Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

“Guessed” correctly several times.  It amazes me when it’s not something people want to hear, what they turn in to.

I take everything I read on a message board with a grain a salt.  No matter if it is from peegs, rabby or Jordan Wells (who IMO, maybe provides  the most accurate / honest info)  the others seem to be sunshine pumpers trying to increase the hit count. 

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

People have been saying what I feared, he kept IU in the loop to make his senior season more enjoyable.  His father let the cat out of the bag last night.  We will see if Archie still pursues him after last night and that should tell us something.

Could you expand upon this statement regarding what his father did/said?

42 minutes ago, Shooter said:

Could you expand upon this statement regarding what his father did/said?

His dad said Garland was actively recruiting Romeo to Vandy. Nothing groundbreaking and something we all knew already. Some are just deciding to read into it along with the fact that Romeo was quoted in saying he has watched Vandy and Kansas but not IU yet. There is no insider info here which is why the poster in question was being vague. He did this on the other site in an effort to convince everyone he has inside access to IU info. I suspect he was vouched for by mods because he broke sampsongate and it would bring a large amount of attention to the site and you saw the result of that with the Donovan fiasco which turned out to be completely made up. When people speak in vague absolutes it’s not inside info. It’s attention seaking babble. Take it for what it is, and with a grain of salt. I can assure you the tune will change mutiple times before it’s all said and done

Well this stinks. Talk about a gut punch. I love the incoming class and thought RL could have put it over the top. Not really happy that we are being used to make sure he doesn't get heckled if we aren't in genuine consideration cut us so the coaching staff can move on. Other fish in the sea.

8 minutes ago, Jacarcio said:

Well this stinks. Talk about a gut punch. I love the incoming class and thought RL could have put it over the top. Not really happy that we are being used to make sure he doesn't get heckled if we aren't in genuine consideration cut us so the coaching staff can move on. Other fish in the sea.

I wouldn’t assume we are out of the Romeo sweepstakes just yet but it’s important to remember that we were never the front runner for him. Louisville shot themselves in the foot and Kansas made other guys a priority. We’ve always been playing catch up and Vandy is no different. There’s a reason he is waiting for the Spring to sign and it’s not because he wants the IU media buzz he wouldn’t get if he was already committed elsewhere. If Archie can get this team into contention this year there will be a ton of buzz surrounding him and this program which could push IU to the top of his list. 

Yeah, doesn’t make sense to cater to IU to have a “more enjoyable season”, but two weeks into your season “let the cat out of the bag” that you essentially have no interest in IU, which would theoretically lead to a less enjoyable season. I appreciate any info that is passed along, but to make “absolutes” out of a situation when there is no absolute answer right now is where people get annoyed. Langford has given no indication that IU is in any less of a position than they were after HH. Some of you pessimists haven’t even given Archie a year yet. The guy nailed down three 4 star guys (two in-state) w/o coaching a game and put us in the discussion for Garland and Langford when we previously had literally ZERO chance. Relax with the negative garbage people. 

12 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

People have been saying what I feared, he kept IU in the loop to make his senior season more enjoyable.  His father let the cat out of the bag last night.  We will see if Archie still pursues him after last night and that should tell us something.

I appreciate the insight even if the news is a bit disappointing. It's a long road to the spring signing season, so I'll reserve judgment for now. IU has a lot to prove and a lot they can prove between now and then, so as you said, Archie's actions will speak loud and clear about IU's prospects for signing specific recruits.

Meanwhile, I like the talent that's committed...IU is definitely on the right track even if they don't get every recruit the fans think they should.

37 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

His dad said Garland was actively recruiting Romeo to Vandy. Nothing groundbreaking and something we all knew already. Some are just deciding to read into it along with the fact that Romeo was quoted in saying he has watched Vandy and Kansas but not IU yet. There is no insider info here which is why the poster in question was being vague. He did this on the other site in an effort to convince everyone he has inside access to IU info. I suspect he was vouched for by mods because he broke sampsongate and it would bring a large amount of attention to the site and you saw the result of that with the Donovan fiasco which turned out to be completely made up. When people speak in vague absolutes it’s not inside info. It’s attention seaking babble. Take it for what it is, and with a grain of salt. I can assure you the tune will change mutiple times before it’s all said and done

Thanks. I was around for the Donovan saga, and his posting history from last month turns up these quotes:

Oct 23: "Romeo will be a Hoosier, it's over"

Oct 30: "I think Vandy was just a courtesy visit by the Garlands" (at least there's a qualifier here saying it's an opinion)

I was just giving him a chance to justify his current statement on Romeo.

1 hour ago, Shooter said:

Thanks. I was around for the Donovan saga, and his posting history from last month turns up these quotes:

Oct 23: "Romeo will be a Hoosier, it's over"

Oct 30: "I think Vandy was just a courtesy visit by the Garlands" (at least there's a qualifier here saying it's an opinion)

I was just giving him a chance to justify his current statement on Romeo.

Sorry I don’t live on these message boards like some of you do.  He was sold on IU Zane was ready to commit after Hoosier Hysteria, his father talked him out of it.  His father was once pro IU now is not. Something has happened. “This is just my guess”

29 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Sorry I don’t live on these message boards like some of you do.  He was sold on IU Zane was ready to commit after Hoosier Hysteria, his father talked him out of it.  His father was once pro IU now is not. Something has happened. “This is just my guess”

Any guess as to what happened or what Romeo's dad said?

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Not sure what you mean. You have about three times as many posts here as me. Anyway, I appreciate you clarifying what you meant. I generally enjoy your posts, I just try to take any inside information with a grain of salt, regardless of whether it's good or bad for IU.

4 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

I am pretty sure this same poster all but guaranteed that Garland was coming to IU as well.

I think it's prudent not to talk in absolutes. But, I'm very comfortable in saying that Romeo is not stringing IU along to make his Senior year more enjoyable.  That's not the way the young man does things. 

I have no new information as far as to where he is going.  As far as I'm concerned, it still boils down to how IU performs this season.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am pretty sure this same poster all but guaranteed that Garland was coming to IU as well.

He did. He has a habit of dropping good news to cause a stir then walking it back with some vague update from his “sources”. If you question him he’ll get defensive and lash out at you or threaten to stop posting his “inside info”. It’s all pretty funny actually. To my knowledge  the only confirmed info he’s introduced to this or any message board is sampsongate a decade ago. 

So, Garland is actively recruiting him. Per several on this board, we had multiple IU players "recruiting " Romeo at the Bloomington South game.

Just like statistics, you can make the narrative promote whatever agenda you are trying to push. 

These boards have been through quite a few of these recruiting "wars". None of us have any impact on the decisions these kids make, and very few, if any are close enough to the inner circles to really have any pertinent knowledge of how the kids are going to decide.

This recruiting part of HSN.3 provides some good entertainment and fluff reading, but I really think some folks take themselves way too seriously on here.

35 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

Highly doubt this is over for IU. Now if we get embarrassed over the next 5 games, I’ll write him off. 

That said, I wonder what Romeo is up to on Wednesday. 

If he is just basing his decision on what happens this year on the court he will pick Kansas since IU and Vandy have struggled so far.

47 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think it's prudent not to talk in absolutes. But, I'm very comfortable in saying that Romeo is not stringing IU along to make his Senior year more enjoyable.  That's not the way the young man does things. 

I have no new information as far as to where he is going.  As far as I'm concerned, it still boils down to how IU performs this season.

You know 5 you've mentioned this a few times. But I got to thinking (sometimes it gets me in trouble, ask the wife), and we know RL is considering Vandy  and Darius is said to be "recruiting" Romeo there. But what if Vandy has a bad season, why wouldn't that influence Romeos decision to go there? Just throwin' it out there......

Guys, you are all free to beleive or not beleive what anybody posts. But please refrain from the attacks. It serves no purpose.

Debate, point out discrepancies and ask for clarification....that all is fine.

But to accuse somebody of.just seeking attention, borderline mocking etc is starting to get close to crossing a line.

Many people appreciate and respect the poster. Some don"t. But we can choose to beleive or not without getting in the weeds.

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If he is just basing his decision on what happens this year on the court he will pick Kansas since IU and Vandy have struggled so far.

I don' think it is as simple as which team has the best record this year. I would think it is more in trying to see the framework of the team next year and the year after.

Seeing how each team progresses and improves. How the players develop, who comes back etc.

So, sure, I imagine performance matters. But not simply in terms.of wins and losses.

5 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Feel free to not visit this site if this is your opinion. Which is absolute bunk, by the way. You are visiting this site for free, which is something you can thank the original mods for. There are plenty of other places for you to take your browsing. If you plan to stay, keep this crap off the board. 

24 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Feel free to not visit this site if this is your opinion. Which is absolute bunk, by the way. You are visiting this site for free, which is something you can thank the original mods for. There are plenty of other places for you to take your browsing. If you plan to stay, keep this crap off the board. 

I could be wrong, but I THINK he was saying that the poster he was referring to had no inside info. Surely he wasn’t talking about HSN in general? 

Archived