 

Gotta say ACC owns Izzo, and quite possibly K and Williams know how to beat Izzo, but Izzo can't counter it. Maybe it's similar to 'Crean vs Ryan' or 'Crean vs Boeheim'. In the end, MSU being the few of the top BIG teams, it's quite embarrassing for the conference. 

20 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

It certainly doesn't hurt. However, I am more worried about Vanderbilt. Annnnnnnnnnnnd I can't believe I just said that.. O.o

i truly think its down to us and Vanderbilt...I think its funny that darius had to decide between building a legacy for Vanderbilt and staying home or going to the bigger conference...now romeo has to decide if legacy or playing with darius at Vanderbilt. I hope he choses the legacy of course

2 hours ago, cohete15 said:

It certainly doesn't hurt. However, I am more worried about Vanderbilt. Annnnnnnnnnnnd I can't believe I just said that.. O.o

Romeo did retweet Grimes commitment, so I'm guessing it doesn't matter. Where ever he goes, except Vandy, there will be good players at his position. Archie said on his radio show they were going to make Hunter a big guard.

4 hours ago, Indykev said:

Romeo did retweet Grimes commitment, so I'm guessing it doesn't matter. Where ever he goes, except Vandy, there will be good players at his position. Archie said on his radio show they were going to make Hunter a big guard.

Interesting on Hunter.  So, theoretically, could we see the potential following line up if we don't get Romeo?

Green, Hunter, Anderson/Smith, Morgan, Davis

Archived