Romeo Langford

24 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

This. 

Romeo took a long time with his college choice.  He's a smart kid with a good support network around him.  And, he's not projected high enough to make it a no-brainer decision. He'll take his time before he makes it permanent.

If I'm Romeo I stop and look back at the season me and my team just had,and ask myself...am I fully satisfied with my play as a College player,am I fully satisfied with my  Teams play thur out the season...if Im not,then I come back..I just read an article on some of the recent top draft picks,and to my surprise alot are struggling, some may be out of the league by season end.Im sure he will test the water,but so did theses other players...he made a smart decision last April, I hope he makes another one before May.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm guessing the opposite.  I think he wants to leave the door open to stay even if he's leaning hard toward leaving. Never know what teams will tell you...until they tell you.

Doi, I actually agree with you.  Said former, meant latter.  I think he’ll want to keep his options open, especially since it doesn’t seem like he’s a slam dunk top 10 pick like he was coming into the season.

On 3/27/2019 at 11:56 AM, rico said:

I wanna go west!!!!!!!  I get to Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota all the time.  Thanks for thinking about me.

Sorry just seen this.  I lived in Duluth for a while and the fishing around the area is hard to beat.  Moved there from Indiana just for the outdoors.  If you like bass fishing and I’m talking largemouth, it is great.  They all turn their nose up to them like the are carp.  Warm water fish is what they told me.  When I lived up there the state record if I remember correctly was 8.12 but that was 96.  Loved the walleye but bass fishing was unbelievable just because of no pressure.  

I will say I have fished out west and Alaska and you can tie a rainbow to a smallmouth and that trout will pull him all over the lake.

1 hour ago, Hard Hat said:

Sorry just seen this.  I lived in Duluth for a while and the fishing around the area is hard to beat.  Moved there from Indiana just for the outdoors.  If you like bass fishing and I’m talking largemouth, it is great.  They all turn their nose up to them like the are carp.  Warm water fish is what they told me.  When I lived up there the state record if I remember correctly was 8.12 but that was 96.  Loved the walleye but bass fishing was unbelievable just because of no pressure.  

I will say I have fished out west and Alaska and you can tie a rainbow to a smallmouth and that trout will pull him all over the lake.

My brother just moved to the Twin Cities after having lived in Duluth for over 40 years. Beautiful city but cold!

Six days out from the end of the season and still no announcement that Langford is entering the draft. There's still plenty of time, obviously, but the delay plus the fact that Miller doesn't seem to be prioritizing adding a wing who is ready to contribute from day one can certainly be interpreted to suggest that the odds Langford stays are stronger than commonly believed...

1 hour ago, IUProfessor said:

Six days out from the end of the season and still no announcement that Langford is entering the draft. There's still plenty of time, obviously, but the delay plus the fact that Miller doesn't seem to be prioritizing adding a wing who is ready to contribute from day one can certainly be interpreted to suggest that the odds Langford stays are stronger than commonly believed...

He'll get feedback...I'd be shocked if he didn't at least go that far.  I expect he'll delay getting an agent though.

...but yeah...I think there is a real chance he comes back.  Was a rumor that he'd have wrist surgery and was planning on coming back.  Just a rumor...

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

He'll get feedback...I'd be shocked if he didn't at least go that far.  I expect he'll delay getting an agent though.

...but yeah...I think there is a real chance he comes back.  Was a rumor that he'd have wrist surgery and was planning on coming back.  Just a rumor...

I think if he puts his name into the draft I think he hires an agent and go.  I just don't see him going through the process to see what his stock is and then come back.  I say he will announce  he is staying or going all in on the draft.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:48 AM, rico said:

Thanks mile......tbh, I never have been trout fishing before, but one of these days I am gonna go West and give it a try.

Rico, it's been a few decades but we used to go trout and salmon fishing in the Michigan streams during spawning. I particularly loved the Skamania (I called them Suicide) if they still exist! They were even in the Calumet!

1 hour ago, IUProfessor said:

I guess it takes some longer than others to make a decision.

UNC freshman Little declares for NBA draft

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:52 AM, milehiiu said:

NORTH-DELANEY.jpg

Many trout fishing videos out there.  However, I chose that one just for you, because it's in Southern Wisconsin.  A lot shorter drive than to the Rockies.  And you should be more in tune with the altitude.  Most of our best trout brooks in Colorado are in the high country.  Trust me, the altitude is a real thing. 

Mile love the picture, but I seriously doubt this was Southern Wisconsin! Not many snow covered peaks in Southern Wisconsin, just saying!

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Rico, it's been a few decades but we used to go trout and salmon fishing in the Michigan streams during spawning. I particularly loved the Skamania (I called them Suicide) if they still exist! They were even in the Calumet!

They still exist.........

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

Mile love the picture, but I seriously doubt this was Southern Wisconsin! Not many snow covered peaks in Southern Wisconsin, just saying!

Oh, no.  My apologies for any confusion.  My original post to Rico was a video of a brook in Wisconsin.  The above picture is in Colorado.

9 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

The mention of the Calumet brings back memories.  Of my dad an myself fishing the Little Calumet River in NWI.

Calumet River 

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Oh, no.  My apologies for any confusion.  My original post to Rico was a video of a brook in Wisconsin.  The above picture is in Colorado.

I've seen pictures and read stories of my Grandmother catching trout in the Brule river in Wisconsin. Must have been great fishing then at the turn of the 20th century! Times have changed!

2 hours ago, IUProfessor said:

I will admit that earlier in the year I was 99% certain he may be gone. Now I’m maybe 95% because he didn’t announce already. Maybe the reason for this is because he’s not certain he’ll be a lottery pick and will test the waters before hiring an agent vs just flat out hiring an agent. 

If he gets feed back that he’ll fall out of the lottery after draft camp, but will still go in the first round I’ll dip to 85%. 

45 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I've seen pictures and read stories of my Grandmother catching trout in the Brule river in Wisconsin. Must have been great fishing then at the turn of the 20th century! Times have changed!

Fantastic memory for you.... I am sure. 

21 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I will admit that earlier in the year I was 99% certain he may be gone. Now I’m maybe 95% because he didn’t announce already. Maybe the reason for this is because he’s not certain he’ll be a lottery pick and will test the waters before hiring an agent vs just flat out hiring an agent. 

If he gets feed back that he’ll fall out of the lottery after draft camp, but will still go in the first round I’ll dip to 85%. 

They did away with that agent rule. You can now hire one and still come back to college. 

Archived