Romeo Langford

I have long been in the camp that Romeo is for sure gone, but as he slides down mock drafts I think it's back to a toss up. I haven't gone back and done any research, but it seems like lottery guys leave 95%+  of the time. Mid/late first rounders seem to be closer to 50/50. I think a lot depends on the feedback.

Are there any instances of these insurance contracts actually paying out? It seems like the kind of thing where the injury would have to be so devastating that he couldn't possibly play again. Most injuries aren't that way. Most of them just leave you at 80% of what you used to be, label you an injury risk and drop you down the draft. I would assume the policies don't pay out in that situation. 

Edit: I see the details of Zion's. Makes sense, though seems to be rather unique to the very top players. A healthy Romeo could easily drop in to the high teens - I wonder how his might be structured. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These mock drafts are pretty much useless at this point, imo. There will be several/quite a few Euro players that will eventually be identified and will push some of these kids further down the board.

Until those players are slotted into the rankings it is going to be hard to get a real feel for where Romeo might be drafted 

18 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'd say it's more shooting issues than his back.  I still think some team will take a chance on him in the lottery.  I mean ESPN has Darius Garland as the 4th best player in the draft.

Depends how severe his back injury is.... I am hearing he may need surgery 

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'd say it's more shooting issues than his back.  I still think some team will take a chance on him in the lottery.  I mean ESPN has Darius Garland as the 4th best player in the draft.

Anymore, ESPN is about as accurate and trustworthy as a UK player's academic transcript.

Archived