Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

15 mins from my house, was thinking of going. I played for JR Holmes in High School, i might get flash backs.

Hope you get a chance to go.  Expect a packed gym.  Rumor has it that every New Albany home game is already sold out for the year.  

Just now, 5fouls said:

Hope you get a chance to go.  Expect a packed gym.  Rumor has it that every New Albany home game is already sold out for the year.  

i'm guessing its sold out. both teams highly ranked. i could call JR but my ptsd  kicked in thinking about him.

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

i'm guessing its sold out. both teams highly ranked. i could call JR but my ptsd  kicked in thinking about him.

Sold out high school gyms work in IU's favor for landing Romeo.  If IU continues to show improvement, Romeo will be a Hoosier next season.

8 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

A buddy texted me that the entire team is at the NA vs. South game tonight.  Can anyone confirm or refute this?

That would be great to show Romeo that he is wanted at IU.  I am hoping that Romeo did not wait until the spring because he did not want to play in front of Indiana fans every night if he committed elsewhere.

18 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Vandy bound.  He's not coming here.

Not sure why you're so unrelentingly negative about this recruiting battle. Vanderbilt is doing less than IU on the court this year, I don't see that they have superior coaching, and the atmosphere at Assembly Hall is head and shoulders above games at Vanderbilt.  Those are just a few reasons I don't see him choosing Vanderbilt, but I noticed that every time the subject comes up, you quickly state with authority that Langford will not go to IU.  What do you know that the rest of us don't?

...or is it just reverse psychology?  Help me out here...

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Help me out here...and Vanderbilt is?!!

You wanna play with average players or good players? NBA players and friends or non nba players that are two years older than you....

This is a clique game for these top players. They want to squad up...darius literally said so. They could care less about rabid fans and banners from the 80's. Hopefully Archie can bring a paradigm shift. 

With the utmost respect, I think ya'll overstate the status of the program.

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

You wanna play with average players or good players? NBA players and friends or non nba players that are two years older than you....

This is a clique game for these top players. They want to squad up...darius literally said so.

I don't know where Romeo will go, but I firmly believe that he does not make decisions in the same way the average 17 year old does.  

3 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

This is a clique game for these top players. They want to squad up...darius literally said so. They could care less about rabid fans and banners from the 80's. Hopefully Archie can bring a paradigm shift. 

With the utmost respect, I think ya'll overstate the status of the program.

With equal respect, I think you overstate the draw of a mid-pack SEC program with no banners and a bizarre gym layout.  You think these kids don't know about Victor Oladipo and OG Anunoby?  What Vanderbilt players are in the NBA?

23 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

With equal respect, I think you overstate the draw of a mid-pack SEC program with no banners and a bizarre gym layout.  You think these kids don't know about Victor Oladipo and OG Anunoby?  What Vanderbilt players are in the NBA?

With respect I think you're out of touch as is the whole fan base. 

You think I like coming on here being negative and pessimistic? No, I don't. I'm wearing bright red IU shorts that have a Nike swoosh on em so that tells you how long I've supported. I'm tired of Hoosiers living in a bubble. Things have to change. Hopefully Archie can change that.

Just now, ADegenerate said:

With respect I think you're out of touch as is the whole fan base. 

You think I like coming on here being negative and pessimistic? No, I don't. I'm wearing bright red IU that have a Nike swoosh so that tells you how long I've supported. I'm tired of Hoosiers living in a bubble. Things have to change. Hopefully Archie can change that.

Funny...I was thinking the same about you.  Guess we're just imagining the relative professional success of IU players vs. Vanderbilt players.

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Funny...I was thinking the same about you.  Guess we're just imagining the relative professional success of IU players vs. Vanderbilt players.

But the recruitment of Romeo it’s not Indiana or their past vs Vanderbilt and their past. This is Archie Miller and being a legend in IU vs DG and shittu don’t you think? Ps I haven’t read your guys debate so I’m not taking either side just strictly discussing recruitment of Romeo 

1 hour ago, ADegenerate said:

Tried to warn yall. IU isn't a draw for top players.

Doesn't mean it can't be down the road...

I am also pretty sure that a few days ago you said that you were done posting here.

Who's to believe anything you say?

Archived