Romeo Langford

21 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I don't know what to think about this. I smell a rat. I think Glass didn't want to expose the television media to the possibility of fans booing our team. In my opinion he knew the team wasn't performing well and we would probably lose the game and he was going to replace Crean. He made the decision to play on the road which would allow us to use that as an excuse and deep down maybe he wanted the loss which would help justify him dumping Crean. 
Glass has done many good things for Indiana but he has also made many not so smart moves which has cost the university millions of dollars. 

That's correct.  Mr. Glass turned down the NIT's invitation to play in Assembly Hall.  Saying the students were on break was a ruse. 

Indiana didn’t want to ‘devalue’ its home court by hosting an NIT game 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

That's correct.  Mr. Glass turned down the NIT's invitation to play in Assembly Hall.  Saying the students were on break was a ruse. 

Indiana didn’t want to ‘devalue’ its home court by hosting an NIT game 

Glass should have been fired with Crean.   Giving away a home game was the 2nd dumbest thing he did.  Crean's extension was #1.  

As far as his accomplishments... any smooth talking AD could have done the same if not better with fund raising.   I mean really do you think he had to beg Vic and Cody for their donations to the lockeroom?    Glass has gotten way to much credit for things.

This is Indiana.  Ya only have to get one sport right.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

:P

14 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

So he turned down a home game. Not the NIT. 

Mr. Glass turned down a home game, that by all rights should have been played in Assembly Hall.  That is what I consider to be turning down the NIT.  Unprecedented. 

It's like telling your girl friend that you don't want to go to her house, when she invites you over, knowing that her parents won't be home. 

There are certain invitations, you just don't turn down.

4 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Was it known at that point he was getting rid of CTC and he didn’t want CTC getting booed off the court at his final game at Assembly Hall?

Not sure if that was the real reason for giving up a home invitation. Certainly the vibes gave every indication at the time that all was not right with the program at the time.

Personal opinion.... which Mr. Glass alluded to..... it was a mistake to give away a home game.

Hey. Thanks for becoming a member back in February. Can't recall if I welcomed you back then. So pardon me, if I do it again. Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation !

Getting back to Romeo....I know it's extremely, extremely likely that Romeo's days in an IU uniform are numbered..........but, what would be telling is if he did not hire an agent.

I know, I know, this is wishful thinking, not to mention riskimg injury, but IMHO there is a very small possibility that Romeo may entertain coming back for one more year. Call me crazy, but it could happen.

Romeo definitely will play in the NBA, but he strikes me as the type of player that wants to go out on top. He didn't play up to his standards and maybe, just maybe one more year at IU can end on his terms and increase his stock.

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Getting back to Romeo....I know it's extremely, extremely likely that Romeo's days in an IU uniform are numbered..........but, what would be telling is if he did not hire an agent.

I know, I know, this is wishful thinking, not to mention riskimg injury, but IMHO there is a very small possibility that Romeo may entertain coming back for one more year. Call me crazy, but it could happen.

Romeo definitely will play in the NBA, but he strikes me as the type of player that wants to go out on top. He didn't play up to his standards and maybe, just maybe one more year at IU can end on his terms and increase his stock.

If he comes back, it would be just about as big as him choosing to "take his talents" to IU in the first place.

Dude still needs to prove he’s a 1st rd draft pick and the must win to get selected didn’t go down too well.  I’m sorry Zion, Barret proved their Lottery picks ALL yr while Romeo proved over and over to need another yr to develop into a top pick.  Dude def has top 5 potential just not this yr.   IU makes the field “If” Romeo takes the leap from Frosh to Soph late in the Season.  So disappointed in his effort in a must win game along with Zero Pts Smith when it mattered most, not to mention our Sr Stud getting MANHANDLED in the paint.  On to next Season and I don’t want to watch the lack of effort in the NIT!

3 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Dude still needs to prove he’s a 1st rd draft pick and the must win to get selected didn’t go down too well.  I’m sorry Zion, Barret proved their Lottery picks ALL yr while Romeo proved over and over to need another yr to develop into a top pick.  Dude def has top 5 potential just not this yr.   IU makes the field “If” Romeo takes the leap from Frosh to Soph late in the Season.  So disappointed in his effort in a must win game along with Zero Pts Smith when it mattered most, not to mention our Sr Stud getting MANHANDLED in the paint.  On to next Season and I don’t want to watch the lack of effort in the NIT!

Romeo is a 1st round pick and you are clueless to think he hasn't proven it.

12 minutes ago, ChiHoosier said:

Romeo is a 1st round pick and you are clueless to think he hasn't proven it.

Without a doubt.  Question is, how satisfied is he in his mind that he's ready for the NBA?  Still think he goes, but I'm not as rock-solid sure as I once was.

46 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Without a doubt.  Question is, how satisfied is he in his mind that he's ready for the NBA?  Still think he goes, but I'm not as rock-solid sure as I once was.

Lets be honest, even if he isn’t ready and knows he isn’t ready, he still goes pro. He is going to get millions a year for 3 years minimum. Anyone who doesn’t come from a wealthy family has to take that. If he flames out, he will have 6-15 million at the end of his rookie deal. He can go back to school for free at IU bc he is still guaranteed that scholarship. 

3 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Lets be honest, even if he isn’t ready and knows he isn’t ready, he still goes pro. He is going to get millions a year for 3 years minimum. Anyone who doesn’t come from a wealthy family has to take that. If he flames out, he will have 6+ million to help for his life. 

...and lets be equally honest...there are players who routinely defy your logic...Cody Zeller...Miles Bridges...right there are two projected lottery picks who stayed an extra year.  I'm not saying it's likely he stays, but it's also not a done deal he goes until he says he is.

I did a little reasearch because I was thinking that he was a real candidate to come back but I don't see how you could take that risk for so little reward. Mocks had him around 8th for 11.4. He'd have to jump up to 4th to even have the math work there. If he fell the next year we're talking possibly 10million down the drain.

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

...and lets be equally honest...there are players who routinely defy your logic...Cody Zeller...Miles Bridges...right there are two projected lottery picks who stayed an extra year.  I'm not saying it's likely he stays, but it's also not a done deal he goes until he says he is.

...And I am sure there are plenty more than the ones you named.

Romeo is 50/50 on his future.  I normally do not have any insider information in regards to players, recruiting, etc.  However, one of my best friends lives down in the New Albany area and knows Romeos dad pretty well.   Last time they spoke(which was prior to the Big Ten Tourney), Romeo was 50/50 on his decision to stay or leave.  The dad said the decision will be solely up to Romeo on if he wants to leave for the draft or stay for another year just like they left it up to Romeo on him choosing what school he wanted to attend.  I believe the split is more 70(draft)/30(stay in school) IMO. 

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

This season has to leave a sour taste in your mouth.  

I'm interested in 2 things.  

1. Will there be an immediate surgery on the wrist after the season?

2. Does CAM put heat on shooting guards in the next week or 2?

+1 who's the big name transfer that's about to come available?

I have not heard anything substantial on the severity of his wrist.  My guess is rest will allow to heal unless its to a point of no return and he's just managing the pain until surgery after the season.  I think CAM will have interest in shooting guards in the transfer portal if Romeo stays or leaves, however they are still in on Beverly(I feel better about this kid than nabbing Quinones) and Quinones(although after this kids visit to Memphis this past weekend it was the most excited and talked about visit via social media from the kid himself that I have ever seen, I am surprised he didn't commit on the spot to be honest). 

If Romeo leaves, assuming no transfer happen(who  knows) from a SG position:

-  Green can shoot(yes sometimes streaky),

-  Durham became a better shooter this year, I think he continues to improve

- Anderson I think gets some more PT, with a summer to improve his defense I think this helps him nab some significant minutes off the bench

- Franklin I think will get some playing time at both the SG and SF spot.  Seems tall enough and lengthy enough to handle the SF spot and showed towards the end of high school he could lite it up from 3. 

- Hunter will shoot lights out from the SG or SF position.  Assuming he has no setbacks through the summer, I think he shoot slights out like some have mentioned on

6 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I have not heard anything substantial on the severity of his wrist.  My guess is rest will allow to heal unless its to a point of no return and he's just managing the pain until surgery after the season.  I think CAM will have interest in shooting guards in the transfer portal if Romeo stays or leaves, however they are still in on Beverly(I feel better about this kid than nabbing Quinones) and Quinones(although after this kids visit to Memphis this past weekend it was the most excited and talked about visit via social media from the kid himself that I have ever seen, I am surprised he didn't commit on the spot to be honest). 

If Romeo leaves, assuming no transfer happen(who  knows) from a SG position:

-  Green can shoot(yes sometimes streaky),

-  Durham became a better shooter this year, I think he continues to improve

- Anderson I think gets some more PT, with a summer to improve his defense I think this helps him nab some significant minutes off the bench

- Franklin I think will get some playing time at both the SG and SF spot.  Seems tall enough and lengthy enough to handle the SF spot and showed towards the end of high school he could lite it up from 3. 

- Hunter will shoot lights out from the SG or SF position.  Assuming he has no setbacks through the summer, I think he shoot slights out like some have mentioned on

Thanks for the first part of info.

The second part is the equation for inconsistency.  Relying on green is a much greater risk than relying on Rob Johnson although Al Durham is a way better return then Newkirk.  Then we just dive into the unknown with Anderson and hopeful improvement, trying to rely on a freshman in Franklin, and we're all very hopeful that Hunter can step right in

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Thanks for the first part of info.

The second part is the equation for inconsistency.  Relying on green is a much greater risk than relying on Rob Johnson although Al Durham is a way better return then Newkirk.  Then we just dive into the unknown with Anderson and hopeful improvement, trying to rely on a freshman in Franklin, and we're all very hopeful that Hunter can step right in

Agree, the later part is that we would be relying on a lot of "What Ifs" to occur.  Maybe they do, maybe they don't.  I trust CAM has seen enough to warrant a very good decision after the NIT is completed.  I would love to see Anderson and Race get some meaningful minutes in this tournament. 

We know Romeo is leaving and so does Archie. So what is it that everyone thinks we need to bring in yet. We need a sharp shooter, at the guard position or forward position. With Green ,Al, Rob and Franklin I think we need the forward position filled up a little more. So do we have a chance of landing Watford? Right now I worry about consistency scoring. The big unknown is how good is Hunter? I have no ideal if he will be the big sharp shooter we need. 

Archived