Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Final 7 for Romeo  Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana, UCLA, Kansas, Vanderbilt, and North Carolina,

For now.... Dad says visits to all 7 schools are in the plans , with no decision coming before Spring time

Mile adds:  With 7 visits, that means two will not be OV's. 

37 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

For now.... Dad says visits to all 7 schools are in the plans , with no decision coming before Spring time

Mile adds:  With 7 visits, that means two will not be OV's. 

4 schools are within 3 hours and he's probably already made a number of visits to those. 

UCLA, KS and NC are the furthest so wouldn't be surprising if they got officials. 

Interesting seeing Vandy on his list. I like that we are the only team from the B1G. 

If we pull off some upsets over ranked teams and he see the excitement building at IU, I have to think we land him.

13 hours ago, 68Hoosier said:

I work in New Albany and was at a fight party this weekend to watch the big fight.  During the evening I was talking to a guy that was a neighbor of Romeo (UK fan).  He said that he talks to him and his dad quite a bit.  He confirmed that Romeo and Cal did not mesh well on the trip.  Cal told him that he could get him to the NBA in one season and that if he didn't want to be a one and done he did not need him.  Romeo's parents didn't care for that approach.  He also said that Cal told them he had regressed over the summer.  He believes that it is down to IU and UL, with IU in the lead because Romeo is loyal to the state.  He wants to be Mr. Basketball and play for his home school.  He also said that IU had 0 chance at him when Crean was there.  Said that Crean was not really recruiting him very hard. 

Anyway take it for what it's worth.  Just thought I would add to the topic! 

Following up on this.  Virtually all of this meshes what I've heard, and mine came from a different source (and mine is arguably as close or closer than the neighbor).  The one exception is that I don't think it's down to just IU and UL.  I've posted that Romeo was not a slam dunk one and done several times and been questioned.  Nice to hear the same thing from a different source.  

I will say that I'm troubled about what PistonHonda posted in the other thread about there being 'strings attached' to the recruitment.  I truly don't get that vibe in this situation, but my recollection is that PistonHonda's sources have historically been reliable.     If true, someone is doing this kid a great disservice, because the young man himself is humble and has a great deal of perspective and class.

Everyone should be careful about discounting Vandy.  In fact, if Garland declares for Vandy, you should actually be concerned about what that may mean regarding Romeo.  If Garland commits to Duke.....crisis over.  

I would not be concerned about UCLA.  

He's a good student, period.  I don't think a particular major will factor into the decision.  Vandy is in play because of Drew, and the attraction of pairing with Garland and making something happen at a school typically not known for its basketball.  I don't think that's what will happen, but it should not be automatically discounted.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

He's a good student, period.  I don't think a particular major will factor into the decision.  Vandy is in play because of Drew, and the attraction of pairing with Garland and making something happen at a school typically not known for its basketball.  I don't think that's what will happen, but it should not be automatically discounted.

He is a very good student (my wife is a teacher in New Albany) and good person.  She teaches special needs and he came to her class to see the students after the state championship.  Spent time with them and took pictures.  The younger kids love him.  I believe he is loyal to the area and wants to be in the state.  Hope things line up for him and this happens.  At then end of the day he has to pick what he believes is the best situation for him. 

35 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

He is a very good student (my wife is a teacher in New Albany) and good person.  She teaches special needs and he came to her class to see the students after the state championship.  Spent time with them and took pictures.  The younger kids love him.  I believe he is loyal to the area and wants to be in the state.  Hope things line up for him and this happens.  At then end of the day he has to pick what he believes is the best situation for him. 

I guess the question is who does he think as the local team UL, which is 6 miles away or IU who is in the same state.  I hope he does not decide to go another way and choose somewhere else just not to have to deal with the local people if he decides for one and not the other.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess the question is who does he think as the local team UL, which is 6 miles away or IU who is in the same state.  I hope he does not decide to go another way and choose somewhere else just not to have to deal with the local people if he decides for one and not the other.

Agreed.  I hope Bloomington is close enough for family and far enough to be away from home but still in state for him.  Louisville is very close but I don't think it will feel like he is away at college.  The campus is not very college like and doesn't come close to what Bloomington offers. 

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Agreed, I posted a similar sentiment over on that other site. I mentioned he could take the eeee-zeeee way out and choose Kansas.

19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Following up on this.  Virtually all of this meshes what I've heard, and mine came from a different source (and mine is arguably as close or closer than the neighbor).  The one exception is that I don't think it's down to just IU and UL.  I've posted that Romeo was not a slam dunk one and done several times and been questioned.  Nice to hear the same thing from a different source.  

I will say that I'm troubled about what PistonHonda posted in the other thread about there being 'strings attached' to the recruitment.  I truly don't get that vibe in this situation, but my recollection is that PistonHonda's sources have historically been reliable.     If true, someone is doing this kid a great disservice, because the young man himself is humble and has a great deal of perspective and class.

Everyone should be careful about discounting Vandy.  In fact, if Garland declares for Vandy, you should actually be concerned about what that may mean regarding Romeo.  If Garland commits to Duke.....crisis over.  

I would not be concerned about UCLA.  

19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

What thread is that?  I haven't seen anything mentioning that anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Colonialcrester said:

From what I have seen, it has been pretty even keeled.  Still a way to go.

Spring seems like it's so far away to wait for him to commit. Anyone else thinking he's waiting til spring due to any of the following:

• IU - wants a change to see how they do and how CAM coaches?
  • UNC - wants to see if anything happens in regards to the NCAA investigation. (who knows how much longer this will be dragged out)
  • UL - NCAA investigation

I would tend to lean towards the first bullet point in regards to IU only because I would expect the other two to happen sometime before winter. Any thoughts?

23 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

Spring seems like it's so far away to wait for him to commit. Anyone else thinking he's waiting til spring due to any of the following:

• IU - wants a change to see how they do and how CAM coaches?
  • UNC - wants to see if anything happens in regards to the NCAA investigation. (who knows how much longer this will be dragged out)
  • UL - NCAA investigation

I would tend to lean towards the first bullet point in regards to IU only because I would expect the other two to happen sometime before winter. Any thoughts?

A lot of the top kids wait until spring now which I hate. I think there should be 1 signing period for seniors in the fall for two weeks and thats it. These kids have years to make up their mind. Puts pressure on the schools that stay in there and miss to scramble around to fill that spot. . Not to mention the time and money spent. jmo.

Archived