Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

For the last 10 years or so Belmont has been one of the better mid major programs.  I have watched them many times and they play a great style of basketball.

It wasn't all that long ago that Belmont walked into the "Dean Dome" and walked away with the "W".

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

I hope he doesn't think that way. More talent will be at IU than vandy.

Having a talent on the team is different than having 2 other 5* players with the goal of being 1 and done and needing the ball to show that, plus a coach that ha no idea how to coach with that type of talent.

39 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Having a talent on the team is different than having 2 other 5* players with the goal of being 1 and done and needing the ball to show that, plus a coach that ha no idea how to coach with that type of talent.

Which coach are you talking about? Has either them had that kind of talent as a head coach? Not questioning your post just making sure I understand what you are saying. Thank you

I think it's safe to say Romeo is not a normal recruit in the way him and his family handle things. If he was, he would have been at a prep school the past couple years with his bags packed for Lexington/Durham/Chapel Hill. I would like to think Indiana means something to them. I would like to think paving his own path means something to them. I would like to think, when considering surrounding talent, that they would see that IU's roster has talent 1-12. That they see Archie is actually building something special that's going to last. 

After Romeo's post-game interview last night, it sure seems like he and his family are 100% class...much like the Zellers. Hopefully Romeo goes way of Cody.

29 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Which coach are you talking about? Has either them had that kind of talent as a head coach? Not questioning your post just making sure I understand what you are saying. Thank you

I was talking about Drew, but now that you say it neither has truly coached, but at least CAM was around elite talent at Arizona, can't say Drew ever has been.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

We're not getting Romeo but it could be much, much worse.  Surfboard Fred could've given Crean another year and if that had happened Archie would be now locked into a long term deal with O$U and our 2018 recruiting class would probably be filled with more Prillers.

I like your confidence.

33 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I’m weary of smoke blowers after Garland, but those comments sure seem to favor IU. 

Thats what is going to send him to iu, If he cares about being an Indiana legend or not. If that doesnt matter he goes to KU and no one outside of New Albany will care what his career looks like.

9 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

IU will improve this season enough to show Romeo he can win big here over the next 2-3 years.  If he wants to be a legend as he’s told several people, he will be at IU.  I’ve already seen improvements from IU and it’s onky been 4-5 games.

Agree. Improvements are noticeable on the floor as well as the sidelines.

I enjoy watching CAM coach. 

Archived