Romeo Langford

7 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I could be wrong, but I THINK he was saying that the poster he was referring to had no inside info. Surely he wasn’t talking about HSN in general? 

I will not tolerate this:

I suspect he was vouched for by mods because he broke sampsongate and it would bring a large amount of attention to the site and you saw the result of that with the Donovan fiasco which turned out to be completely made up.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Correct. Im not even sure what point about my post DJ is trying to make. I didnt say anything about HSN

Probably best we all move along from this. DJ is right, you clearly said we allowed "things" to bring attention to the site.

No point in keeping this going. Lets get back to Romeo discussion.

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

You know 5 you've mentioned this a few times. But I got to thinking (sometimes it gets me in trouble, ask the wife), and we know RL is considering Vandy  and Darius is said to be "recruiting" Romeo there. But what if Vandy has a bad season, why wouldn't that influence Romeos decision to go there? Just throwin' it out there......

There are two very important factors in play here for Romeo.

• Factor #1) Being comfortable in his environment.  Current advantage Vandy.  Romeo has an existing friendship with Garland.  And, he truly likes Bryce Drew.  That's not to say that he would not be comfortable at Indiana.  Just that they have ground to make up.
  • Factor #2) Being part of something historical.  Current Advantage Indiana.  Romeo fully understands that he will never, ever, be as huge in Tennessee than he can be in Indiana.  If he can lead Indiana to a Final Four as a sophomore (yes, he will be in college as a sophomore), then his name is up there with Robertson, Bird, Bailey, Cheaney, and Alford as the most legendary ever to come out of the state of Indiana.   No matter how much Darius Garland whispers in Romeo's ear, Vandy cannot give him that, even if Vandy were to reach a Final Four.

So, in essence, IU has a chance to match Vandy on Factor #1, but Vandy has no chance to match IU on Factor #2. On that reality alone, IU is not only still in the running, but may actually have THE advantage.

That's the way I see it.  And, remember...

• When everyone thought he was headed to UK, I indicated the UK environment did not fit the young man's personality.
  • When everyone then thought he was headed to UL, I stated that the UL troubles with the NCAA would be a factor.
  • I quickly, and correctly, called the coaching change at Indiana would pull IU into the mix.
  • I was the first to announce on the predecessor board that Vandy was a real player.

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

There are two very important factors in play here for Romeo.

• Factor #1) Being comfortable in his environment.  Current advantage Vandy.  Romeo has an existing friendship with Garland.  And, he truly likes Bryce Drew.  That's not to say that he would not be comfortable at Indiana.  Just that they have ground to make up.
  • Factor #2) Being part of something historical.  Current Advantage Indiana.  Romeo fully understands that he will never, ever, be as huge in Tennessee than he can be in Indiana.  If he can lead Indiana to a Final Four as a sophomore (yes, he will be in college as a sophomore), then his name is up there with Robertson, Bird, Bailey, Cheaney, and Alford as the most legendary ever to come out of the state of Indiana.   No matter how much Darius Garland whispers in Romeo's ear, Vandy cannot give him that, even if Vandy were to reach a Final Four.

So, in essence, IU has a chance to match Vandy on Factor #1, but Vandy has no chance to match IU on Factor #2. On that reality alone, IU is not only still in the running, but may actually have THE advantage.

That's the way I see it.  And, remember...

• When everyone thought he was headed to UK, I indicated the UK environment did not fit the young man's personality.
  • When everyone then thought he was headed to UL, I stated that the UL troubles with the NCAA would be a factor.
  • I quickly, and correctly, called the coaching change at Indiana would pull IU into the mix.
  • I was the first to announce on the predecessor board that Vandy was a real player.

Wait...is that you Romeo?

I appreciate the mods, especially Mile, taking up for me.  I’ll continue to lurk and read but I’m done posting any info I hear.  I’ll pass it along to Mile from now on and he can’t decide wether he wants to put it out there or not.  These are still “kids” there minds change often, very often.  Look at what Romeos dad said after last night and you’ll see what I was talking about when I said he let the car out of the bag so to speak.  Hope I’m wrong, again.

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I appreciate the mods, especially Mile, taking up for me.  I’ll continue to lurk and read but I’m done posting any info I hear.  I’ll pass it along to Mile from now on and he can’t decide wether he wants to put it out there or not.  These are still “kids” there minds change often, very often.  Look at what Romeos dad said after last night and you’ll see what I was talking about when I said he let the car out of the bag so to speak.  Hope I’m wrong, again.

Well, that's a shame. I follow you on here for a reason and I'm hoping you'll reconsider turning off the tap because some folks here got pretty aggressive questioning you. I don't agree with how aggressive some got, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My personal take is that you have pretty good information and I hate to see a few posts questioning that end your willingness to share what you hear (and think you can share). Either way, thanks again for what you have been willing to share. Surely we are all grown up enough to take what you say and reach our own conclusions without killing the messenger.

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Are you referring to him saying they haven't watched any IU games yet this year? Unless you have other information...which you might...I can't say I am overly concerned with this. I hope he didn't watch any of our first 3 games. Also, maybe they've made it a point NOT to watch an IU game yet, as to not get a biased opinion of the team's early adjustments to a new system. I don't know...as you said...they're kids and they change their mind. But I would love (through PM if need be) to know what has happened between HH and a near commitment to now that puts us out of the running.

9 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Sensitive much?  You posted stuff about Donovan that turned out false.  Of course some on here are going to be critical of you.  It's an internet message board- get over yourself.

12 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

So you are like the little kid who gets their feelings hurt and taking your ball and going home.

Hopefully our team makes good progress throughout the season to eventually make it to the tourney and Vandy misses it. So far this season, there's been some growing pain, but we only had one bad loss against ISU. Seeing the way CAM coaches and how the team responds, CAM is as good as advertised or even better. Just like the 76ers kid Embiid said, I trust OUR process. 

Back to Romeo conversation, both scenarios make sense to me. Romeo really hasn't decided OR he knows where he wants to go but just wants to make sure he's made the right decision AND at the same time, that can make his senior season a lot smoother. From Romeo's perspective, he doesn't gain anything by announcing early. 

IMO, we'll be doing just fine without him, BUT with him, we can get over the hump earlier than expected, and it can make much easier for our coaching staff to land Brooks and Davis.

Romeo is a quiet kid. Typically directly answers question, in a direct manner. Does not go beyond that in terms of info.  As a result, I would not read too much into his statement that he has not had much time to view IU on tv yet.

What I can share with you.... IU continues to be in contact with the Langford's on a regular basis. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Romeo is a quiet kid. Typically directly answers question, in a direct manner. Does not go beyond that in terms of info.  As a result, I would not read too much into his statement that he has not had much time to view IU on tv yet.

What I can share with you.... IU continues to be in contact with the Langford's on a regular basis. 

I wish that the coaching staff had went to the game the other night and not just the players.

37 minutes ago, KDB said:

Would have made me feel better.

Just found this from NCAA rules on coaches initiating contact during a players Senior Year. Might explain why Archie wasn't there (so he sent players instead) because he's either used a good chunk of visits up or wants to save 1-2 for down the road? 

• Senior year: College coaches can contact recruits and/or their parents off the college’s campus up to seven times.

Archived